Sign in to follow this  
themiddleway

The 1100 ton Unfinished Obelisk

1 hour ago, Lairg said:

"'That's it!' said the chacarero. That's what's eaten your spurs away! That's the stuff the Incas used for shaping stones. The juice will soften rock up till it's like paste. You must show me where you found the plants.' "

http://www.spirasolaris.ca/waterstone.html

The mystery deepens since Colonel Fawcett disappeared  almost 100 years ago in the deadliest of jungles somewhere close to the lost city of Z. Never to be heard from again.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

The mystery deepens since Colonel Fawcett disappeared  almost 100 years ago in the deadliest of jungles somewhere close to the lost city of Z. Never to be heard from again.  :lol:

No wait, I think I ran into his party at a local watering hole, the Allview Inn bar and restaurant?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ralis said:

Oh damn !  .... I thought you where going to say  ....  " and they lived happily ever-after .  "

Did you read the rest of the story  ?   They where drunk ... one , so drunk (or just such an arsehole ) that he  tried to force their  local  mixed ethnicity ' digging helper '  to drink an unknown liquid that he said was beer or similar .... or perhaps poison . The poor man sniffed it , refused to drink, he was 'ordered' to , escaped ran away, was chased, bought back and 'ordered' to drink it again .    But he ran away again .... and they laughed .

I also liked the story about the bird   that placed a magic stone melting leaf on a rock ,  came back the next day and the leaf had dissolved the rock into a little bowl, that collected water and the bird drank it  .... what remarkable bird behaviour !  

- especially since it was next to a river , and it could have got a drink there  .... or any other place every other animal in that place drinks from .... without having to 'soften stone' to make their own  water bowl . 

;)

ow I know what you are gonna say  ...... why does the bird need to make a NEW bowl for a  drink , why not go back to that last one bowl it made , or the ones all its ancestors before it made ?

Well, I am ahead of you on that one , you see I have not mentioned the ancient Peruvian  'rock trowelling' bird yet - the nemesis of  the Peruvian water-bowl making bird  .... he goes around trowelling over the depressions in the rock / bird water cups  and making them flat again .

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this