skyblue

As the Era Transitions..

The New Age began with the enlightenment of Europe, when people broke away from the Church and started championing Free Will.  People like Nietzsche and Crowley have helped move it along since then, and it is only going to continue to get more diverse.  I think at this point we have broken open most of the taboos, and liberated ourselves from old morality pretty thoroughly,  but on an individual level there is a lot of people clinging to Christianity still over here.  I doubt that China will let this sort of thing occur over there.  

In the new Age freedom is key, but we are still not so free as to do harm to others health, wealth and liberty.  There is still a morality, but the rule of kindness and mercy are loosened, the commands of absolute kindness was a fallacy anyway, because people still did what they will regardless.  Christianity was the moral code for so long, but it wasn't always lived up to, and now we are free to deny that we must follow it.  However, our laws are still in line with it- this is on a personal level that I speak of, in the court of public opinion, it is very much alive.