Sign in to follow this  
Tutte

Just a nice hello to you all from the cold north!

Hi fellow bums!

I have always considered myself being an atheist, but when I first found out about taoism, and also buddhism, I just thought it to fit my personal view of our world and exsistence very well. :D Which was really nice, because it was like I suddenly was confirmed in my beliefs and that I wasn't the only person the world believing so... So yippy for this board! :D

And I would like to see if there are any other people from Scandinavia in here?? :D

Hugs and kisses

Ida (pronounced: like the "isa" in Lisa(Lida)! :D

Welcome!

As you've probably noticed, it's a nice place. I'm mostly lurking in the shadows, but as a fellow scandinavian (I'm from Finland), I though I'd say hi.

Juho

Ida,

Welcome to taobums! I was just reading that Denmark has been trying to let Greenland have its independence but Greenland can't foot the bill yet. As Greenland thaws out, it'll be able to make good money in minerals and oil but then wouldn't Denmark want to keep Greenland? Just curious.

Yours,

Yoda

Hi Yoda!

Oh, the debate about the independence of Greenland is always relevant, especially now were, as you said, there have been speculations about the value of the Greenlandic underground.

Well, it is a bit tricky. First of all, I strongly hope that Denmark one day will let Greenland get their independence, because let's face it, the Danes have nothing to do there. Our cultures were like day and night when DK took control over Greenland back in 1815, so for me it's just wrong.

BUT! Unfortunatly, I am afraid that without the control we have with Greenland today, Greenland would slowly become an extinct nation. There are a lot of social and political problems in Greenland, for example there have been some investigations that shows, that there are a extremely high rate of incest and alcoholism in many families in Greenland, and it doesn't seem to be declining. Also there have been problems with politicians who have used government money to buy exclusive houses to family and friends. Also it has become known to the public that many high ranked politicians of the homerule in Greenland have had huge problems with alcoholism.

So from all this, I am afraid what would happen to Greenland today, if we granted them independence. So as I see it, the best thing to do is to make a huge effort from the Danish government to fight the problems in Greenland, so that they one day will be able to do it themselves! - I truly hope so, and I hope it is in the near future.

But now that this new aspect on the Greenlandic underground has come out, I am afraid that a lot of Danish politicians (from the right wing), will do what they can to keep Greenland, so that DK can get som profit out of it too. And i am afraid that this might prolong the question about Greenlandic independence into forever.

Hope this helped! :D

Hugs

Sign in to follow this