Bindi

Differences between dualism and non-dualism

5 minutes ago, dawn90 said:

That's just playing with words.

I'd love to see you attain non-dual realization in your non-dojo doing nothing. 

What can you DO to realize something? It is a recognition/understanding. Is any "action" needed to recognize something?

What one CAN DO is prepare their mind. That's all that is needed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

As a kid I'd try to catch the bullfrogs that sunned themselves on the side of our family pond.  These days I don't have access to a pond or bullfrogs so I try to grasp nondual experiences instead.  Squirmy little buggers.  I haven't caught any yet but, like the stubborn dualist that I am, I won't give up.

yes, one of those jumped into my hands, I tried kissing it but it did not transform into a prince, instead it jumped back into the pond and left me with a slimy layer on my hands.

Following the advice of my teacher I have not attached much importance to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, dwai said:

What one CAN DO is prepare their mind. That's all that is needed

And that takes practice otherwise you'd already be naturally like that. Welcome to duality dwai, I hope you stay here forever.

Edited by dawn90
  • Haha 3

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread, I have experienced much cultivation. I am not against non-dualism as such, but from child hood I was trained to use my subtle energy body, on a regular basics to explore the mysteries of the other world(s) (same world but from a different perspectives).

It is regrettable that I do not understand/get non-dualism, I gain experience through my efforts, I don't seem to get much understanding out of books, so at least for now I am stuck in a dualism capacity. Again thanks for all of your kind efforts.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dawn90 said:

And that takes practice otherwise you'd already be naturally like that. Welcome to duality dwai, I hope you stay here forever.

This is one of the interesting side effects of realization - understanding that "you" have never chosen, or acted on anything. There has never been anyone to do anything. Your history is a story you tell you yourself about who you are and has no ultimate reality in the moment your recollect it. There is only ever here/now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dawn90 said:

That's just playing with words.

I'd love to see you attain non-dual realization in your non-dojo doing nothing. 

That’s exactly how it happens

No warning, nothing one does or does not do makes it happen. It is more a gift than an achievement. In nondual Buddhist and Bön traditions the best meditation is referred to as non-meditation. One does absolutely nothing at all and can do it anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dawn90 said:

:D duality appears within the nondual. It is not an either-or proposition. There is nothing to escape from. The liberation spiel is only for stubborn dualists.  ;) 

Spoiler

Edited by dwai
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, steve said:

That’s exactly how it happens

No warning, nothing one does or does not do makes it happen. It is more a gift than an achievement. In nondual Buddhist and Bön traditions the best meditation is referred to as non-meditation. One does absolutely nothing at all and can do it anywhere.

An wakening as an example?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ralis said:

47 pages and no answer yet? I'm waiting!  :lol::lol:

What is the question?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, steve said:

What is the question?

Why do you so often change avatars??

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, steve said:

What is the question?

You're supposed to have the answer. Only if you know the question because I don't. :lol:

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

You're supposed to have the answer. Only if you know the question because I don't. :lol:

The answer is a jiffy.

The question is what is 1/100 of a second.

I guess we can stop now.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ralis said:

47 pages and no answer yet? I'm waiting!  :lol::lol:

My answer for the subtle body dualism team Lol: In my lineage everyone professing to have a functional subtle energy spirit body is critically tested 'for their sake' to prove to them that their subtle energy body is functional. (for those of you who are not clear on the Lol team name= Love of life Lol.:lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, natural said:

Good question!

I will sit with that for a while.

The immediate answer is I do it whenever I feel so inspired. Sometimes it’s an image or a mood or an insight or intention. 
This latest was that I wanted to use a yellow RAM syllable. It’s a purification, the seed syllable of fire. I may make one but haven’t yet.

I couldn’t find an image online but came across this beautiful blue HUNG and use it as an intention to connect to the space in my heart when interacting with others here.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, natural said:

I like Steve's latest avatar -- that beautiful flurescent blue!  I hope it doesn't change but only fools get attached to the avatars of nondualists.  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, steve said:

I couldn’t find an image online but came across this beautiful blue HUNG and use it as an intention to connect to the space in my heart when interacting with others here.

Feeling the blue; huh?

Good for you.

My personal favorite is a royal blue.

Edited by dawn90
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, stirling said:

I'll give you my definition - a version of "Ultimate Bodhicitta" in my own words: 

Being present with and for the suffering of the world, and being in alignment with Wisdom, the understanding of the emptiness of all phenomena.

A reasonable definition but still human-centric

Imagine that the solar system has its own karma.  Many of the kingdoms of Creation/Existence need to participate in the learning process.  And some kingdoms take longer than others to learn

For example the mineral kingdom on Earth was in pain for some billions of years before it decided to move on - in about 2017 - and all because it did not like the current entity being in the position of Planetary Logos

Edited by Lairg

7 minutes ago, dawn90 said:

Feeling the blue; huh?

Good for you.

My personal favorite is a royal blue.

My favorite is Odilon Redon blue.

D38D24F4-28E5-460A-A80D-245126F22F34.jpeg

• Like 1

The non-dualist believes that cultivation of energy is enough to get to atma that it'll work out once in contact with ones higher energies.

All answers will arrive. I don't believe that; I believe that cultivation of energy has to fill inside a well thought and determined space that is cultivated through ones attunement to morales and values.

So what it really comes down to; is do you value morales - or not.

Do you care? The non-dualist might say it's irrelevant. Or.

The higher self will know what to do. it's incorporated in it (atma).

In resume, the non-dualist puts his whole trust in the energy within him and the dualist believes you have to do something with it.

The body serves the mind; or the mind serves the body. (dualist; non-dualist).

2 minutes ago, dawn90 said:

the non-dualist puts his whole trust in the energy within him

Is that really a non-dualist perspective?  Is his trust separate from the energy?  Is that dualist?

Why does the non-dualist need to do anything?

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

On 02-06-2022 at 3:25 PM, mrpasserby said:

I would be interested to read the posting on a subject of this magnitude, and I would enjoy adding my personal experiences on this subject as well. 

Blue Aura

52 minutes ago, Lairg said:

Why does the non-dualist need to do anything?

You're absolutely correct: they don't have to do anything. Because the blue is in you then you don't have to worry about it.

As blue is the finest color.

But don't you dare believe it with another color.

Edited by dawn90