Apech

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, sisters and all

Welcome,

This is a space for Dao Bums old and new to gather round the camp fire and talk about why we come here, what it means to us, where we are going and where we want to go.

Sit a while and share your thoughts, all welcome in comradeship.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

.... I thought I had better include a few sisters as well !

good thinking !!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nungali said:

.... I thought I had better include a few sisters as well !

It’s Shakespeare mate 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zerostao said:

So one of our sisters gets to be Oberon

How do I edit the title?

Edited by Apech

4 minutes ago, zerostao said:

click and hold on title

So you see - I start a nice friendly thread and already I get complaints :)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Naw, you done good :)

I read too much Kit Marlowe,,,,,

Shakespeare is a man of the Stage rather than the page , in my book,

I say that right? :blush:

anyways the stage is now set for the next Classic Thread on TDB

where is that meme with the little white kitty roaring to start the show???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Naw, you done good :)

I read too much Kit Marlowe,,,,,

Shakespeare is a man of the Stage rather than the page , in my book,

I say that right? :blush:

anyways the stage is now set for the next Classic Thread on TDB

where is that meme with the little white kitty roaring to start the show???

Is this the thread that launched a thousand posts and shook the lofty towers of Daobumia?  Or not?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Apech said:

Is this the thread that launched a thousand posts and shook the lofty towers of Daobumia?  Or not?

it is being hyped as such

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apech said:

No no no my dear , no one complained , you just got a little assistance  ......  little assistants  ?    Well,  both .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm simply enjoying the connection with you all here, nothing much to say.

I do appreciate this space.

Somehow it is a bit of a refuge for me.

I value the spiritual discussion, the stories, the poetry, but somehow it is not about the information so much.

It is more about the shared experience.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

straight from the hills & hollers

Spoiler

Not sure what ya'll were wanting for refreshments around the campfire, marshmallow perhaps?

this here is what will get some stories going

Moonshine jug stock image. Image of clay, glazed, rustic - 27278613

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eases his old body down by the campfire and takes off his knee length riding boots.  Pulls out an over large cob pipe and stuffs it with tobacco.  Lights a match and starts to draw.  Coughs gently.  Coughs again. Splutters.  Turns green.  Jumps up and runs behind a hedge to be violently sick.

"I'd forgotten," I explain, "that I don't smoke."

I've been reading Lord of the Rings again.  I don't know why but every few years I feel the need to.  I know there's plenty of people who don't like fantasy - and I don't think I've ever managed much else, although I did read the first G.R.R Martin book of Ice and Fire ... which was okish but just doesn't compare.  There's something about Tolkien's writing which is almost psychodelic - as I read descriptions of landscapes for instance my mind is filled with vivid imagery.  The films weren't bad  but the books are something else.  It was suggested I read the Silmarilion ... I tried but I just couldn't get into it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Throwing back her hood the fragile lady looks around the campfire, some faces she knows of old, some old and venerable, others less so. New faces, old and young, some of them beardless and shining with new found enthusiasm. A sprinkling of women, both elven and men.

Slowly she lowers her hurting body on a spot soft with a cushion of thick moss. Crystal clear water from the mountainspring is her favorite, although she does not say nay to a small beaker of mead. As her time to go to the west has not yet come, she feels joy to be back again.

Greetings to you all, it's good to share a bit of the path. Although I find it's good to listen to both banter and wisdom, of late I find I retreat to silence more often, does not mean being uninterested.

( and yes, Lord of the Rings is a favorite of mine too ;))

• Like 7

Stepping out of the woods amidst the heavy rainfall,

taking a seat but keeping my distance:

yes, well, frankly I don't know how I came here or if I even belong here,

if I ask questions that are wildly inappropriate for smalltalk with strangers

I want to apologize: the questions I have do not stem from some wildly curious

wish to get to the depths of spirituality or the occult (or the weird), no, (hesitant)

if I ask my questions it is usually not a "how to ..." but a "why that" or "is that"

more deducting than pathfinding - I don't know if I am on the right way for me,

(there's so much else to do) but I don't know how to suppress back the questions to the field,

where they were arising from.

In a way, things seem alright now, won't complain.

If only I knew if and how the experiences have any meaning or influence on my life.

If there was a way to distinguish in this area with not just 'a feeling'.

Looking around at the faces. Staring in the fire. Breathing the air that smells between fresh and burnt.

Sipping honey tea. Greeting, wishing well and disappearing into the woods again.

• Like 5

storytelling-campfire.jpg

" ...... Nooooo , silly , not  YOU lot of kids , this was the generation of kids before you on the commune , you know, there was a whole big gang of them , used to tear around  like a mob ..... and got pretty naughty too ! "

" Do you mean  Luke and Ben  and  Leah ... that lot ?'

" Noooooo ...  they where the lot   before them , they are much older than you . I am talking about that lot of kids  between you lot and Luke and Ben and the others . "

" But .... but there are no other kids between us  ?"

' Oooo thats right , you kids wouldnt know about them !     IT    ....  happened before you where born . "

:blink:  " What happened ? "

" Well they had to go to the pit didnt they ."

" The pit ? ? ?   What 'pit' ? "

" You dont know about the pit ?  The big pit up the back of Gloomy Gully, in that little dark grassy clearing . "

" What's in the  pit ? "

" They are . "

" Whaaat ! ?"

"Oh,  they are okay , they aren't dead or anything . "

" But how did they get in there . "

" We put them in there  - the adults ."

" Why ? "

" Too naughty !  We warned them.  But they where ; ' Yeah what you gonna do about ?' Very cheeky, very naughty, we tried , but all where a  failure, so OFF TO THE PIT !  No skin off our nose, we can just have another lot of kids , you lot ."

" Why dont they climb out ? "

" Too deep . "

" :oand they are still alive in there. "

" Well of course  ... what do you think we are murderers or something . They do okay, rain water dribbles in to drink , couple of times a week someone goes and throws a bin of compost in ..... "

:unsure:  :blink:  :o:(

" We did have to build a  bit of a fence out of roofing tin around it  to keep the vixerine out . "

" Whats a vixerine ? "

" You dont know what a vixerine  is ?  You know, that long furry critter, creeps along the ground , got one really long finger with a sharp hook on the end  ."

" No ....never heard of them ... why do they have one long finger ? "

" Oh, that ? They use that for snatchin'  , they creep along the ground at night , up to your tent and slide that long finger under the flap and then .....  THEY HOOK YA !  Here on your  heel , through this bit, behind the Achilles tendon here , then drag you out and off deep into the forest where they  ..... well, best not tell you that bit , we dont want you kids gettin frightened now . "

" Anyway , its getting late ,  so  off your tents  and off to bed .... and make sure you nail down all around the edge  of your tents before lights out ... they like the dark . "

" But ... but , we dont have any nails  ! "

" No ?   Oh ,   well,   you'll probably be okay .    Sleep well ! " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

oh my, the pit :D

but where did you get that picture of me as a youngster :ph34r:, and posting it without my permission eh

ah well, too old now  to get into a ruckus about it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Looking around at the faces. Staring in the fire. Breathing the air that smells between fresh and burnt.

Sipping honey tea. Greeting, wishing well and disappearing into the woods again.

you're welcome to step back into the circle of light anytime and ask your questions, inappropriate or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

oh my, the pit :D

but where did you get that picture of me as a youngster :ph34r:, and posting it without my permission eh

ah well, too old now  to get into a ruckus about it

Vincent%20Price.jpg?itok=6mHmlFR7

Why, my dear, I have pictures of all the Daobums when they where little children  ...... in my file .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The-Fly-Vincent-Price.jpg?resize=740,537

Now ... watch closely young Apech .... see how the female, after she mates with the male , attacks him, bites him, sucks his juices out , and then , with the left over hard bits , decorates her web as a warning .

.... and he grew up to be a lovely little lad  : 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1