Sign in to follow this  
almaxy

Horse Stance and qi deviations

Ok so, this is a quick question, some of you know I messed up and had some problems trying to do qigong on my own, now I'm doing more physical exercises and I stumbled upon horse stance, I want to know if someone who had psychological problems and probably a qi deviation can do horse stance, is it considered just a physical/resistance exercise or there is more to it? Can I practice it daily or not?

Thanks in advance my qi friends:D

Don’t try to teach yourself Zhan Zhuang in any manner without someone to guide you, even on video calls at least. You will end up with knee and spinal injuries even if what you think you are doing is correct. I spend most of my time correcting people who taught themselves even from Lam Kam Chuen and they ended up revealing that they had irritated existing injuries.

And no—I am not taking students in at the moment because my Internet connection is bad in my current location and I do charge a premium for tuition to filter out who is serious and who is a hobbyist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, almaxy said:

Ok so, this is a quick question, some of you know I messed up and had some problems trying to do qigong on my own, now I'm doing more physical exercises and I stumbled upon horse stance, I want to know if someone who had psychological problems and probably a qi deviation can do horse stance, is it considered just a physical/resistance exercise or there is more to it? Can I practice it daily or not?

Thanks in advance my qi friends:D

Kung fu type horse stance, in my opinion is fine and shouldn’t be problematic as long as you keep it as a form of exercise (no fancy breathing or energetics).

Kung fu exercises - stretching, strengthening, loosening type workouts are all good.

Pilates type stuff is great too (core work).

What I see called ‘animal flows or ‘animal crawls’ (similar to some Kung fu methods) are all good too.

The strength, flexibility and mobility you develop will all help when you eventually get back into internal practice.

You're a young man right? Get fit and strong now while it’s easy. Lots of benefits - and definitely helpful for internal work if that’s your main interest. 

• Thanks 1

蹲馬步跟練氣功沒啥關係,我20歲的時候就蹲了一年,跟練氣一點關係都沒有,那就是一個單純的深蹲體育運動而已。

而且練氣也不是丹道。

你沒搞砸,你就是被搬運法洗腦了。

很遺憾你走上搬運法的不歸路。

Horse squatting has nothing to do with qigong practice. I squatted for a year when I was 20 years old, and it had nothing to do with qi training at all. It was just a simple squatting sport.

And practicing Qi is not Dan Dao.

You didn't screw it up, you were brainwashed by the removal method.

It's a pity that you went down the road of no return to the transport method.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

And no—I am not taking students in at the moment because my Internet connection is bad in my current location and I do charge a premium for tuition to filter out who is serious and who is a hobbyist.

Do you still have lingering problems after covid?  I want to know if someone trained like you fare better than average people.   Btw what do you train during and immediately after recovery?   Your standing stances would have been too hectic?

用金錢是無法過濾出職業和業餘的修煉者的,用日記才是比較能過濾出來。

Professional and amateur practitioners cannot be filtered out with money, but it can be filtered out with a diary.

當你把你的時間看得比金錢重要的時候,你就不會想要用金錢去過濾人。

When you value your time over money, you don't want to use money to filter people.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

Do you still have lingering problems after covid?  I want to know if someone trained like you fare better than average people.   Btw what do you train during and immediately after recovery?   Your standing stances would have been too hectic?

I did just fine. No long Covid-19 and have methods that made it heal better.

• Like 4

sometimes, I miss @Protector  aka sinfest for a variety of reasons; always had a positive outlook, the constant references to "my little pony" cartoons, lived up around Yellow Knife I think?! prolific poster during his time here.

anyways, sinfest's only practice that I am aware of was horse stance, if anyone had the answers concerning horse stance, I'd bet it is him. I was certain that he had a ppd which would have been a tremendous resource for horse stance. 

sigh, I looked and couldn't find it. 

brony protector --- such a delightful bum

Sunny Starscout | My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Wiki | Fandom

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

More passive-aggressive behavior from someone who had the audacity to publicly announce that she put me on her ignore list and then unsubtly alludes to my above comment to OP—you really can’t control yourself, can you? 

Hi friend, you don't care to edit this do you? We will not be returning to "wild west" anytime soon.

If you're having difficulties with a particular member, it could prove wiser to use the ignore function that you mention rather to get entangled into something with possible unforseen outcome. 

Geesh, I hope my next post is not in Blue.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

Hi friend, you don't care to edit this do you? We will not be returning to "wild west" anytime soon.

If you're having difficulties with a particular member, it could prove wiser to use the ignore function that you mention rather to get entangled into something with possible unforseen outcome. 

Hi. I reported her post that was targeting me in case you didn’t see (I think you did).

Can you tell me what’s wrong with the post I made so that I may proceed to edit appropriately then?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Hi. I reported her post that was targeting me in case you didn’t see (I think you did).

Yes, it is what brought me to the thread. No worries I will do you the courtesy to hide your post.

• Like 1

@almaxy why do your threads always end in drama 😂😂😂

But seriously, if you haven’t found a teacher, join Rudi’s classes. He’s having a seminar next week at a very discounted price, check it out here: https://authenticneigong.com/

No more excuses, I and many others paid 3 times the price that he’s offering for the next seminar. Take this opportunity to learn properly and fix yourself, it might not come this cheap ever again. 

Until then, do not do ANY exercises. Just chill for a week until the seminar. I hope to see you in one of the group meetings in the future. 

If you want to see more reviews of his classes, check out this thread:

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 3

@almaxy alternatively, if you don’t have the funds or time to commit to Rudi’s classes, or just want to learn a powerful healing qigong on your own for the time being, do Flying Phoenix Chi Kung by Sifu Terry. Just start learning from the first dvd if you want similar stances to horse stance. Flying Phoenix is incredibly healing, I and many others can personally vouch for it, and it is also very easy to learn and cheap (you only have to buy one dvd to start with, then buy the next ones when you want to progress further). Sifu Terry is also very responsive when you email him with any questions and will be happy to help you out.

Here is a preview of some of the exercises on Volume 1:

Check out the thread here for info:

You can find more info and buy the dvds (or digital files) from the website here: 

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

@almaxy why do your threads always end in drama 😂😂😂

But seriously, if you haven’t found a teacher, join Rudi’s classes. He’s having a seminar next week at a very discounted price, check it out here: https://authenticneigong.com/

No more excuses, I and many others paid 3 times the price that he’s offering for the next seminar. Take this opportunity to learn properly and fix yourself, it might not come this cheap ever again. 

Until then, do not do ANY exercises. Just chill for a week until the seminar. I hope to see you in one of the group meetings in the future. 

If you want to see more reviews of his classes, check out this thread:

Some of the experiences similar to Damo mItchell's method which I tried...  and which is free...
This neikong is similar to Damo's?

17 hours ago, zerostao said:

你真是非常有智慧的人。而且不容易陷入二元對立。這裡有你真好。

You are a very wise man. And you don't easily fall into binary opposition. It's nice to have you here.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this