Sign in to follow this  
TheGrayJediKnight

Buddhist Pocket Shrine 3D

So lately I have been changing it up and practicing, using the Buddhist Pocket Shrine app. I can't afford a physical shrine yet but until then this seems to work and I learn how it works. Are there any objections or ideas towards Dharma practices on this topic? Any staunch traditionalists here?

My perspective is that a shrine exists solely to support my realization and growth as a practitioner.

It does not exist to support the Buddha, the Dharma, or the Sangha, per se.

Consequently, anything that serves to support my spiritual growth and the deepening of my own practice and understanding can serve as a shrine. And the most beautiful and perfect shrine can be a distraction rather than a sacred support.

While the "staunch traditionalists," or even the progressive freethinkers, may bring to the table certain rules, definitions, and expectations, none of that has any value beyond serving to support or distract me from my personal practice and understanding.

If the 3D shrine app works for you, wonderful!

One the other hand, a shrine does not have to cost much...

A candle, a stick of incense, a photo or image downloaded from the web, and a small bowl of water are enough.

What really counts is our relationship to our shrine far more than its component parts and construction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this