Sign in to follow this  
treebuffalo

Chapter 15

Is it just me, or does this describe most animals?

The Ancients of excellent action, 

Masters of the subtle essence,

profoundly penetrated so deep we cannot understand. 

Truly, for this reason we cannot understand. 

But I will try to describe their attitude.

Cautious! As if crossing a frozen stream in winter. 

Alert! As if danger were on all sides. 

Dignified! As if a visitor. 

Relaxed! As ice about to melt. 

Simple! As uncut jade. 

Empty! As a mountain valley. 

Obscure! As muddiness. 

And through their muddy stillness would gradually clear. 

And through their still movement would gradually come alive.

Embrace this path by not wanting to fulfill it. 

Truly, for this reason will it never be filled.

And grow old without having to constantly restore what you’ve made.

translation by Tree Buffalo

第十五章

【老子說】古之善為道者,微妙玄通,深不可識。夫唯不可識,故強為之容:豫兮若冬涉川;猶兮若畏四鄰;儼兮其若客;渙兮其若凌釋;敦兮其若朴;曠兮其若谷;混兮其若濁;孰能濁以靜之徐清?孰能安以動之徐生?保此道者,不欲盈。夫唯不盈,故能蔽而新成。

原文網址:https://kknews.cc/culture/nx969m3.html

【微塵說】古時掌握精通了道的人,微妙通達、高深莫測,不是一般人能夠認識理解的。正因為不能認識理解他,所以只能勉強來做些形容:他小心謹慎,好像冬天踩著水過河,如履薄冰。他警覺警惕,隨時關注著四周的危險;他嚴肅自重,時時像做客他家那般恭敬;他行動灑脫從容,就像冰塊緩緩消融;他穩重敦實,好像沒有加工的原料;他豁達深邃,好像空曠的山谷;他圓通包容,好像泥沙皆有的渾水。誰能夠使渾濁雜亂安靜下來慢慢變得清澈?誰能夠在安靜中動起來保持綿綿生機?保持了這種道的人,是不會自滿的。正因為他不自滿,所以能夠去故更新。

原文網址:https://kknews.cc/culture/nx969m3.html

In ancient times, those who mastered and mastered the Dao were subtle, penetrating and unfathomable, and they were not something that ordinary people could understand and understand. Precisely because I can't understand him, I can only describe him reluctantly: he is cautious and cautious, like stepping on water across the river in winter, like walking on thin ice. He is alert and vigilant, paying attention to the dangers around him at all times; he is serious and self-respect, always as respectful as a guest at his home; he acts freely and easily, like ice melting slowly; It is deep, like an empty valley; it is tact and inclusive, like muddy water that contains both sand and sand. Who can quiet the turbidity and slowly become clear? Who can move in silence and stay alive? Those who maintain this way will not be complacent. It is precisely because he is not complacent that he is able to go and renew.

• Like 1

帛書版

15 【古之善為道者,微妙玄達,】深不可志(識)。夫唯不可志(識),故強為之容,曰:與呵其若冬【涉水,猶呵其若】畏四【鄰,嚴】呵其若客,渙呵其若凌(凌)澤(釋),□呵其若(樸),湷【呵其若濁,呵其】若浴(谷)。濁而情(靜)之,餘(徐)清。女〈安〉以重(動)之,餘(徐)生。葆此道不欲盈。夫唯不欲【盈,是】以能【敝而不】成。

帛書甲本

【道纪。古之善为道者,微妙玄达,】深不可志(识)。夫唯不可志(识),故强为之容,曰:与呵其若冬【涉水,犹呵其若】畏四【邻,严】呵其若客,涣呵其若凌(凌)泽(释),□呵其若(朴),湷【呵其若浊,呵其】若浴(谷)。浊而情(静)之,余(徐)清。女〈安〉以重(动)之,余(徐)生。葆此道不欲盈。夫唯不欲【盈,是】以能【敝而不】成。

乙本

古之□为道者,微眇(妙)玄达,深不可志(识)。夫唯不可志(识),故强为之容,曰:与呵其若冬涉水,猷(犹)呵其若畏四(邻),严呵其若客,涣呵其若凌(凌)泽(释),沌呵其若朴,湷呵其若浊,呵其若浴(谷)。浊而静之,徐清。女〈安〉以重(动)之,徐生。葆此道者不欲盈。是以能(敝)而不成。

帛書版說{蔽而不成},這個部份我也看不懂,{蔽}就是老舊或遮蔽,{不成}就是不成功,老舊而不成功,這甚麼意思我也看不懂

Edited by awaken

Sign in to follow this