joebob

Shaking Practice in Bali

joebob,

Thanks for the link. It sounds a lot like Kunlun, doesn't it? I especially liked this phrase:

As we shake and clear the blocks inside us, we begin our journey back to our original self, remembering who we were before we took on the limiting negativity. We clean ourselves on all levels, spiritual, mental, emotional, physical. Automatically we begin to clear genetic illnesses and shake for our whole family, now and many generations back and clear any genetic illness for our future families.

Nice..the last paragraph ties into the Bonpo Rainbow Bridge (forgot what it is called) oh I just remembered, dMu, and if you take a look on the last Merkaba post there is a link to a webpage with a torroidal rainbow ourabourous (snake bitting it's tail) that evokes an almost aboriginal response and it is found in the heart of a tetrahedron. Aye, what a beauty!

Edited by Xienkula1

Several of my fellow Hua Gong practitioners have been taking classes with Ratu.

He is self taught and is a funny guy.

From what people have told me, his "system" is based on shaking and meditation, and he sometimes makes you chew some initiated tobacco. I once tried it, and it made me sweat like a pig, and a had me almost hurl like a dog.

Since there's alot of shaking practice in my own system, I've never felt the need to check it out.

h

Is there any clips of this guy?

http://www.myspace.com/ratubagus

There is short video on his myspace page.

Thanks for the other links. Yoda, Xienkula1.

Its interesting about the shaking similarities with these different teachers/healers.

I practice a form of Vipassana where most meditators, at some time during a retreat, experience brief involuntary head, leg, arm, whole body jerks. Its a split second thing and then reoccurs at various time intervals. Sort of like nodding off to sleep. I wonder if this is related too?

So I just watched a DVD on Ratu Bagus spontaneous neikung system from Bali. It was very fun with lots of interesting similarities and differences to Kunlun.

The similarities: spontaneous motion, laughter, general merriment, fun atmosphere, the teacher had some energy demonstrations that appear to be very similar to Max like touching people on their mingmeng and touching his lips with his finger and then sending out the energy from there, projecting his energy at a distance, lots of dragons around, and lots of stories about healing being shared and DNA alteration.

The differences: 3 two hour sessions per day for 1-2 months is the way he teaches it, his picture is up all over the place in the practice hall for looking at while doing a mantra "Om Swastiastu Ratu Bagus" so you tune into the right energy. Practice is vigorous shaking to a vigorous drum beat (seems much more hot and percussive). Much more closely related to what I think of as African dance type practice. It seemed "electrically based" vs "magnetically based" which, again, feels hotter to me.

I tried doing Kunlun while watching the DVD but my Kunlun didn't find the DVD to be particularly inspiring. The parts of the video that my Kunlun and I enjoyed the most were two shots of Bali style dancing which was very beautiful and much more cool and serpentine in nature than the rest of the video.

The very first thing my Sifu teaches has many similarities to this shaking practice. He calls it clean body qi gong. Its composed of 3 excersises.The first one you jog around in a circle while shaking your whole body just like in these video's and you focus on forcing your exhalation out. Second and third exercise targets your core region,this provides even a more powerful release .Exhaling forcefully helps you push out anything you don't want with in your body. There is also a mantra that he teaches (Umm Mah Nii Bahh Mee Hooong) that can be practiced with the second/third exercise

Offcourse it leads to spontaneity and great emotional releases etc. Its so powerful in fact that many students i met had quit due to being overwhelmed with emotions and this is just the beginner level

Any one know where ratu bagus learnt this from?

Edited by truth

Oh kool, i just watched the clips that is the beginning of the 108 Spirit Dragon Hei Gung. Also the master mentions that you vomit this happened to me in my recent try of Kunlun and in the past of my Primoridal Chaos meditation.

Very interesting, thanks for posting!

There is something about the Bali music that is very trancy too!

WYG

I practice a form of Vipassana where most meditators, at some time during a retreat, experience brief involuntary head, leg, arm, whole body jerks. Its a split second thing and then reoccurs at various time intervals. Sort of like nodding off to sleep. I wonder if this is related too?

Some times I get body bouncing and shaking in Vipassana. It generally seems to be an energy working itself out. I have started shaking as a separate exercise though and love, it feels really good.

Some times I get body bouncing and shaking in Vipassana. It generally seems to be an energy working itself out. I have started shaking as a separate exercise though and love, it feels really good.

I have heard some meditation teachers say the involuntary body jerking cuts out defilements. To me its always feels like electricity jolts.

Bronze, Are you doing this Ratu Bagus shaking or another type?

I have heard some meditation teachers say the involuntary body jerking cuts out defilements. To me its always feels like electricity jolts.

I remember S.N. Goenka saying something about a guy he taught who was bouncing on his shoulders because he was a scientist who'd made nuclear war heads or something and all the Sankharas where coming out of him when he did anapana. There were also a few times when I heard people run outside the meditation room and then start vomiting. I spoke to them after the retreat and they said that the energy/emotions where just too much.

Bronze, Are you doing this Ratu Bagus shaking or another type?

From what I've seen I'd say what I do is fairly similar to the Ratu Bagus shaking although I haven't met him, just one of his students. I don't really follow any guidelines though for shaking other than to take care of my joints, ligaments etc. It's one of those practices that I just ended up adopting because its so simple and it feels really good for me on many levels.

This reminds me of the clip of the Osho dynamic meditations that someone posted here a while back. Some qigong systems do bouncing and shaking at the beginning of practice to loosen blockages. The Keeney book sounds interesting. Thanks for posting!

Hi everyone, I don't at all know if there is any truth to this statement but a friend did the shaking for a period in Bali with Ratu and said It was influenced by 'Subud' or 'Latihan Subud' which is a very interesting transmission based, quazi Sufi like spiritual tradition where you shake to heal and deepen. I dont think you shake deliberatly though, its more that you learn to let go to the energy and it moves you. It also sounds very similar to Kun Lun in some ways(i have ordered the book and am waiting, it sounds great) Though i dont know, i look foward to finding out

:)

Hi everyone, I don't at all know if there is any truth to this statement but a friend did the shaking for a period in Bali with Ratu and said It was influenced by 'Subud' or 'Latihan Subud' which is a very interesting transmission based, quazi Sufi like spiritual tradition where you shake to heal and deepen. I dont think you shake deliberatly though, its more that you learn to let go to the energy and it moves you. It also sounds very similar to Kun Lun in some ways(i have ordered the book and am waiting, it sounds great) Though i dont know, i look foward to finding out

:)

This shakng is found in some kundalini practices , Glenn shows methods in KAP , its also in Trul Khor, & Ilmu Batin & in native american methods of opening's ones energy.

Its not deliberate its spontaneous when shakti moves through you. Or in the case of Ilmu batin ALLAH is with in you.

Ratu looks to me like principles in Tenaga dalam, tenaga batin training.

S

Here in Europe this spontaneous Qigong and Healing system has been thought for 20 years.

Not completely the same , but some elements seems similar.

Taijiwuxigong

Click the Spontaneous movement link to read about it.

• Like 1

Here in Europe this spontaneous Qigong and Healing system has been thought for 20 years.

Not completely the same , but some elements seems similar.

Taijiwuxigong

Click the Spontaneous movement link to read about it.

Ey, these guys are in Norway too. Tidalwave, do you know anything about E-mei daoyin or the Yi Jin Jing Daoyin they teach?

Hope that helps B)

Hey Tidalwave! Thanks!

I have cheked what is possible to check on the internet I think :)

Dr.Shen is doing a wokshop here in Norway i august and I talked a little bit with his norwegian organizers.

They say Yi Jin Jing is several exercises t.ex. one is a standing exercise to lengthen the spine, another is to bring the earth energy up into the body. It seems that bringing the earth energy into the body is an important factor in this system, and thereby releasing "binqi" - the negative qi creating disease.

They are also very concerned with doing correct, or safe, qigong that does not bring any imbalance or qigong diseases. That is very likeble me thinks ;)

They havent done e-mei daoyin here in Norway yet, but the told me it was very hard training. Im wondering if it looks a little like Xing Shen Zhuang, which is also said to orginate from Emei Shan.

Im not going to the Yi Jin Jing this time because it is in the middle of my vacation. But when E-mei daoyin comes to Norway Im certainly going!

Are you planning to do their Taijiwuxigong, Tidalwave?

Are you planning to do their Taijiwuxigong, Tidalwave?

No, not this year.

I`m shooting for the Animal daoyin, which I`ve done before. It`s awesome, incredibly funny (espesially the monkey) and a lot of spontaneous movements.

The "spirit" of the diferent animals can clearly be recognized.

And I might also sign up for the Yi Jin Ching.

B)