Bindi

Differences between dualism and non-dualism

14 minutes ago, Bindi said:

I agree liminal luke’s answer is the correct nondual answer. 

Preferring life to death is sooo dual. 

Now there are correct non-dual answers?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

Now there are correct non-dual answers?

From a dualist perspective, all answers to questions about nondualism are incorrect.  From a nondualist perspective, all answers to questions about nondualism are correct.  Or do I have this backwards?

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, blue eyed snake said:

all according to the book eh

I was wondering that myself. Any titles come to mind so I can purchase such a book?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

From a dualist perspective, all answers to questions about nondualism are incorrect.  From a nondualist perspective, all answer to question about nondualism are correct.  Or do I have this backwards?

Why does anyone really care? After all, Tom Robbins in his novel "Another Roadside Attraction" describes the human species as a traveling flea circus. :lol::lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

you'd better ask @dwai

In duality all we have are questions, not many convincing answers. In nonduality there are only answers, but no questions at all. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, dwai said:

In duality all we have are questions, not many convincing answers. In nonduality there are only answers, but no questions at all. 

Yes! And, I'd go so far as to say that non-dual understanding OBVIATES all questions and ultimately obliterates all relativities and stories. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dwai said:

Therefor being a non-dualist you know all things non-dual?

• Like 1

…These things, when they pour down or come in, present themselves with a great force, a vivid sense of inspiration or illumination, much sensation of light and joy, an impression of widening and power. The sadhak feels himself freed from the normal limits, projected into a wonderful new world of experience, filled and enlarged and exalted;what comes associates itself, besides, with his aspirations, ambitions, notions of spiritual fulfillment and yogic siddhi; it is represented even as itself that realisation and fulfillment. Very easily he is carried away by the splendour and the rush, and thinks that he has realised more than he has truly done, something final or at least something sovereignly true. At this stage the necessary knowledge and experience are usually lacking which would tell him that this is only a very uncertain and mixed beginning; he may not realise at once that he is still in the cosmic Ignorance, not in the cosmic Truth, much less in the Transcendental Truth, and that whatever formative or dynamic idea-truths may have come down into him are partial only and yet further diminished by their presentation to him by a still mixed consciousness. He may fail to realise also that if he rushes to apply what he is realising or receiving as if it were something definitive, he may either fall into confusion and error or else get shut up in some partial formation in which there may be an element of spiritual Truth but it is likely to be outweighted by more dubious mental and vital accretions that deform it altogether.

~ Sri Aurobindo (1932)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

From a dualist perspective, all answers to questions about nondualism are incorrect.  From a nondualist perspective, all answers to questions about nondualism are correct.  Or do I have this backwards?

Who cares?

if you can answer that you have arrived!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ralis said:

Why does anyone really care? After all, Tom Robbins in his novel "Another Roadside Attraction" describes the human species as a traveling flea circus. :lol::lol:

Ever read Katherine Dunn's Geek Love?

Talk about traveling circuses!

One of the most memorable and bizarre novels I've ever read. 

18 minutes ago, ralis said:

Therefor being a non-dualist you know all things non-dual?

Things and nondual? 🤔 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, stirling said:

Yes! And, I'd go so far as to say that non-dual understanding OBVIATES all questions and ultimately obliterates all relativities and stories. 

The spiritual nuclear option.  And, with the add-on "doomsday" component, like the pyro-cumulus in Taos consuming the whole cosmos.  By mistake, naturally.

Edited by Mark Foote

To all the non-dualists; even if you know the answers, there is rarely follow through for suffering humanity. It is a passive do nothing trance. Note it, be aware of it and god forbid, I'm not getting my hands dirty. Oh I might get a karmic disease.

Edited by ralis
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, natural said:

I am old school....

One is borne

One will suffer

and One will die

Interupt with as many happy times as possible in between!

3 hours ago, natural said:

Yeah right, try that on some one with broken bones or other serious trauma.

Mind over matter only goes so far for some of us.....

I am a non card carrying member of the great unwashed masses, I continue to struggle and shuffle every day.

Exactly why my experience of suffering is now described as a crisis of percpetion.  Suffering is experienced as separate from sensations.

Without perceiving/storytelling a sensation into an intolerable aggregate of what is, the sensation remains, yet suffering ceases.

Sensation occurs.  Suffering arises aside from this and is experienced as generated in mind alone (with the caveat that body is also a layer of mind).

Disclaimer: as always anything i say is a sharing as i experience it.  Only sharing, not claiming a truth for others.  Dismiss, disregard at will please.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ralis said:

To all the non-dualists; even if you know the answers, there is rarely follow through for suffering humanity. It is a passive do nothing trance. Note it, be aware of it and god forbid, I'm not getting my hands dirty. Oh I might get a karmic disease.

Trance?

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I thought you said you received a transmission from Norbu?

20 minutes ago, ralis said:

To all the non-dualists; even if you know the answers, there is rarely follow through for suffering humanity. It is a passive do nothing trance. Note it, be aware of it by not getting my hands dirty. Oh I might get a karmic disease.

A fascinating revealing of your perspesctive.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

I realize this line of discourse is distressful for many here.

FWIW, For all the friends who have been hurt by nondual assertions,  please don’t take what some of us saying as a criticism or rejection of your personal practices.

Please continue to do what works for you. But at least give what is being pointed to a serious thinking through. If @Bindi wants to develop her central channel, it will become easier with nondual recognition. All practices will become more natural, and progress towards becoming effortless. If someone wants to develop a light body, it’ll help them too. So it is for all other spiritual practices. 

No one is diminishing the suffering caused by/faced by humanity. And I am certain all good people do the best they can to help (whether they are dualists or nondualists).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ralis said:

20 minutes ago, steve said:

Trance?

Perhaps the biggest paradox of awakening is that afterwards everything is perfect and yet, when things go wrong, you care more.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, steve said:

Trance?

I thought you said you received a transmission from Norbu?

I did, but what does that have to do with your question? 

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

A fascinating revealing of your perspesctive.

Observation.