AstralProjectee

Is Mastering Doism/Yin Chi Key To Astral Projection?

Hi everyone, in the most famous video of John Chang he says that mastering yin chi is key to the spirit world, paraphrased. So my question is, do people that master Daoism master astral projection? Like do masters of Daoism also master Daoism as a side effect?

8 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

Hi everyone, in the most famous video of John Chang he says that mastering yin chi is key to the spirit world, paraphrased. So my question is, do people that master Daoism master astral projection?

No....it is not that simple... John Chang was not talking about astral projection when he was speaking about mastering Yin Qi

A lot of people who  " astral project " don't actually do so at all...its usually lucid dreaming, or the some other phenomena

A true astral separation....to my knowledge at least is difficult to achieve...usually happens when one is

#1 Extremely unwell, and energetically speaking straddling that line between life and death ( the "binding" that ties the "layers" of the body together starts to loosen ( one can accidentally slip into it here)  

#2 Has an actual near death experience ( which forces the separation) or else 

#3  Being trained to do so towards the intermediate to advanced stages of Daoist practice ( where one learns to loosen the bindings of the bodies purposefully)

Its not a beginners practice

It is not an experience you should be concerned about to be totally honest

It is definitely not something you want to pursue unless you are in that 3rd category...despite the fact that people tend to glorify it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

not something you want to pursue

so this is when part of someone leaves the consensual reality of the four dimensions known by our senses, - in your opinion / knowledge / experience ? leaves to, - where, a higher dimension? what is the leaving part exactly?

is that 'the white light' you so often hear about in the context of near death experiences?

31 minutes ago, questionmark said:

so this is when part of someone leaves the consensual reality of the four dimensions known by our senses, - in your opinion / knowledge / experience ? leaves to, - where, a higher dimension? what is the leaving part exactly?

is that 'the white light' you so often hear about in the context of near death experiences?

An OBE or NDE doesn't necessarily mean "white light"....that light....well that's what you see when "the light turns around" or put another way...when consciousness turns in on itself.....The white light is an entirely different topic to be honest...I think there's quite a bit written about it on the site already...so I wont repeat what others have stated

Theres a lot of nuances here...states can be tricky...if we are talking about death.... Damo Mitchell has a simple, accessible explanation of this in his "Daoist Reflections From Scholar Sage text"

Heres a  an interesting quote..from page 112.

The Daoist theory of consciousness states that spirit is rooted in physicality. If you wish to picture it as something more tangible you could think of your spirit as being like a balloon filled with helium tied to a weight that stops it floating back to the heavens. That weight is the physical form of your body. When you die this string is cut, and thus the root of your spirit is severed.

The string loosening up and the balloon having much more freedom (No longer being as rigidly restrained) is not the same as the string of the balloon snapping and no longer being held in place by the weight at all.

My experience and knowledge (which is limited) is as I have stated...its not something I'd be interested in unless I was learning it from a teacher and was at the intermediate to advanced stages.

What I will say regards your comments about where too....where to depends on the level of detachment....when you fall asleep you detach from the senses....the Hun likes to go and do a bit of wandering at this stage...here's a bit more relevant information from the LNG website. Link to the full article is here 

https://lotusneigong.com/yang-sheng-fa/

Sleep practice – later on in the Nei Gong training you can learn sleep practice. It is used particularly to harmonize the relationship of the Hun and the Po, the spirits that make up our soul. The Hun is considered Yang, it is the ethereal and eternal soul. The Po is our mortal soul; it is Yin and the aspect or our mind that connects us to physicality. The Po roots the Hun in physicality, without this foundation the person would be delusional. In Chinese thought it is said that our Hun (Soul) goes wandering during the night into spirit realms. When the Hun and the Po are in balance you stop dreaming. You will only “dream” when the Hun needs to tell/warn you about something in your future. It can warn you about future negative events that are going to take place in your future and Ming/destiny if you carry on living in the way you are, or it can, for example, show you when there is going to be a major change in your life. The Hun and the Po’s relationship give an interesting explanation to why one can feel confused when waking up in the morning. During the night the Hun has been able to move freely in the spirit world, and when awakening one becomes restrained by the Po because it connects us to physicality.

Soul Travel – Another thing you can do whilst sleeping is to practice soul travel. You can leave your body and travel in different realms if you manage to free your Ling from the physical body. In order to be able to do this you usually need to have practiced many years of Nei Gong or other internal practices.

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, questionmark said:

To the dimension of the 'imagination' . The 'leaving part', we might call consciousness , but it is a part of consciousness directed by the imagination , more so than consciousness is  when one is 'conscious' . We could say it is  a 'trance' sate regulated by the imagination.

Dont get me wrong about 'imagination' , I am not using  the term in any attempt to downplay the experience , the 'reality' of the 'imaginative world' is something not many modern people understand .

"

How did the unconscious come to be situated inside us? The short answer lies with the new kind of consciousness—our own modern Western consciousness, in fact—which emerged at the beginning of the 17th century. Its novelty lay in two extraordinary claims for which Descartes was the spokesman: firstly, it asserted that consciousness was entirely separate from the world, which henceforth was to be regarded as exclusively outside us—it was the subject in relation to which everything else was an object. Secondly, it claimed to be the whole of the psyche, effectively denying the existence of the unconscious.

The new consciousness was centered around a subject, an ego as we now call it, which was so bright, so focussed, so narrow, that it threw the rest of the psyche into deep shadow. All the twilight intercourse between consciousness and the unconscious ceased. From the ego’s point of view, the unconscious did not exist. From its own point of view, of course, the unconscious existed more profoundly, more darkly, sealed off as it was from direct expression through consciousness. Its stifled cries were not heard for three hundred years, when they came to light in the depth psychologists’ consulting-rooms. Indeed, psychology was founded specifically to disinter this buried part of the psyche; or we could say that the suppressed unconscious grew so importunate that we were compelled to invent psychology in order to contain it."

https://www.essentiafoundation.org/reading/seeing-things-the-daimonic-nature-of-reality/

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

On 30/01/2022 at 6:49 AM, AstralProjectee said:

do people that master Daoism master astral projection?

Some of the more ‘magic’ focused lineages that place a heavy emphasis on ‘Ling’ do train in all manner of ‘astral projection’ type methods.

These are usually pretty secretive schools… and there are many deluded teachers or outright charlatans in this field - so not easy to get into :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Some of the more ‘magic’ focused lineages that place a heavy emphasis on ‘Ling’ do train in all manner of ‘astral projection’ type methods.

These are usually pretty secretive schools… and there are many deluded teachers or outright charlatans in this field - so not easy to get into :) 

"Astral projection" , kundalini, the chakras and jhanas are all seriously filled with all sorts of liars and frauds. This is why I tend to shy away from interest in the topic of AP...by the time it matters...enough weird stuff has already occurred that the mystique of the notion has  most likely worn off....if it hasnt....you've probably got more work to do :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:27 AM, Shadow_self said:

No....it is not that simple... John Chang was not talking about astral projection when he was speaking about mastering Yin Qi

A lot of people who  " astral project " don't actually do so at all...its usually lucid dreaming, or the some other phenomena

A true astral separation....to my knowledge at least is difficult to achieve...usually happens when one is

#1 Extremely unwell, and energetically speaking straddling that line between life and death ( the "binding" that ties the "layers" of the body together starts to loosen ( one can accidentally slip into it here)  

#2 Has an actual near death experience ( which forces the separation) or else 

#3  Being trained to do so towards the intermediate to advanced stages of Daoist practice ( where one learns to loosen the bindings of the bodies purposefully)

Its not a beginners practice

It is not an experience you should be concerned about to be totally honest

It is definitely not something you want to pursue unless you are in that 3rd category...despite the fact that people tend to glorify it

Hum yeah I get what you mean, some people astral projection comes naturally with no training needed, I wish I could be one of those people.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, questionmark said:

It's the soul that leaves the body as far as I know. And it can go to any dimension depending on the bodies frequency, and/or the minds projection as far as I know.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:41 AM, ralis said:

In order to astral project one must change the frequency (EM).

Yeah that is a good part of it. 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, Shadow_self said:

An OBE or NDE doesn't necessarily mean "white light"....that light....well that's what you see when "the light turns around" or put another way...when consciousness turns in on itself.....The white light is an entirely different topic to be honest...I think there's quite a bit written about it on the site already...so I wont repeat what others have stated

Theres a lot of nuances here...states can be tricky...if we are talking about death.... Damo Mitchell has a simple, accessible explanation of this in his "Daoist Reflections From Scholar Sage text"

Heres a  an interesting quote..from page 112.

The Daoist theory of consciousness states that spirit is rooted in physicality. If you wish to picture it as something more tangible you could think of your spirit as being like a balloon filled with helium tied to a weight that stops it floating back to the heavens. That weight is the physical form of your body. When you die this string is cut, and thus the root of your spirit is severed.

The string loosening up and the balloon having much more freedom (No longer being as rigidly restrained) is not the same as the string of the balloon snapping and no longer being held in place by the weight at all.

My experience and knowledge (which is limited) is as I have stated...its not something I'd be interested in unless I was learning it from a teacher and was at the intermediate to advanced stages.

What I will say regards your comments about where too....where to depends on the level of detachment....when you fall asleep you detach from the senses....the Hun likes to go and do a bit of wandering at this stage...here's a bit more relevant information from the LNG website. Link to the full article is here 

https://lotusneigong.com/yang-sheng-fa/

Sleep practice – later on in the Nei Gong training you can learn sleep practice. It is used particularly to harmonize the relationship of the Hun and the Po, the spirits that make up our soul. The Hun is considered Yang, it is the ethereal and eternal soul. The Po is our mortal soul; it is Yin and the aspect or our mind that connects us to physicality. The Po roots the Hun in physicality, without this foundation the person would be delusional. In Chinese thought it is said that our Hun (Soul) goes wandering during the night into spirit realms. When the Hun and the Po are in balance you stop dreaming. You will only “dream” when the Hun needs to tell/warn you about something in your future. It can warn you about future negative events that are going to take place in your future and Ming/destiny if you carry on living in the way you are, or it can, for example, show you when there is going to be a major change in your life. The Hun and the Po’s relationship give an interesting explanation to why one can feel confused when waking up in the morning. During the night the Hun has been able to move freely in the spirit world, and when awakening one becomes restrained by the Po because it connects us to physicality.

Soul Travel – Another thing you can do whilst sleeping is to practice soul travel. You can leave your body and travel in different realms if you manage to free your Ling from the physical body. In order to be able to do this you usually need to have practiced many years of Nei Gong or other internal practices.

What is the difference between Ling and Po?

19 hours ago, freeform said:

Great, well is there enough information on the internet or through amazon books on how to reach those levels through Daoism or something similar?

14 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

"Astral projection" , kundalini, the chakras and jhanas are all seriously filled with all sorts of liars and frauds. This is why I tend to shy away from interest in the topic of AP...by the time it matters...enough weird stuff has already occurred that the mystique of the notion has  most likely worn off....if it hasnt....you've probably got more work to do :lol:

There are many people that astral project and teach others for free and have nothing to gain by it. Such as astral projection groups, and astralpulse.com many of them are also weary of chakra talk and kundalini. 

5 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

Hum yeah I get what you mean, some people astral projection comes naturally with no training needed, I wish I could be one of those people.

It's the soul that leaves the body as far as I know. And it can go to any dimension depending on the bodies frequency, and/or the minds projection as far as I know.

Yeah that is a good part of it. 

What is the difference between Ling and Po?

Great, well is there enough information on the internet or through amazon books on how to reach those levels through Daoism or something similar?

There are many people that astral project and teach others for free and have nothing to gain by it. Such as astral projection groups, and astralpulse.com many of them are also weary of chakra talk and kundalini. 

A few points

#1  It doesn't really come natural per se.....anyone selling you that story is most likely selling you a lie....try not to listen to such people...

That separation is very deliberate, outside of the circumstances that I have mentioned regards illness/NDE....You will always need training, or to be in one of those situations to experience true astral projection. This was literally how the ancients caused it to happen...Ever wonder where the term " scared to death" came from? They would, in some cases put the initiate into a situation (somewhat controlled..accidents happen) where they would believe they were going to die....thereby forcing the separation

Don't be so sure its something you'd care to experience...consider the phase the grass is greener....There's a reason its a late intermediate/advanced practice and closely guarded...Again....it isn't something one should overly concerned with...by the time it matters...the allure has probably disappeared :)

#2 The Ling is an expression of the "higher" or "more evolved " part of the spirit...Ling Shen, which is Ling expressed through the mind can lead to Ling Qi production...and thats what can lead to Siddhi....

The Po is the Yin aspect of the soul...its responsible for connection to the earthly realm. Unlike the Hun ( the Yang aspect of the soul), which transmigrates, the energies of the Po break down and are returned to the Yin Energies of the Earth. There's a connection to ghosts (gui) here, but thats probably another thread

#3 Id caution you to be weary of listening to anyone telling you they can do this :). Most likely they are teaching forms of lucid dreaming and the likes...True astral projection carries inherent risks of possession and death...it is really not a public thing.

• Like 1

It may be useful to distinguish etheric projection (looks like the physical world) from astral projection where things/entities may take different shapes

On 30/01/2022 at 6:49 AM, AstralProjectee said:

Hi everyone, in the most famous video of John Chang he says that mastering yin chi is key to the spirit world, paraphrased. So my question is, do people that master Daoism master astral projection? Like do masters of Daoism also master Daoism as a side effect?

Theory detached from reality and practice is spiraling out of control delusion. Some of this thread's content reads like children talking about Santa Claus.

You can check our article on astral projection; it is based on real-world experience.
No religious unverified dogmas passed from the ancient secret Daoist sect of the dragon-gate lineage.

https://ancientmasters.org/library/other-worlds

• Like 1

Several red flags here:

1. John Chang and his cult 

2. Spirit world

3. Astral projection

On 26.04.2023 at 3:51 AM, Gerard said:

Several red flags here:

2. Spirit world

3. Astral projection

There are people genuinely afraid of facing the reality beyond physical.

With genuine evolution and spiritual development, your perception will go beyond physical realm, seeing energies, spirits, closely interacting with spiritual world.
If this does not happen, you are not developing, not spiritually for sure.