Sign in to follow this  
Dai Zhi Qiang

New user "Dai Zhi Qiang"

Hi,

Funny enough I had never heard of this forum until today, so I had decided to create an account.

My name is Jon Dyer aka Dai Zhi Qiang, I am 45 years old,  from New Zealand and have around 30 years background in martial arts (20 years or so in various types of Kung Fu, both external and internal, Chi Kung etc and another 10 years in BJJ (purple belt) 3 years formally training in Muay Thai and Western boxing).

I guess I can call myself a Theravadan Buddhist (Thai forest tradition) Dhammayut, though I have a lot of time for Taoism and other systems of thought, which I have studied in one way or another for the past 30 years.

I have a background in various types of strength and conditioning (powerlifting, bodybuilding, calisthenics, Yoga and for the past 2 years have been getting into, Pahlevani (Persian movement system, using various tools, such as clubs, bow, shields and push-up board). 

There is also a very similar system in India (maybe origin of the Iranian system) which also has the use of clubs, but also has gada (mace) naal (large stone worn around the neck) and others.

Wrestling or Kushti is also shared between the 2 systems, which in India is done in a freshly dug pit.

Just here to meet others with similar interests. 

Also it has been brought to my attention that there is a bit of confusion as to who is qualified to teach Dai Xin Yi Quan and I would like to point people in the right direction.  I have kind of retired in this aspect, but still retain what I learnt.

I also have a blog which is www.daixiny.blogspot.com if anyone wishes to visit.

Thanks you

Warm regards

Dai Zhi Qiang (Jon Dyer)

Edited by Dai Zhi Qiang
typo etc
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this