Matt

For sale: Winn's TAI CHI for ENLIGHTENMENT - SOLD

Matt,

Why u selling it are you not happy with the practice or any other reason?

WYG

Hey WYG,

Yeah, I guess you could say that. I never really put too much effort into it and never practiced much. Also, I think I am looking for something else, and this isnt it.

I was sent this from a friend as my system is called "Primordial Chaos One Chi Palm" and i wasnt impressed with Mr Winns structure or movements as well the form is very basic and i guess for older folk it might help but i agree with you i didnt really think it was that great a form.

regards

WYG

Maybe you should ask for a refund for a misleading name. :)

LOL!. Thanks Max. Now nobody will buy it...then again, its not like people are lining up.. :P

Yeah, there's not much to the form. I really dont think it should be called 'tai chi' either, or 'enlightenment'

Maybe a refund is in order... :blink:

If the form doesn't appeal to you, no worries, everyone has different tastes in forms and exercises.

However, to those who have delved deeply into this form, it truly is a remarkable treasure. It is not one to be simply tossed aside.

Primordial Qigong is the favorite of not only Michael Winn, but of

Qigong instructor Donald Rubbo,

"Sifu Rubbo had the rare honor to meet and study with Master Zhu Hui, and developed a deep connection to and respect for this profound system, whose depths he feels are unlimited. Sifu Rubbo asked Master Zhu Hui, "What benefits can one derive from practicing Primordial Chi Gung?" Master Zhu Hui replied, "In my personal experience, I have developed the capability to see what ails you. But not only that, I have cultivated the wisdom and ability to heal you." This statement had a profound influence on Sifu Rubbo, and he was so inspired by Master Zhu he began teaching the "Wu Ji" system to his students. Master Zhu Hui recommended to Sifu Rubbo to practice a minimum of four sets per day, with each set taking between eight and twelve minutes to perform."

Empty Vessel editor Solala Towler,

and bestselling qigong author Roger Jahnke who, in his book, The Healing Power of Qi, described a conversation he had with a retired doctor now living as a monk in the mountains of China, Dr. Chen, who had used the form to cure himself of liver cancer.

"I made the acquaintance of an elder monk who was involved in the lineage of a secret Tai Chi I had learned many years earlier. He taught me a Qigong form that is based on reversing time that comes directly from the master who created the original Tai Chi, Zhang San Feng. Master Zhang had a background in the tradition of Inner Alchemy, and a strong feeling for the value of moving meditation. The form, called Primordial Qigong, reverses time to reconnect the practitioner with the past and with their prebirth state to alter the course of the future. I practiced this Qigong faithfully and took some herbal formulas, and over some time, recovered from the cancer. "

If the form doesn't appeal to you, no worries, everyone has different tastes in forms and exercises.

However, to those who have delved deeply into this form, it truly is a remarkable treasure. It is not one to be simply tossed aside.

Primordial Qigong is the favorite of not only Michael Winn, but of

Qigong instructor Donald Rubbo,

"Sifu Rubbo had the rare honor to meet and study with Master Zhu Hui, and developed a deep connection to and respect for this profound system, whose depths he feels are unlimited. Sifu Rubbo asked Master Zhu Hui, "What benefits can one derive from practicing Primordial Chi Gung?" Master Zhu Hui replied, "In my personal experience, I have developed the capability to see what ails you. But not only that, I have cultivated the wisdom and ability to heal you." This statement had a profound influence on Sifu Rubbo, and he was so inspired by Master Zhu he began teaching the "Wu Ji" system to his students. Master Zhu Hui recommended to Sifu Rubbo to practice a minimum of four sets per day, with each set taking between eight and twelve minutes to perform."

Empty Vessel editor Solala Towler,

and bestselling qigong author Roger Jahnke who, in his book, The Healing Power of Qi, described a conversation he had with a retired doctor now living as a monk in the mountains of China, Dr. Chen, who had used the form to cure himself of liver cancer.

"I made the acquaintance of an elder monk who was involved in the lineage of a secret Tai Chi I had learned many years earlier. He taught me a Qigong form that is based on reversing time that comes directly from the master who created the original Tai Chi, Zhang San Feng. Master Zhang had a background in the tradition of Inner Alchemy, and a strong feeling for the value of moving meditation. The form, called Primordial Qigong, reverses time to reconnect the practitioner with the past and with their prebirth state to alter the course of the future. I practiced this Qigong faithfully and took some herbal formulas, and over some time, recovered from the cancer. "

And I have it for sale on DVD for only $20.....

Edited by Matt

LOL Matt!

Jonah,

Many forms of Primordial Chi Gong, many like to use Wun Yuen "Hun Yuan"!

I dont know about these guys but my Primordial Chaos system has 64 sections over 700 movements passed down from Lao Tzu's disciples. I wonder if Chang Seng Feng learnt any Primoridal Chi Kung from my lineage from Lao Tzu's lineage? hmmm Interesting im sure Chang Seng Feng would have worked on Lao Tzus' Tao Te Ching as part of his studies?!

WYG

WYG,

That sounds like a very cool form you are studying.

There are indeed many forms called Primordial Chi Kung.

The one Michael Winn teaches is from Master Zhu Hui, who also taught it to Sifu Rubbo. Roger Jahnke learned it from Winn, Rubbo, and Dr. Chen. Solala Towler learned it from one of Zhu Hui's senior students Cheng Bingsong, who has his own DVD:

http://wujigong.com/

There is no doubt it is a simple practice, and is not very complicated. The simplicity is perfect for me, as I find it to be an efficient and effective foundation practice that really complements the basics - standing post practices and stillness meditation.

Best,

Jonah

Edited by Jonah

Hi Jonah,

I see i read that website ages ago on Primordial Chi Kung from Robbo and was wondering what it looked like so its the same as Mr Winns?!

Interesting how it would bring enlightenment and if so what does one feel from this enlightenment? When i read about enlightenment i see and read things like Lei Shan Dao, Mo Pai which has 72 levels that attains abilties and so forth. But Mr Winn is saying this form alone will bring possibly what the 72 levels would bring of the Mo Pai and Lei Shan Dao. Of course thereare other methods those 2 seem to be the deepest with its levels and daoist philosphy thats why im asking!

So does that mean everything else that Mr Winn teachers is not as higher level due to the Taiji/wuji gong is the enlightenment form. You wont need One Clouds 7 formulas if u have this Wuji form?

Maybe it brings a different enlightenment?

WYG

No Cause,

YES, that is me i started a thread on Reverse breathing recently asking questions which i asked here ages ago but i think i am doing the same as the rest.

Why you ask?

WYG

Interesting how it would bring enlightenment and if so what does one feel from this enlightenment?

The pleasure of writing a check to pay your credit card bill by the end of the month. :)

I don't want to diss Primordial Qi gong because it's a nice little set. Yet, things should be called thier proper names to preserve the meaning of terms that stand for something. Look at what happened to a word "natural" in healthcare, food and supplement industries. Useless.

I see i read that website ages ago on Primordial Chi Kung from Robbo and was wondering what it looked like so its the same as Mr Winns?!

Yes. They both learned the exact same form from Master Zhu Hui. Michael made a minor change to the closing movement, focusing on the central channel, but other than that they are identical forms.

So does that mean everything else that Mr Winn teachers is not as higher level due to the Taiji/wuji gong is the enlightenment form. You wont need One Clouds 7 formulas if u have this Wuji form?

Maybe it brings a different enlightenment?

"Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water."

Enlightenment is not a one-size-fits-all commodity. There are gradations of enlightenment with different nuances, strengths, and flavors. It is not a final destination that you reach, where everything is easy, effortless, and blissful 100% of the time. It is a journey.

Just as the sun rises and falls, so does its light brighten and then fade away into darkness. Enlightenment is the same. You will have periods of clarity, and other periods where you nod off and go back to sleep.

Awakening for longer and longer periods of time does gradually occur, and different methods can help you get there. Primordial Chi Kung can get you there. So can Winn's alchemy formulas. Different routes, different experiences, different types of enlightenment. Within the formulas there are gradations of enlightenment. There is the Lesser Enlightenment of Kan & Li, Greater Enlightenment of Kan & Li, Greatest Enlightenment of Kan & Li, etc.

It depends on the person and what area of their life/psyche needs to be enlightened, made fully aware and awakened. I can't speak of the 72 levels of Mo Pai, I haven't experienced them. I'm confident they are a completely valid path.

Personally, I'm of the philosophy of "doing one thing well, rather than doing many things not so well." Again, this is simply a personal preference. Others prefer and thrive in complexity. You choose what suits you best.

As far as achieving "full enlightenment," or becoming "fully awakened," that is a long-term goal for many. If that is your goal realize there are many paths one can take, and the path that works great for you may be completely inappropriate and won't work for another. There is no one standard path for everyone.

Edited by Jonah

Question on content: What types of taichi movements are taught on the video? How many? Visible relationship to other forms or formats? Yang etc? Are there any sample clips on youtube? Thanks.

Question on content: What types of taichi movements are taught on the video? How many? Visible relationship to other forms or formats? Yang etc? Are there any sample clips on youtube? Thanks.

Here is Winn's page dedicated to this form with a video to download. I couldnt get the video to play though. Maybe you might have more luck.

http://www.taichi-enlightenment.com/

I wasn't able to find anything on youtube, but I have the video for $20. If you buy it, then you can post it on youtube if you like. :P

Peter Weller Across the 8th Dimension of Redundancy?

Can't seem to find the video download.

Edited by Spectrum

Peter Weller Across the 8th Dimension of Redundancy?

Can't seem to find the video download.

there really is no relation to any of the martial forms. there is a movement that's similar to the 'ward off' motion, minus the precision of body mechanics. but that's about it. there's nothing martial about it, so it's a totally different monster.

i didn't like it at first. was really disappointed at how simple and "un-precise" the movements were. the only reason i gave it a second glance was because there was a movement in the form that made me feel sick. i figured something was going on there that i might want to examine a little bit.

now i rather enjoy it.

=)

I have this dvd and practice it a couple of times a week.

It promotes a very good feeling and it almost seems like a ceremony.

The music is very cool too.

Isn't there a money back guarantee?

Anyway, how could any form "enlighten" ?

It is pretty absurd to expect something like that from practicing a form.....

This thread made me try to remember how it went.

I used to do a lot of this form when I was (a bit) younger, but it only made me feel lumpy in the liver. Mind you, that was true of many practices, so it was clearly my problem and not the form's.

Anyway, long story short, couldn't remember, so had a look at the video when I went to my Mum's recently.

And it all came back to me, so I had a little go.

And much to my surprise, I really like it. I do modify it slighly, in that I won't gather at the ltt, but just let it all flow on down, and I do the heaven cycle as a push through rather than a gather in, and I'm damned if I'm going to remember all the stuff about what's coming from where in each round, but... yes. It feels really nice.

I especially like the bit where you offer the ball to each side at the start of the earth cycle.

Maybe you should ask for a refund for a misleading name. :)

HAHAHAHAHA

Include the millions of "Pop-Daoist" materials out there.

:)

Did this form make Winn enlightened? This would be my first question.

:lol: