Shadow_self

Video as an acceptable form of evidence

A question of evidence  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you view video as an acceptable form of evidence in terms of what is routinely classified by the general public as paranormal or supernatural?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

No, it means that the cable guy/pizza guy/pool boy all don’t actually get tipped well…😜

Ya gotta feel sorry for the pizza guy  .

Spoiler

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

Going and seeing for yourself isn't always an option. 

John is dead, Jiang is dead,  Jiang's students refuse controlled private demonstrations,  so...

They might be the only ones you've seen on video demonstrating  such thing (though funny you didn't mention Zhou, Kangqi, Valente et al). At this point in time...you should be able to find one of Jiang's students...there's one on this site teaching people.

Even then they are not the only ones who have demo'd such things....there are more...and there are others who can do other things as well.

Please see below

Do you have any idea how common siddhi type behaviour is in South East Asia?

Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, Malaysia...these are actually the places this stuff was practiced when it was pushed out of China. 

There's one to follow up...they guy that took that video is very close with Lawrence Blair....You remember Lawrence right?

It is recent, chances are the guy isn't dead

Why not go see for yourself?

• Like 1

I and others I know have spent more money than you would believe possible travelling and seeking out teachers only to be left with nothing to show for it.  

If you want to pursue that you are free to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I and others I know have spent more money than you would believe possible travelling and seeking out teachers only to be left with nothing to show for it.  

Given the amount of controversy that group has created historically...and the strong attitudes they have taken...including an often  serious lack of respect for others...I am not in the slightest bit surprised...

That's not a reflection of you personally...rather a reflection of the archives here....which I can only assume based on observation are transferable

If you dont want to go abroad...go speak to robert peng

Look, he even has a student that can demonstrate weird things....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

Okay .  And what have you learnt from this experience ?

6 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

5 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Given the amount of controversy that group has created historically...and the strong attitudes they have taken...including an often  serious lack of respect for others...I am not in the slightest bit surprised...

That's not a reflection of you personally...rather a reflection of the archives here....which I can only assume based on observation are transferable

If you dont want to go abroad...go speak to robert peng

Look, he even has a student that can demonstrate weird things....

When was that woman  the Australian Prime minister  ?????

or is it the guy on the table  ?  .....     Bob Hawke ?   Must be an old video !

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Regarding  being 'a zapper'  ( as said in video )

Sometimes at night, with light out getting into bed , I take off top, drop it on the ground and its alive with electricity running through it , you can see it in the dark, and its making a crackling sound .    Under those conditions , if I finger tip touch any one  ZAP !

But, in my case , I am assuming its a build up of static electricity . 

...... but at other times , I can give people a real shock ... just from a handshake !

Spoiler

s-l300.jpg

Of course ... nowadays ;

maxresdefault.jpg

Wich is a LOT better prank  than connecting  a 24v truck battery up to the metal urinal in the men's toilet   :o

Your inner realisation does not need any evidence. Your gain(s) stay with you for good. There isn't any need to prove anything to others as in that case you'll entirely motivated by your EGO, which is clearly seen in the behaviour of many of these modern day gurus, masters, teachers, etc. 

The "ego" is the one of the toughest hurdles to overcome on this path. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

That's one of many avenues that have already been explored.  

Given so many avenues have been explored, and you all seem to come up empty handed every time...this should tell you something important

Morever, considering there are plenty of people who have teachers, have progressed, have witnessed their abilities. You might get where this is going

I told you this months ago, and it was echoed by several posters....the onus will always be on you to prove to a teacher you are worth their time and effort...Arriving on their doorstep with measuring equipment, monetary incentives or demands to "scientifically" verify whether or not they have any extraordinary ability....that's a surefire way to get every door you approach firmly slammed in your face

But I dont need to say that, you've already said it for me...

Time, patience, effort, trust...that might get your foot over the threshold....No need to take my word for it though...testimony is we agreed, useless in terms of extraordinary claims.

However, here im only mentioning how to be respectful to people who can gain nothing at all of use from you, but you could gain a lot from them. :) 

43 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Okay .  And what have you learnt from this experience ?

What does the documentary evidence suggest?? This one isnt supernatural...so go nuts :D 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Your inner realisation does not need any evidence. Your gain(s) stay with you for good. There isn't any need to prove anything to others as in that case you'll entirely motivated by your EGO, which is clearly seen in the behaviour of many of these modern day gurus, masters, teachers, etc. 

The "ego" is the one of the toughest hurdles to overcome on this path. 

Any teacher worth their salt wouldn't feel the need to prove anything you are right.

However...there are plenty of scenarios where these things are shown not as a means of evidence, but as a means of aiding the student.

5 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Any teacher worth their salt wouldn't feel the need to prove anything you are right.

However...there are plenty of scenarios where these things are shown not as a means of evidence, but as a means of aiding the student.

Our late GM was asked to prove his power and strength to a lot of people.

One memorable story was when the #2 karateka in the country angrily demanded to meet him, as his star pupil left the dojo to pursue Xin Yi. GM David welcomed the guy, and the guy showed his kata and power, then waited for GM David to reciprocate.

Instead, he had his teenage son go and demonstrate as he left to go do some paperwork in the office.

The karateka was furious and wondered how the GM was worth his salt if he couldn't even demonstrate how good he was, and assumed that he was probably weak and brainwashing his former pupil. Alas, karate had lost a rising star and a scammer from Hong Kong got him.

It turned out that an indoor secret student was the #1 karateka, and was very close with GM David. GM David had already subdued the #1 and was keeping it a secret to protect the honor and face of the shotokan world, so there was no point doing it to the #2.

The #2 to this day proudly boasts how he sent the cowardly GM David running, while the #1 and all other students who know him struggle to bite their tongues and conceal laughter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

John is dead, Jiang is dead,  Jiang's students refuse controlled private demonstrations,  so...

Jiang’s students are more open that you think and actually give a yes or no answer about if they can fa qi or burn things with their hands. Funny how that works, it’s as if they actually learned how to do what Jiang can do, not just shove copper wire up bum or sit in a tent with a hole cut out for your arse to touch the soil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Jiang’s students are more open that you think and actually give a yes or no answer about if they can fa qi or burn things with their hands. Funny how that works, it’s as if they actually learned how to do what Jiang can do, not just shove copper wire up bum or sit in a tent with a hole cut out for your arse to touch the soil.

I'm very glad that you've had a different experience than we have.

I know that other people that I associate with have offered one of his students who posted a YouTube video demonstrating some abilities they offered him quite a substantial amount of money just to do a demonstration behind closed doors with no cameras rolling and no travel required and they were told no.

So maybe he is legit and maybe he has his reasons for refusing such a demonstration but it looks really bad to me and it looks really bad to the rest of the people that I associate with.

So best of luck with all that.

One other thing nobody that I know of who practices mopai puts wires in there orifices.

As to why we have to sit on the ground that was literally what John taught as a requirement I don't know what more to tell you on that.

Edited by Iliketurtles

18 hours ago, zerostao said:

Bingo !!

This is the type of post that pushes the envelope towards moderation. 
And I am only one mod, to be sure, yet one that tends to act a little quicker and perhaps “somewhat unpredictable”

It is fine to question everything. Being a skeptic for skeptic’s sake is fine.

State that you see no value in a particular system/style/school if you feel you need to comment along those lines.

However, with this post, and from what I’ve seen in limited readings of your posts from other threads; you have crossed a line or two or more and are in violation of the rules IMO

also IMO you are in violation of the spirit  of this forums rules. And that from my perspective is a more serious matter.

You will be sanctioned, handed restrictions, which I will post a bit later.  I need a little time to think it over, at least three minutes or so.

perhaps another mod will speak on this, perhaps not.

I will detail the issues that concern me on the subsequent post of mine.

I try and keep it friendly, so a bit of advice. And I will share that I myself have been sanctioned in the past due to a post that I made on. Mo pai thread a few years back. 
My free advice is try to avoid any knee jerk reaction. There is no need for you to try and defend your post. Stay relaxed and absorb the sanction. Learn from it. Adjust in a positive fashion after reading my next post on this. 

Pretty please could you address the constant accusations of sticking wires into our anuses I think that's probably not appropriate and as far as I'm concerned that's definitely trolling. If you guys could address that, it would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Iliketurtles
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Given so many avenues have been explored, and you all seem to come up empty handed every time...this should tell you something important

Morever, considering there are plenty of people who have teachers, have progressed, have witnessed their abilities. You might get where this is going

I told you this months ago, and it was echoed by several posters....the onus will always be on you to prove to a teacher you are worth their time and effort...Arriving on their doorstep with measuring equipment, monetary incentives or demands to "scientifically" verify whether or not they have any extraordinary ability....that's a surefire way to get every door you approach firmly slammed in your face

But I dont need to say that, you've already said it for me...

Time, patience, effort, trust...that might get your foot over the threshold....No need to take my word for it though...testimony is we agreed, useless in terms of extraordinary claims.

However, here im only mentioning how to be respectful to people who can gain nothing at all of use from you, but you could gain a lot from them. :) 

What does the documentary evidence suggest?? This one isnt supernatural...so go nuts :D 

People have different experiences and learn different lessons from them.

The lessons that I and others that I associate with have learned is there just aren't that many legitimate teachers and systems out there and that the one that we follow is very very very very very very very very very very rare.

That's just my perspective on it but hey I can be wrong I've been wrong before.

Maybe the reality of the situation is as you describe that these Masters see us coming a mile away, and pretend to be charlatans as soon as we get there to run us off that might be what is happening.

Then maybe they can go back to their normal lives and be like phew... we dodged a bullet with those creeps.

Unfortunately because of our bad round of luck investigating things of this nature we're going to stick with what we got until we find evidence of something better and we're not going to keep traveling and spending exuberant amounts of money on people who are rumored to be this and that when it turns out most of the time that they're really not.

I fully understand your argument that teachers aren't required to do anything and that students are.

You also have to understand that we aren't obligated to go invest our time money and energy into teachers who most of the time wind up being more loneman pai type nonsense.

Edited by Iliketurtles

6 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

People have different experiences and learn different lessons from them.

The lessons that I and others that I associate with have learned is there just aren't that many legitimate teachers and systems out there and that the one that we follow is very very very very very very very very very very rare.

That's just my perspective on it but hey I can be wrong I've been wrong before.

Maybe the reality of the situation is as you describe that these Masters see us coming a mile away, and pretend to be charlatans as soon as we get there to run us off that might be what is happening.

Then maybe they can go back to their normal lives and be like phew... we dodged a bullet with those creeps.

Unfortunately because of our bad round of luck investigating things of this nature we're going to stick with what we got until we find evidence of something better and we're not going to keep traveling and spending exuberant amounts of money on people who are rumored to be this and that when it turns out most of the time that they're really not.

I fully understand your argument that teachers aren't required to do anything and that students are.

You also have to understand that we aren't obligated to go invest our time money and energy into teachers who most of the time wind up being more loneman pai type nonsense.

There are actually a lot of legitimate teachers out there...Some are sitting under your nose

The group just have it in their head that : John said x therefore John is correct...anything which deviates from that is a no-go...we will not invest any time in a system until we see some extraordinary evidence of chi emission or whatever. I understand the sentiment...i just dont see it as a runner

John did whatever he did...and he gained nothing from it. He lost a lot. Go and take a look at the entitlement of people like Jim and Kostas...Jim publicly badmouthed John over and over after he was told no more...Kostas doing what he did, ended with serious ramifications for John...And he was tormented for the rest of his life by people arriving on his doorstep...prior to this, he was a peaceful healer in Indonesia...

Do you think another teacher really wants to open that Pandoras Box? Honestly

See it from the other persons perspective...You come to them, with nothing of value to offer, and expect them to show you proof of something that you can gain exponentially from, whereas they stand to lose so much. There is no balance here.

There is a reason people are tested for a long time prior to being left into a lineage in Asia...most people are just given an exercise or two...do this, dont ask questions....that's about the start of it...and if you can make it past the next series of stages...You might be in for a bit more...then more "tests" until you slowly make your way in...then you'll get what you want

I didn't mention if you don't know where these people are....you often have to know others and/or exchange large sums of money in order to even get a formal introduction to start the above process

So it isn't that these things aren't there...they are, and not as rare as one typically thinks...but how many people have the time, money and perseverance to go through that series of hula hoops?

• Like 1

Just wanted to share a video I found  seems extremely legit.

Also this one I think I saw here somewhere

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Klinsly said:

Just wanted to share a video I found  seems extremely legit.

And you think these as legitimate as why exactly?

I can see why THIS first one might intrigue some people to a degree that may warrant a further look, however these could all be faked easily changing materials between scenes that are edited, hollow weights, and so forth.

So I wouldn't be calling that legit... seeing the shockwave in the boys face @6.50 is a bit weird alright.

DangerousJaggedEft-size_restricted.gif

However even watching that...you can see he releases his hands before impact...So I'm not calling nonsense..but equally would not take that as real either

Edited by Shadow_self

3 hours ago, Klinsly said:

Ill just let Chuck Norris express how I feel when I see this level of absolute nonsense

ClearcutFlawedBeardedcollie-size_restric

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Our late GM was asked to prove his power and strength to a lot of people.

One memorable story was when the #2 karateka in the country angrily demanded to meet him, as his star pupil left the dojo to pursue Xin Yi. GM David welcomed the guy, and the guy showed his kata and power, then waited for GM David to reciprocate.

Instead, he had his teenage son go and demonstrate as he left to go do some paperwork in the office.

The karateka was furious and wondered how the GM was worth his salt if he couldn't even demonstrate how good he was, and assumed that he was probably weak and brainwashing his former pupil. Alas, karate had lost a rising star and a scammer from Hong Kong got him.

It turned out that an indoor secret student was the #1 karateka, and was very close with GM David. GM David had already subdued the #1 and was keeping it a secret to protect the honor and face of the shotokan world, so there was no point doing it to the #2.

The #2 to this day proudly boasts how he sent the cowardly GM David running, while the #1 and all other students who know him struggle to bite their tongues and conceal laughter.

Shotokan ! ?    Oh dear .     What a history I have had with THAT mob !

But I suppose we should not go too hard on them , of course that No 1 student could have been defeated - after all  Shotokan was developed as a sport  style  from  'karate' style  primary school kids physical education programme .  A very different thing from Okinawan arts that where a blend of karate ( which itself developed from Chinese Fujian  white crane and incorporated  'tegumi' , a type of native 'wrestling ' - locks, throws, take downs  etc ) and kobudo - weaponry .

Lesson 1 . Punching .... stomp up and down the hall punching and yelling  ..... no no , dont punch like that , pull your other hand into your hip and leave it down there , and when you punch, leave that hand sticking out there in the air with your arm straight and extended .

Why 'Sensai'  ?

So your guard will be down and I will be able to demonstrate  16 different ways to cream someone who punches wrong 

:) 

'Evil Shotokan Master '  ( :D )  ;  " WE shall subdue the world and bring all karate under the Shotokan / JKA umbrella !  "  ..... or you will not be 'recognised' as valid ' . 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

That is an entirely inappropriate comment !  And was unnecessary

Spoiler

because we have training  pants for that

chaps_site_600x.jpg?v=1599047244

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

There are actually a lot of legitimate teachers out there...Some are sitting under your nose

The group just have it in their head that : John said x therefore John is correct...anything which deviates from that is a no-go...we will not invest any time in a system until we see some extraordinary evidence of chi emission or whatever. I understand the sentiment...i just dont see it as a runner

John did whatever he did...and he gained nothing from it. He lost a lot. Go and take a look at the entitlement of people like Jim and Kostas...Jim publicly badmouthed John over and over after he was told no more...Kostas doing what he did, ended with serious ramifications for John...And he was tormented for the rest of his life by people arriving on his doorstep...prior to this, he was a peaceful healer in Indonesia...

Do you think another teacher really wants to open that Pandoras Box? Honestly

See it from the other persons perspective...You come to them, with nothing of value to offer, and expect them to show you proof of something that you can gain exponentially from, whereas they stand to lose so much. There is no balance here.

There is a reason people are tested for a long time prior to being left into a lineage in Asia...most people are just given an exercise or two...do this, dont ask questions....that's about the start of it...and if you can make it past the next series of stages...You might be in for a bit more...then more "tests" until you slowly make your way in...then you'll get what you want

I didn't mention if you don't know where these people are....you often have to know others and/or exchange large sums of money in order to even get a formal introduction to start the above process

So it isn't that these things aren't there...they are, and not as rare as one typically thinks...but how many people have the time, money and perseverance to go through that series of hula hoops?

I had this experience yesterday at training , we train at  a park, in town by the river , a beautiful spot  . Anyway, it gets a few visitors , and sometimes people in the nearby car park , travellers and such staying overnight .   First off I tagged this particular guy - I think I will avoid him . I could tell he was 'scanning' .  Two others turn up for training and while we are waiting , he eavesdrops on conversation and interrupts , misinterpreting what was said and asking / calling out a question to me about it . I tell him not to worry about  and he immediately has this little cranky tantrum and storms off angrily .

He is checking us out from a distance during training .  Afterwards I am walking across the bridge into town to have coffee with one of the guys who has his dog with him on lead  , the dog is   worried as the footpath is like a grate  and he doesnt like it on his paws , so he is wanting to walk on the roadway and pulling lead .  Weirdo guy is now coming the other way , makes weird assumptions about the dog and starts offering advice . Mate tells him (again )  not to worry about  it . Guy amps up again  .   So it is explained to him, as my mate decides to walk the dog across on the road . Weirdo  goes " Dont worry, I'll stop the traffic for you ."  Now he is on the roadway , flagging down cars, stopping traffic ...... ey yyi yi !

Later I return to my car , weird dude is walking around car park 11 am with a half drunk longneck in hand  ( large bottle of beer ) , now he is hunting some  women that have slept overnight in a car  ( a lot of people have been displaced on east coast here  due to recent massive flooding - houses gone ) . I pass one, sitting on her folded out tailgate , she smiles pleasantly , I smile back . Weirdo is heading in her direction , but comes up to me and asks  me how much I charge for lessons  ! I say I dont charge for lessons .  He says , that he will do' energy  exchange'  ...  " I can do some gardening for  you . "

YOIKS !   I dont even want this guy to know where I live, let alone come around and put some of his  'energy' into   my garden !

I did my usual ;   " We are here each Saturday , turn up next week if you want a lesson ."    99% of the time they cant get that together .

Then as I leave , I see he has sat himself on the tailgate  of the woman's car , beer in hand ranting at her , as I past I look at here, she nods , but rolls here eyes  in a " not ANOTHER one ! '  signal .

And he wants me to give him lessons in what I do  ? ? ? 

If he does turn up  :  Lesson 1  -   sober up .... should only take you about 3 months ....   come back after that for lesson 2  .  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

And you think these as legitimate as why exactly?

I can see why THIS first one might intrigue some people to a degree that may warrant a further look, however these could all be faked easily changing materials between scenes that are edited, hollow weights, and so forth.

So I wouldn't be calling that legit... seeing the shockwave in the boys face @6.50 is a bit weird alright.

DangerousJaggedEft-size_restricted.gif

However even watching that...you can see he releases his hands before impact...So I'm not calling nonsense..but equally would not take that as real either

Stone breaking is an 'art' , first you need the right stone (and they can be brittle ) , just as you hit it, your other hand that is holding it , lifts the stone slightly  so it is actually the impact of the stone on the surface as it comes back down from the hit  that breaks it .

Its an old 'tameshiwara' trick  :)  .... there is a whole range of them .  The longer and thinner a stone slab is , the easier it will be to break .  Slabs of ice are a good one  - I have seen a huge collection of them set up, each about an inch above the other , unfortunately some began to break under their own weight while awaiting the strike :D

Thats , one thing , now lets get to the above gif ;  what a bastard !   These kids get  continually pummelled from early age . They develop  health problems and defects . I saw one, who was older then , do a demo, people cheered, he liked that, then he was interviewed about how it was possible , he started  looking sad and told his story, it was horrible ; he  started as a little kid  by having to constantly  ram his head into a wall - all sorts  or 'tortures' where done to him  , some of these things are actually tortures ; like being under the board with pressing weights , although in that case it could very easily be faked .   The scary thing is , it may not be faked !     Anyway, this guy went on to explain what he had to endure all through his childhood , he never had a real childhood , just got trained to be some sort of circus gimp .  He admitted he had  developed  terrible headaches ,  back problems, neck issues .... well, I wasnt surprised , they stuck his head between two concrete slabs and broke both with a blow from a sledgehammer  ... in slow mo , you  could see his head squish and flatten a bit at the blow and then 'bounce back '  .

You can see this as a demonstration of chi if you want  .... but I am seeing  a very different story here .

• Wow 1

47 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Shotokan ! ?    Oh dear .     What a history I have had with THAT mob !

But I suppose we should not go too hard on them , of course that No 1 student could have been defeated - after all  Shotokan was developed as a sport  style  from  'karate' style  primary school kids physical education programme .  A very different thing from Okinawan arts that where a blend of karate ( which itself developed from Chinese Fujian  white crane and incorporated  'tegumi' , a type of native 'wrestling ' - locks, throws, take downs  etc ) and kobudo - weaponry .

Lesson 1 . Punching .... stomp up and down the hall punching and yelling  ..... no no , dont punch like that , pull your other hand into your hip and leave it down there , and when you punch, leave that hand sticking out there in the air with your arm straight and extended .

Why 'Sensai'  ?

So your guard will be down and I will be able to demonstrate  16 different ways to cream someone who punches wrong 

:) 

'Evil Shotokan Master '  ( :D )  ;  " WE shall subdue the world and bring all karate under the Shotokan / JKA umbrella !  "  ..... or you will not be 'recognised' as valid ' . 

One guy in another system, Kyoukushin, attempted to fight and all the bouncing and dancing they posit as footwork only led to them being demolished because it was fighting, not ballroom or hip hop at the club.

Friendly spar begins, the guy lays down the rules of where it’s okay to hit and if kicks are allowed…and then goes into a frenzy and ignores the rules while also hitting hard enough to leave major bruises. Finally, my teacher said to stop playing by his rules because he’s not even following them and just to go empty instead. 

He ends up with a jab to the teeth, palm to the throat, and knuckle to his solar plexus because he left himself open and didn’t understand why we would hit his biceps until they went dead on him… and we didn’t even know how we hit him, we just emptied and let the fight instincts kick in.

Finally, returning for one more bout, timer goes off, he tries to bounce around again for ten seconds to intimidate as he had in earlier rounds. Not a second had passed before he was thrown to the wall because fighting or friendly spar, dancing isn’t going to control or harm the opponent.

And yes: we did document a lot of this on video. But it was better to have personal testimony so he could explain how people half his size hit harder than they appear to hit on video. 😁

• Like 2