Seeking

Most of the esoteric knowledge out there is incomplete on purpose

The problem is that the "piece" you are looking for is inexpressible by subject-object language. NOBODY can tell you directly what enlightenment is. 

Many teachings are willfully vague with the aim that your insight will suddenly fill in the blanks. This obviously is quite a rare occurrence. Despite that, what you are looking for is WRIT LARGE in ANY Buddhist sutta or sutra, in all of the basic Taoist texts, in Rumi, Sufism, the Bhagavad Gita, ad nauseam. In fact the emptiness that is so visible in the fabric of everything, once seen, is RIGHT in front of you ALL THE TIME. You somehow KNOW it is there, but can't see it. It's infuriating, right? The key is to stop grasping for it, and surrender. Let the mind become still and point it back toward itself. 

-

The founder of Japanese Soto Zen, Eihei Dogen, said: 

“What is practice?”

The cook:

Everywhere, nothing is hidden.”

• Like 5

17 hours ago, stirling said:

The problem is that the "piece" you are looking for is inexpressible by subject-object language. NOBODY can tell you directly what enlightenment is. 

Many teachings are willfully vague with the aim that your insight will suddenly fill in the blanks. This obviously is quite a rare occurrence. Despite that, what you are looking for is WRIT LARGE in ANY Buddhist sutta or sutra, in all of the basic Taoist texts, in Rumi, Sufism, the Bhagavad Gita, ad nauseam. In fact the emptiness that is so visible in the fabric of everything, once seen, is RIGHT in front of you ALL THE TIME. You somehow KNOW it is there, but can't see it. It's infuriating, right? The key is to stop grasping for it, and surrender. Let the mind become still and point it back toward itself. 

-

The founder of Japanese Soto Zen, Eihei Dogen, said: 

“What is practice?”

The cook:

Everywhere, nothing is hidden.”

I think a lot of people are searching for enlightenment as you describe it, but others have different goals. 

It’s so King Kai doesn’t go beat on some bunnies that turn his thirsty confused self on. How unbecoming, of ultimate skill in an art. In any art really...why would you want only the primitive technological use of an art that wields diamond brilliancy with diamond strength function. Back to scholarly works! Learn to be light and shine  like bling-a-ling for your folks & Work that ice like the great Liberace!

36 minutes ago, Zorro Dantes said:

It’s so King Kai doesn’t go beat on some bunnies that turn his thirsty confused self on. How unbecoming, of ultimate skill in an art. In any art really...why would you want only the primitive technological use of an art that wields diamond brilliancy with diamond strength function. Back to scholarly works! Learn to be light and shine  like bling-a-ling for your folks & Work that ice like the great Liberace!

?

6 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

Would you mind to break down what you mean here, I've read this several times but it sounds to me like this:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can...

I caught a reference to Dragon Ball Z, Bunnies, primitive technology but I am still not sure what all this means.  

Edited by Iliketurtles

vhe12uuoev961.jpg

Fantastic! Now we know why those happy fellas are living in mushrooms!

Could they actually be elves? 🤔

Edited by Michael Sternbach
Afterthought added
  • Haha 1

I’m glad we’re on the same page then...it isn’t a convincing enough of an argument to say those who are  highly imbalanced and diluted aren’t going to get their “desires” covered through the “art” by the means of oversight in development. Seems likely that would be highly irresponsible 

On 1/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Iliketurtles said:

I think a lot of people are searching for enlightenment as you describe it, but others have different goals. 

What is your goal?

1 hour ago, Iliketurtles said:

Just to cherish the miracle we call life.

:)

What good fortune  - that is ALWAYS possible! It is also, along with accepting this moment as it is and stopping your attachment or aversion to it being other than it is, a fine beginning practice. IMHO seeing "this" as it truly is, gives you the best view, though. :)

9 hours ago, awaken said:

悟真篇有著最大的奧義與真實,問題是你程度太差看不懂。

Translation please?

猴子在树上。男人只看到椰子。

成功有两个关键。首先:永远不要告诉任何人你所知道的一切。第二:

On 1/20/2022 at 2:57 AM, awaken said:

悟真篇有著最大的奧義與真實,問題是你程度太差看不懂。

Luckily the internet makes even the poorest rich with wisdom IF it is understood. 

https://archive.org/details/UnderstandingReality_201605

“There are 84,000 doors to Enlightenment” - Ananda

Ananda was being conservative, IMHO. There are INFINITE doors. The real problem is finding those that are willing go through them.

• Like 1

On 2022/1/21 at 3:31 AM, Cleansox said:

难书。有些人试图从那本书中逆向工程实践,以气功告终 

是的,這樣的人還不少,而且從註解悟真篇的文章看起來,大多數人都是如此,只有劉一明一個人比較沒那麼離譜而已

因此我個人不自量力的,想要出一本註解悟真篇的書,正在努力當中,只是很抱歉,我只會寫中文,英文恐怕能力上有點問題,寫不出來....

Edited by awaken

On 2022/1/21 at 4:19 AM, ralis said:

Translation please?

你可以用google 翻譯吧,講道家用中文不是挺好的嗎?