awaken

If you want to learn Wu Wei Dan Dao, you can ask me questions here.

13 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

I'm just a regular person, I don't use the forum much, I occasionally browse and I'm only here really for the contributions of a few select members. I believe this 'small group of people' are frankly a bit tired of the way you act. Regardless as to whether it is through translation or not, you can be incredibly hostile and really quite unpleasant. I don't enjoy reading what you write, maybe that's because of the translation, or maybe your vibe is really off.

You seem pretty obsessed with the forum, everything is always super serious. Relax, take a chill pill. Have a laugh. The world won't end if you don't get your message out - at least I'm pretty sure it won't :D 

You either have smelly polluted qi or are part of the secret transfer method cabal. Both of which will get you added to her ignore list.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

You either have smelly polluted qi or are part of the secret transfer method cabal. Both of which will get you added to her ignore list.

Lol, that did make me laugh.  But actually there are further categories. 

On 26/06/2022 at 4:16 AM, awaken said:

… 高 … 深 … highest … deepest …

To reach the ‘middle way’, some need to ascent, some need to descend. :)

Edited by Cobie

15 hours ago, awaken said:

… 如何才能和諧地發表自己的想法 …

This I see as the conundrum of the mystic, it’s not easy to maintain openness & harmony and at the same time to be completely in line with one's own mind. 

Edited by Cobie

9 hours ago, Cobie said:

Lol, that did make me laugh.  But actually there are further categories. 

It doesn't bother you? 

If the answer's yes, its a fascinating revelation. 

If its a no, its even more fascinating. 

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Not at all. :)

How utterly amazeiiing 

• Haha 1

Hi @awaken thanks for writing/translating these. Will come back to this as reference if and when i go back to serious meditation practice and as a bonus I would probably learn Chinese in the process. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Is what you're based on The Secret of the Golden Flower? Or from multiple sources plus your own experience.

2. What does it mean when it is said "hide the LDT (lower dantian) from shen from the ming men direction"?

3. If there has been occasional strong heat in the ming men area should I be worried? Have read variously that it is related to trauma release, yet another source mentions it is yin deficiency (especially with cold hands and feet), etc. 

Thanks if you would consider answering the above. Otherwise not to worry I'm in a good condition with stable life and lifelihood.

• Like 1

And to the detractors, while this is a fairly free-speech forum, I do think you guys should reflect on your motivations of doing so. OP here is offering knowledge that's been collected over decades of her life, for free. If you don't think it is worth it, or can't see the value of it, move on. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, statusquovadis said:

And to the detractors, while this is a fairly free-speech forum, I do think you guys should reflect on your motivations of doing so. OP here is offering knowledge that's been collected over decades of her life, for free. If you don't think it is worth it, or can't see the value of it, move on. 

If you are so confident in her teachings and knowledge, why don’t you become her student? If you do please keep us updated and maybe prove us all wrong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

If you are so confident in her teachings and knowledge, why don’t you become her student? If you do please keep us updated and maybe prove us all wrong 

Might do that, when the time is right. I'm kind of a collector of meditation techniques, and thanks to this topic started reading Wu Zhen Pian (Pregadio's translation).

Why, are you not confident? Only confident of your own teaching, or your teacher's? 

53 minutes ago, statusquovadis said:

a collector of meditation techniques

What motivates your hobby? Are you still trying to discover what type of practice actually interests you?

Edited by senseless virtue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, statusquovadis said:

Why, are you not confident? Only confident of your own teaching, or your teacher's? 

No I am not confident based on her behaviour and my and other’s interaction with her. I’m confident in many other techniques, lineages and teachers apart from my own and encourage everyone to follow their own path safely. However I cannot recommend Awaken to any newcomers here.

But by all means I’m willing to be proven wrong if anyone wants to take the risk and learn from her.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, senseless virtue said:

What motivates your hobby? Are you still trying to discover what type of practice actually interests you?

Been practicing extensively across the sea, predominantly Buddhist meditation stuff. I'm curious about the Taoism side. Good question about what motivates me. No longer seeking for myself, but perhaps understanding of different types of meditation can help others. From a non-dogmatic, pragmatic perspective it is also interesting to see what works, what doesn't, and why.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, senseless virtue said:

@statusquovadis

Here is one, please enjoy.

Sorry, don't understand the reference. Is this OP, awaken? 

Edit: after watching the video, a more humorous take would be: If that's really awaken (who's probably 50-60 years old) that would be the greatest advertisement ever for her meditation methods! 😄

Edited by statusquovadis
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

No I am not confident based on her behaviour and my and other’s interaction with her. I’m confident in many other techniques, lineages and teachers apart from my own and encourage everyone to follow their own path safely. However I cannot recommend Awaken to any newcomers here.

But by all means I’m willing to be proven wrong if anyone wants to take the risk and learn from her.

I haven't been around here much, mind stating factually and briefly what caused this kind of doubt? In this thread I only saw someone mentioning it was the manner, reminding them of a school teacher or something. Then there were remarks about cults. But looking at the content (not the delivery, which I'm taking the benefit of doubt and attribute to cultural and language difference) of what's been shared here it still seems fairly legit to me. 

5 minutes ago, statusquovadis said:

I haven't been around here much, mind stating factually and briefly what caused this kind of doubt? In this thread I only saw someone mentioning it was the manner, reminding them of a school teacher or something. Then there were remarks about cults. But looking at the content (not the delivery, which I'm taking the benefit of doubt and attribute to cultural and language difference) of what's been shared here it still seems fairly legit to me. 

In terms of content of the practice she teaches it seems to me that she completely bases everything on the sensations that you experience during meditation, which to me is a red flag. My teachers and others say that you should ignore sensations that occur because they often change (and might be different for each person) and also that they are not a sign of progress or an achievement, just something that happens along the way. 

In terms of her manners and delivery there is no excuse, many members of this site are from her country and they aren’t unnecessarily rude to others. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

In terms of content of the practice she teaches it seems to me that she completely bases everything on the sensations that you experience during meditation, which to me is a red flag. My teachers and others say that you should ignore sensations that occur because they often change (and might be different for each person) and also that they are not a sign of progress or an achievement, just something that happens along the way. 

In terms of her manners and delivery there is no excuse, many members of this site are from her country and they aren’t unnecessarily rude to others. 

Thank you for your reply. I may not necessarily agree with your view (about  taking sensations as practice marker/ map), but thank you for replying in good faith. I understand now that you're concerned about newcomers being misled. 

• Like 2

Welcome @statusquovadis!

Seems OP is taking a rest. In the meantime I recall something relevant to your first question regarding the Secret of the Golden Flower book (太乙金華 Taiyi Jinhua)

It is mentioned in the following post and subsequently on the same page.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/53618-the-reason-why-a-person-who-only-has-qi-in-his-lower-abdomen-cant-understand the-huang-tingjing/?do=findComment&comment=982086

I had also thought there were similarities. However that book is considered too diluted and mixed with other practices, falsely attributed to Lu Dongbin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2022/6/29 at 12:00 PM, statusquovadis said:

Hi @awaken thanks for writing/translating these. Will come back to this as reference if and when i go back to serious meditation practice and as a bonus I would probably learn Chinese in the process. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Is what you're based on The Secret of the Golden Flower? Or from multiple sources plus your own experience.

2. What does it mean when it is said "hide the LDT (lower dantian) from shen from the ming men direction"?

3. If there has been occasional strong heat in the ming men area should I be worried? Have read variously that it is related to trauma release, yet another source mentions it is yin deficiency (especially with cold hands and feet), etc. 

Thanks if you would consider answering the above. Otherwise not to worry I'm in a good condition with stable life and lifelihood.

1. from multiple sources plus your own experience

2. can't understand the English, speak more to let me understand

3. 命門發熱只是消除陰氣的過程之一,並非常態性的存在

Heat in min-man is only one of the processes of eliminating yin, and it does not exist abnormally

煉丹道的重點在於水火轉成金木,也就是烏肝兔髓,水火產生的氣感,只是暫時的,請不要在此停留太久

感謝你對我的言論的支持,因為我在此遭遇到各種集體霸凌,所以很多人勸我把那些人列入忽略名單,但是因為我把那些人列入忽略名單,又說我不願意跟對方討論反駁,所以這種莫名其妙的管理員,真的是欲加之罪何患無詞

因此我目前開始著手寫第二本書,把時間省下來給第二本書,悟真篇,這本書寫完之後,我還會繼續寫第三本參同契,但是我只有中文書,沒有英文版,各位可以直接問我,或者用kindle翻譯成英文閱讀

The key point of alchemy is to turn water and fire into golden and wood, which is black liver and rabbit marrow. The qi sensation produced by water and fire is only temporary, please don't stay here for too long.

Thank you for your support for my remarks, because I have encountered all kinds of collective bullying here, so many people persuade me to put those people on the ignore list, but because I put those people on the ignore list, they said I don't want to talk to The other party discussed and refuted, so this kind of inexplicable administrator really wants to add guilt.

Therefore, I am currently starting to write the second book, saving time for the second book, WuzhenPian. After this book is published, I will continue to write the third book, but I only have the Chinese book, not the English version. , you can ask me directly, or use kindle to translate it into English to read

太乙金華宗旨的錯誤,恐怕也要寫很多文字才說得清楚,這種關於各家各派的問題,等我寫完經典系列,我也會把這些有問題的經典,拿來寫成一本書,讓大家知道問題出在哪裡。

I am afraid I have to write a lot of words to make it clear that the purpose of Taiyi Jinhua is wrong. When I finish writing the classic series, I will write these problematic classics into a book. , let everyone know where the problem is.

我也想通了,與其在這邊被那些搬運法練習者霸凌,不如把力氣用在出書,我現在悟真篇註解已經寫了七萬字了,大概寫了三分之二,希望今年年底以前能夠出版,到時候會在這裡跟大家分享我的第二本書。

I also figured it out. Instead of being bullied by those practitioners here, it is better to devote my energy to publishing a book. Now I have written 70,000 words for the annotations of WuzhenPian, about two-thirds. I hope It will be published before the end of this year, and then I will share my second book with you here.