Sign in to follow this  
looschmaster

Electric feeling during meditation

When I meditate, I get this hard-to-describe feeling in the back of my head/neck/spine. It is the same feeling I get when I listen to some really good music, I see a really beautiful sight, or I read a heart-moving story. It is a physical sensation, and it feels like a slow-moving energetic presence rolling through my body. Typically, it starts at the back of my head and moves gradually down my neck/back. It reminds me of electricity (though I'm not exactly sure why), and it feels good. Sometimes when the feeling is strong I am moved to tears. As it travels through my head it is often accompanied by a rushing sensation in my ears. I am somewhat able to control the feeling in that I can summon it with certain breathing patterns and visualization exercises, but my control of it is inconsistent and oftentimes the energy comes through spontaneously.

What is this feeling? Is it Kundalini or Tummo or something like that? How can I improve my understanding of it, and my skill at manipulating it?

Many thanks to any responses.

It is your chi moving around your body. You should focus your mind on your lower abdomen and accumulate the chi there. Do not visualise or imagine it going there, just focus on that point. 

Rudi's teaching will help you: https://authenticneigong.com/

You can read what many members have to say about it here:

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 1

這是氣感。

請不要將氣感集中在小腹部。

道法自然。

請你繼續這樣練就好。

過一陣子之後,氣感會自己轉型成光感。

光感會轉型成恍惚。

恍惚會轉型成陽生。

這樣才是道家陰陽反覆的真諦。

記住,千萬不要把氣感集中在小腹。

否則你會阻擋道的演化。

This is Qi.

Please don't concentrate the qi in the lower abdomen.

Taoism is natural.

Please keep practicing like the way you are.

After a few days or months, the sense of Qi will transform into the sense of light on its own.

The light perception will transform into a trance.

Trance will transform into Yangsheng.

This is the true meaning of Taoism's yin and yang repetition.

Remember, don't focus on the qi in the lower abdomen.

Otherwise you will block the evolution of the Tao.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 4:22 AM, looschmaster said:

I am somewhat able to control the feeling in that I can summon it with certain breathing patterns and visualization exercises, but my control of it is inconsistent and oftentimes the energy comes through spontaneously..

Also don’t try to control it, all you need to do is focus on the lower abdomen below the belly button. This area is called the lower dantien and is where you should store and accumulate chi so you can use it later for other things once you have enough of it. 

累積精氣不是道,而是搬運法

Accumulating essence is not the Dao, but the method of transportation

6 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

These diagrams might help explain what I'm talking about @looschmaster

Master-So-Dan-Tien-Breathing-diaphragm-W.jpeg

breathing-process-w.jpeg

breathing-process-bw.jpeg

Thanks for the diagram. As one does this breathing exercise, should they be mentally focusing on the lower abdomen the whole time?

Sign in to follow this