old3bob

man made stuff

Maddox doing his propane thing again.  This time on a skateboard.

How he avoids speed wobble on those small bearings is beyond me.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Haha 1

Look Ma, no helmet or gloves but good boots...

(or glasses to keep the grasshoppers out of his eyes, but I'd add that at his age he can do what the hell he wants as long as there are no risks to anybody else)

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 1

man made accidents in India:

"28 January, 2022In 2021, the Indian manufacturing industry was beset with accidents, with an average of seven accidents reported per month, killing over 162 workers and leaving others disabled for life or badly injured. A number of accidents in the first few weeks of the new year shows that this trend is likely to continue.

On 1 January 2022, four workers were killed in an explosion at a fireworks factory in Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu. The explosion led to the collapse of the building and left several workers critically injured. In a similar incident on 5 January, a blast at another firecracker manufacturing unit in Virudhanagar killed three workers.

On 6 January, six workers were killed and 29 other employees of Vishwaprem Mill - a textile dyeing and printing factory - had to be hospitalised after inhaling toxic gas from the Sachin creek in Surat district. The Gujarat Pollution Control Board confirmed that sodium hydrosulphide and sodium thiosulphate were illegally discharged into the natural creek. While the National Green Tribunal has taken up the matter, action from local authorities remains lax.

There was another a chemical leak in Mangalore on 11 January. Twenty employees of a fish processing unit were admitted to a private hospital in Mukka, following a leakage of ammonia. Indian affiliates of IndustriALL Global Union also report accidents in the Northern Coalfield Limited (NCL) mining area: on 10 January a diesel tanker caught fire in Amlorhi Project area in NCL, and on 12 January, a contract worker was killed while cleaning a bunker.

Accidents are a constant feature of working life. On 23 January, one worker was killed and four others were severely injured in Megafine Pharma Company site in Lakhmapur-Nashik due to a reactor fire.

In the last five years, the government has relaxed inspections and licensing to allow self-certification and has exempted some companies from reporting on health and safety to ease business and support small enterprise. Low investment in health and safety, old and decrepit machinery and a lack of training for operating machinery adds to the danger to workers. Industrial accidents sky rocketed once factories resumed work after the three-month long COVID-19 lockdown.

In India, the availability of health and safety inspectors is low in comparison to the density of factories. The effective implementation of health and safety standards has long been a demand of unions and workers.

Sanjay Vadhavkar, executive committee member of IndustriALL said,

“In April, 2021, the Ministry of Labour and Employment set up three expert panels to investigate the causes of the rising accidents and review the existing policies and practices on safety, health and working conditions. However, the concerns and recommendations of trade unions and workers were not addressed. We demand that the central and the state governments disclose all the relevant information on accidents, make the investigation reports public, and fix responsibility on either employers or concerned government authorities.”

G. Sanjeeva Reddy, president of the Indian National Metal Workers’ Federation
(INMF-INTUC) and executive committee member of IndustriALL said,

“We are saddened and outraged by these accidents and this clearly shows serious lapses in the safety measures. We demand a high-level judiciary inquiry looking into these frequent accidents, a strict inspection of factories and mines in coordination with workers' representatives, health and safety laws must be strengthened and implemented in true spirit and a complete abolition of contract system.”

Kemal Özkan, IndustriALL assistant general secretary, said,

“Such frequent industrial accidents in India is a matter of serious concern and clearly shows the dilution of safety regulations and non-compliance with safety rules. IndustriALL calls on the Indian governement to urgently review the existing safety laws and rules in the country and develop an integrated action plan with the help of the trade unions, to ensure that workplaces are safe and fire-proof, and not a death trap.”

One can find many videos of Indian metal workers of various types (and in many other countries) who don't have safety boots (& going bear-foot or wearing open sandals), and also no safety glasses, ear muffs, gloves, protective clothing,  respirators, dead man switches for equipment, etc., etc. in their work places!!

Edited by old3bob

230 mph +,  that's what one could call a, "need for speed" !

download.jpg.a2e37a091a78e2ca6de56ac22b7fecdf.jpg

Edited by old3bob

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

at least no one be putting a stick in your spokes .

true, and where are the brakes?

• Confused 1

his new and improved model :D  He should be in the next Mad Max movie...

Edited by old3bob

On 21/09/2022 at 9:57 AM, old3bob said:

true, and where are the brakes?

That must be an interesting answer .

I assume that ... his riding position is so low ... he uses his feet .

On 21/09/2022 at 10:04 AM, old3bob said:

Its  ( next Mad Max ... I lost track of which number it  is now ) gonna be full of these !

Reduced_BMW_R18_B_003-003_1585934163-e16

BMW R18 1800

Look at the donk on that !

Thats  a 900cc single pot either side  .... oh yeah !   BMW are throwing them at 'em.  Even sending more than they said they need !  BMW realises the spin off they are gonna get after the movie is released .

Not that  most will recognise them ....  what those guys  do to them !   Well, you can imagine ... if you have seen a Mad Max film before !  :D   

The pre-release private shots are insane   (and illegal ,  they only get passed around to insiders ....  so they cant be shown here ... everyone get in big trubs off mega movie lawyers - including Daobums - if they get posted  .... however I might be able to find something else amusing  *  ... okay if it is copied from a valid internet - already published / approved  - source. )    those guys be having a lot of fun modifying them and  then trying them out . 

* ... nah, as i thought , the studio isnt allowing any released pics .  But I did see this one that the guys previously sent me  ( old 'work mates' )   , I thought it might be an underground ** ... but it isnt , its on youtube

so okay to post here

( naughty camera crews sometimes make their own films of stuff for a laugh and hand them around 'inside' ... some are actual of things going wrong , bloopers,  idiots going off / tantrums , etc   others are spoofs and

shit stirring  ... especially on an Aussie crew . )

Enjoy your first exclusive preview of new Mad Max film .... right here on Daobums !

( We do apologise ... what with Covid , Ukraine War , a shortage of fuel gas and petrol , some minor 'tweaks' have had to be made to the originally planned 'vehicle sequences '  ) 

enjoy !  :

( Dont miss the scene from 1:40  on  !  )

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2022 at 10:04 AM, old3bob said:

and might I suggest a heat shield between his cherry hot jets and that domestic LPG gas bottle  ?  

:D  

On 21/09/2022 at 10:25 AM, old3bob said:

Thai river runners!...

What if ....

Hits   'warp speed'   and  .....

" LOOK OUT  !    "

croco.jpg

I suppose, if you survive that , you swim to the  nearest land  ...

_105335730_022_bhaumikchandrarajdeep.jpg

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

and might I suggest a heat shield between his cherry hot jets and that domestic LPG gas bottle  ?  

:D  

yep, get it up to code...haha

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

That must be an interesting answer .

I assume that ... his riding position is so low ... he uses his feet .

maybe, better get some steel plate nailed on those boots.  a nearby town to us had a dirt track for motorcycle riders using steel plate boots for making turns,  (long ago) and they hardly ever braked just full speed ahead come what may ! 

Edited by old3bob

most of us have gotten smoke in the eyes with fire pits, this could help...

Edited by old3bob