Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Solar power in ancient Egypt

Except that looks nothing like a light bulb   :D   Maybe you meant arc lamp' or 'cathode ray tube '  ?   :)

Looks more like a boat, with a lotus prow with a Horus serpent in the womb of ' Nuit' coming out of it , whose head and neck are supported by  a 'djed'  'passenger' in the boat .

But if that image did not CROP OFF THE EXPLANATORY TEXT included    .....  :D      we might know what it represents . Typical 'trick' these 'new age / alternative  researchers'  use to fool the gullible ignorants .

A more honest view ;

220px-Denderah._Grand_temple._Crypte_no.

Speaking the words of harsomtus, the great God, who dwells in Dendera, who emerges out of the lotus flower as a living Ba, whos completeness is elevated by the Kematju-images of his Ka, whos Seschemu-image is revered by the crew of the day-barge, whos body is carried by the djed-pillar, underneath his Seschemu-image is the Primal and whos majesty is carried by the companions of his Ka."

( Thats just the south wall , however if we remove the secret block and go beyond into the next chamber it reads :

"Speaking to the words of the God of the great light bulb , he who allows night navigation on the Nile , powered by 6 arrays of batteries from Bagdad under the deck, whose power and might is replenished by the sails of the boat that capture the light of Ra ."

- yeah , stone sails, with little 'wires' of copper though them   :)  )

- on breaching the secret chamber :

Apech ;  " Can you see anything  in there Nungers ? "

Nungali ;  "   ......     Yes ! Wonderful things !

Tutankhamun-excavation.jpg

Spoiler

main-qimg-902cea8818285b744fa10cdb812e36

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Goa'uld must have had something to do with advancements in Egyptian technology...even though they were nasty symbionts!

images.jpg.bf58365da7a8146a8e3fb425537b5fae.jpg

• Haha 1

What ?  What sort if a comment is that ?    Typical Daobums !  One would have thought any reasonable inquiring mind would want to know instead ;

Who emerges out of the lotus as an (already)  living  ba  ?  And what would that signify ? and  how do you get your " completeness elevated '  and how does the Kematju-images of his Ka  help in this process , and what is a Kenatju image ?  - that seems important to know if it cold help this process .  and in concert with that, what is a Seschemu-image ? What do they see as 'the primal' and how do I get companions to help carry my Ka ?

Anyway , to answer your question ;

Its actually a really horrible story , they went from this

300px-Threestooges.jpg

and by the influence of the modern world, turned into something really horrible and pathetic ,

something that , even I , would  not watch ...

so goes the way of the modern world   :(

! WARNING  : A SOMETHING REALLY HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC WARNING  :  WARNING !

NO, SERIOUSLY  .... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Apech said:

Papyrus of Khonshu-mes 21st Dyn.  Thebes, Vienna.

http://globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=4574

What would they know !  Its Obviously a high tension tower with insulators to carry the electrical wires  from the solar panels to the arc lamps inside buildings .

Have you ever heard of ' Cladking '  ?

No, its not a company that clads your house  - its an infamous poster on several forums and some that he got banned from )  , mostly where he can slip in 'inside info'  about Egyptology  ( based on his interpretation of hieroglyphs  ... or I should say 'hydroglyphs '  :)   - his main theory that the Great Pyramid was built by water power using a cold water geyser  at its base .....  You should hear his interpretation of 'djed' and its additives   depositphotos_124792442-stock-illustrati

and he went on to show how the pyramid and coffin texts explain every part of the process.   ;)

Oh yes ...... and by the way , he is quite  stark raving mad  .

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

What would they know !  Its Obviously a high tension tower with insulators to carry the electrical wires  from the solar panels to the arc lamps inside buildings .

Have you ever heard of ' Cladking '  ?

No, its not a company that clads your house  - its an infamous poster on several forums and some that he got banned from )  , mostly where he can slip in 'inside info'  about Egyptology  ( based on his interpretation of hieroglyphs  ... or I should say 'hydroglyphs '  :)   - his main theory that the Great Pyramid was built by water power using a cold water geyser  at its base .....  You should hear his interpretation of 'djed' and its additives   depositphotos_124792442-stock-illustrati

and he went on to show how the pyramid and coffin texts explain every part of the process.   ;)

Oh yes ...... and by the way , he is quite  stark raving mad  .

the djed pillar is an interesting symbol - but I feel I would bore everybody by talking at length about it.  I've been studying the papyrus of Khonsu-mes for a while now - and its a nice representation of the basic cycle of the BoD - I understand nearly all of it apart from a couple of obscure symbols here and there.  And it is indeed odd that in the midst of their religious literature they should place an electricity pylon - though of course they were heavily into solar power :)

On 12/04/2022 at 9:16 PM, Apech said:

the djed pillar is an interesting symbol - but I feel I would bore everybody by talking at length about it.  I've been studying the papyrus of Khonsu-mes for a while now - and its a nice representation of the basic cycle of the BoD - I understand nearly all of it apart from a couple of obscure symbols here and there.  And it is indeed odd that in the midst of their religious literature they should place an electricity pylon - though of course they were heavily into solar power :)

I missed this reply .

Ohh ... please DO 'bore' me about that .  

I was wondering if SOME symbolism of djed goes back to  ;

mudhif1.jpg

( you can even bend them over so ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlcJyjhg_EglmCgqLiad6

which used to be common in many 'delta cultures'.

I have not studied Egyptian mythology but as I recall the Djed pillar is the only graphical representation with both eyes looking at the viewer.

There are of course many such statues but I do not recall another carving or painting showing both eyes.

What does it mean?

On 15/04/2022 at 1:11 PM, Lairg said:

I have not studied Egyptian mythology but as I recall the Djed pillar is the only graphical representation with both eyes looking at the viewer.

There are of course many such statues but I do not recall another carving or painting showing both eyes.

What does it mean?

image.png.9c65163b3e410e4e1e3416db35fdca85.png

"Feast for Nebamun"

main-qimg-b66195dfb43bd66088583e3be5577c

Edited by Nungali

On 4/15/2022 at 4:11 AM, Lairg said:

What does it mean?

i think you may be thinking of Hathor or Bat (a related goddess).

Hathor means Hwt-hr which is the Temple of Horus - or more strictly the temple enclosure of Horus.  She is also known as the eye of Horus and relates to a very ancient form of Egyptian Religion (possibly the original form) where Horus was the sky and the sun and moon his two eyes.

The Djed pillar on the other hand is related to Osiris and means 'stability' ... it is related to his spine and the uprightness with his 'resurrection' - the four cross pieces are four vertibrae which relate in turn to the Four Sons of Horus which were precursors to the Four Elements of the western tradition.  That they are brought together and unified is rather like the philosophers stone in alchemy - a perfect balance of the four in one.  The thing on top of the djed which is an oval with a snake inside is the foetus of the sun god which is cucooned  at this stage (often shown but not here  in the coiled body of the serpent Mehen).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lairg said:

So none with the Djed.

:huh:

I was responding to your     "  as I recall the Djed pillar is the only graphical representation with both eyes looking at the viewer. "

I am not sure what you mean by  'so none with the Djed '.  I am not familiar with a djed image with two eyes *  ... but I thought you where, so I had no reason to include one  .... even if I could locate one .

*  Not surprised though ,  combining symbols , sometimes in strange and unusual combinations ( to us ) is very common with them .

1200px-Khepri.svg.png

Hold still !   There is a HUGE beetle on your cheek !

357933539.jpg

Sign in to follow this