First off, how delightful and refreshing to read intelligent comment on Freemasonry instead of the silly old  incorrectly informed conspiracy crap .

And also interesting , to me, to read a woman's perspective on what is considered a Man only realm  ( except for  Co-Masonry) . Also to read a perspective that comes from reading and observation  that seems perceptive and balanced .

Poor old Hiram .   He was privy to the mysteries , being a Master .  But as is the way of the world , the unscrupulous sought to seize his power.  He refused and the first 'ruffian'  dealt him a blow on the head , the second a blow to the heart and the third , to the lower body .

10400.jpg

san-bao-jing-qi-shen-271x300.jpg

Death and rebirth , a new  life, activated by a new 'power of three '

3x3.jpg

So a  Master Mason is ritually killed and 'raised again' .   A note on Hiram ;

In 1 Kings 7:13–14, Hiram is described as the son of a widow from the tribe of Naphtali who was the son of a Tyrian bronze worker, sent for by Solomon to cast the bronze furnishings and ornate decorations for the new temple. From this reference, Freemasons often refer to Hiram (with the added Abiff) as "the widow's son."   - Wiki .

Pierre_Bouillon_-_Jesus_Resurrecting_the

Jesus Raises a Widow's Son ;

... As he drew near to the gate of the town, behold, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow, and a considerable crowd from the town was with her. 13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 14 Then he came up and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still. And he said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 15 And the dead man sat up and began to speak,

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Hi @manitou,

I am speaking to myself,

At last I am leaving, finally,

I urged myself to leave last year,

but, I did not hear myself,

I have nothing to achieve, hence I do not belong here,

All is one and infinite,

hence,

there is nothing at all

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Also to read a perspective that comes from reading and observation  that seems perceptive and balanced .

There is another component that is needed.  Inner work.  There is much in the steps of recovery that parallels the first 32 degrees.  Those of us who finally get it are called Cosmic Masons, according to Manley Hall - even if we didn't take the exact same path.  Many masters can be found within the halls of recovery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manitou said:

There is another component that is needed.  Inner work.  There is much in the steps of recovery that parallels the first 32 degrees.  Those of us who finally get it are called Cosmic Masons, according to Manley Hall - even if we didn't take the exact same path.  Many masters can be found within the halls of recovery.

Yes, I have found this on my  journey through initiation  ( both receiving and giving ) ; an initiation should reflect a major life experience and be education about that experience .  Either ;

a preparation for experience to come

or a context to put experience one has  already had  into perspective and understanding .

So people are all different in their journey , the life journey may not play out consecutively  as the degree progression does .  As one goes along through the degree progression some stages might be harder or easier , some might have already been 'cemented' on the earth plane  and others yet to be experienced .

Eg . the nature of the  Rosicrucian Degrees might be more easily accomplished by one that has had the life experience of marriage, children and 'giving up primary self focus' to that of the family unit.  

And because initiation is a reflection of lif'e's stages ... one who navigates through those  will be 'Cosmic Masons '  /  Cosmic Initiates ....  'raised' themselves by their own bootstraps , as it where .    It might  harder path ,  navigating it oneself, suffering perhaps more bumps, smashes and long periods of recover , sometimes taking the long route , etc .  But also, there are other systems  out there , with similar principles  ( that you found , in the seeking of help for your recovery ) that can deal with specific issues  and focus on them .

Addiction is a tricky one .   I have seen many a person get a 'shake up '   when doing their first degree OTO  and encountering the oath against being unduly influenced by  ANY  drug  .... which are tiresomely  all listed and gone through   (  " Damn !  I thought this was going to be some type of debauched Aleister Crowley drug party ! "  :(   )      

:D 

No one system trumps another  - generally . But certain systems suit certain types of people better than others .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nungali said:

No one system trumps another  - generally . But certain systems suit certain types of people better than others .

Yes!

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

And this affirms that all systems, all paths, all religions end up in the same place.

I watched Gandhi again a few weeks ago.  At one point, a reporter asks him if he is Hindu.  Gandhi replied, Yes.  I am Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, Christian....

There is one thing I would like to ask you, Nungers.  Reverse geyser?  Does it have to do with character traits you are eliminating, rather than expressing?  Or does it have more to do with your toilet flushing in the opposite direction than mine?

Edited by manitou

1 hour ago, manitou said:

And this affirms that all systems, all paths, all religions end up in the same place.

I watched Gandhi again a few weeks ago.  At one point, a reporter asks him if he is Hindu.  Gandhi replied, Yes.  I am Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, Christian....

There is one thing I would like to ask you, Nungers.  Reverse geyser?  Does it have to do with character traits you are eliminating, rather than expressing?  Or does it have more to do with your toilet flushing in the opposite direction than mine?

I dont like the idea of a geyser  in a toilet bowl  !   :(

Reverse geyser ; think of a black hole;   a black hole of  knowledge , understanding and wisdom .

Also its about how attractive I still am      and NOT turning into an old geyser at all ,  no way  ...... not one bit      :) 

road-rage-furious-senior-male-driver-sha

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, manitou said:

Of course I'm not a Freemason, I am merely a woman

To this day I still hate how many freemasons speak of freemasonry as a means to achieve self-realization, personal growth and such, and how this is something they wish of/for others, but still keep this archaic practice of prohibiting women of being freemasons themselves...so much for being an "enlightening group" huh?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shadao said:

To this day I still hate how many freemasons speak of freemasonry as a means to achieve self-realization, personal growth and such, and how this is something they wish of/for others, but still keep this archaic practice of prohibiting women of being freemasons themselves...so much for being an "enlightening group" huh?

Sororities will probably allow men to join before that happens.

• Haha 1

I know the impulse you mention @manitou but you are what this community needs. Some might not read your posts, some others might read and not understand, but there are seeds of wisdom you plant through your interactions.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, manitou said:

all I can do is to relate this to my own experience, and say what I have said ad nauseum on this site - the experience of a recovering alcoholic person

What is the rest of humanity, if not suffering from one or more forms of (form) addictions?

So, if you want to leave, that's your prerogative. But there are those of us who value your presence. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Shadao said:

The thing is , it is a 'male mystery '   and the initiate is playing the part of the man ( Hiram ) .   In Old Boy dont like women doing that .

In   (originally )  an offshoot from FM , the OTO  went through changes to become something different  and was updated by Aleister Crowley , a one time Grand Master of the order . Its still a 'male mystery' but women are free to join , lead groups  and become initiators .  But in the rite of initiation they are still playing the part of a man ( not Hiram, another ) .     Thats they way the rite is , and if they want to experience that , that is okay  ( there is no restriction against gay people either ) .

In many aspects FM is way behind the times , thats why its dying out , and similar more progressive groups with more modern views had been  filling the void.

Of course there are some wonderful stories and myths that can be and have been made into woman's mysteries and rites of passage .   We wrote and performed one ourselves when our group was active  ;  Rite of  Persephone .

It might be good for Men to go through some of those rites and be 'ritually exposed' to some of the issues women have been dealing with for centuries . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Sororities will probably allow men to join before that happens.

Oh no !   I read a Freemasons magazine where it had an article refuting all this .  "  Women are not involved in FM ?  How ridiculous  .....  "

<  wait for it >

" Our wives make the costumes , They are involved in cooking and the preparation of feasts   .....  "     

... and the washing up afterwards of course .

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh no !   I read a Freemasons magazine where it had an article refuting all this .  "  Women are not involved in FM ?  How ridiculous  .....  "

<  wait for it >

" Our wives make the costumes , They are involved in cooking and the preparation of feasts   .....  "     

... and the washing up afterwards of course .

I mean hey, there are dudes in sororities already.

Spoiler

p_800x1200_AMC_SororityBoys_12022019.jpg

@manitou

I can relate to your rationale for stepping away from the forum.

I am also "tired of my own words," tired of words in general. 

I delete the vast majority of my posts and replies before ever posting them.

Silence nearly always seems more valuable and more significant than words for me.

While you don't want this thread to be about you, sorry - your last major post here cannot be about anything or anyone else for me!

You are a blessing and a delight, one of my favorite people here.

You have demonstrated courage, honesty, warmth, generosity, and insight that is rare among people.

You are loved and will be sorely missed around here, the community will be diminished by your absence.

With love and deep respect.

:wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Oooo ... thats nice, but dont do that  ( as requested ) .   

Just keep asking her questions ....

Spoiler

... try to distract her from her intent  ....like I do  at a  party or other situation, when someone says they are leaving  ..... and I dont want them to leave .

7 hours ago, steve said:

I can relate to your rationale for stepping away from the forum.

I am also "tired of my own words," tired of words in general. 

I delete the vast majority of my posts and replies before ever posting them.

Silence nearly always seems more valuable and more significant than words for me.

@steve,

This says it for me, exactly.  I guess I felt that I had to write something because my attendance has been so spotty over the past months.  But it's because of you, and Nungers, and Dwai, and the others I mentioned, that I wanted to write 'something' to explain my absence.  We've known each other soul to soul for too many years to just drop off the planet.  I remember when Songs of Distant Earth did the same thing - I was so sorry to see him go, it almost made me cry.  But when it gets harder and harder to sign on, for some strange reason, it just seems like 'pushing it' isn't a viable answer.

I too started deleting my posts before posting them.  What is it?  Not ennui.  I don't know.  Maybe when  certain consciousness is reached, it's too repetitive or something.  But I appreciate the fact that you hang in here anyway and shine your light for us.  As we all do.

I suspect that I'll be around.  I've got lots of art works to do now, and maybe an art hiatus is what I need.  I probably couldn't stay away from my loved ones here for very long.  Maybe I'll just turn into Marbles and wisecrack (as though I don't already).

Love you!

• Like 8

Please be around, we need you.  Course so does your art.  

I'm back from a month or so hiatus.  Don't know if it was an intended plan, some laziness or maybe feeling without inspiration.  It was good to take time off, and it's good to be back.  There's a self reflection in writing on the board and a reflection reflection seeing how people react.  In these strange, uh Covid days its good to have companionship.

If you feel it's right, take time off, but don't stay away.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Please be around, we need you.  Course so does you're art.  

I'm back from a month or so hiatus.  Don't know if it was an intended plan, some laziness or maybe feeling without inspiration.  It was good to take time off, and it's good to be back.  There's a self reflection in writing on the board and a reflection reflection seeing how people react.  In these strange, uh Covid days its good to have companionship.

If you feel it's right, take time off, but don't stay away.

Thank you so much, Michael.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 7:04 PM, manitou said:

I leaned down and whispered in his ear, "Jan, we are god", and then I walked away.  I turned back a few steps later to see how he reacted to this.

The words alone could have failed in so many ways, but when the time and place and source and means of delivery are right, it can throw someone off balance. When I read that, it reminded me of the eerie moments of dawning realization I vaguely remember from ayahuasca experiences. That moment where one feels like having been shown 'the whole conspiracy', suddenly stuff feels magical, and even if it is just the surrounding circumstances, the how instead of the what, the feeling is the actual potency, the core of it all, the heart-opening that opens the mind, as opposed to our default state where the mind decides when and how much the heart is allowed to open.

Truth is best told in a hug.*

*) Could also say "through" a hug. - Which is the messenger and which is the message? ;)

P.S.: When good people move on when naturally drawn to, it is never a loss. It might only be perceived as one for our ego. But those who understand the supreme power of the subtle, quiet currents know that it will be good for the whole system, nourish the root of all things.

It is by the nature of the dynamic that the purest cure for current society's ailments will fly under its radar.

This world is arguably obsessed with doing, so only through doing less can we change it towards balance.

Good luck will be with us. We wish so. It is our intention. No one could stop it but one alone.

Might we be being fast and loose with terms or meanings? 

My take is that a "we" as the term is commonly used  equates to beings,  countless trillions and trillions of us at different stages of evolution thus  going through changes.   So in that sense a "we" does not equate to  an  absolute  God  beyond evolution or changes, even though we like the transcendental  idea of we being God (and appreciate having certain experience's along such lines) yet most of we will not or are not ready to return all the way;  I'm not, even though ultimately "we" also never left.

Edited by old3bob

17 hours ago, old3bob said:

Might we be being fast and loose with terms or meanings? 

My take is that a "we" as the term is commonly used  equates to beings,  countless trillions and trillions of us at different stages of evolution thus  going through changes.   So in that sense a "we" does not equate to  an  absolute  God  beyond evolution or changes, even though we like the transcendental  idea of we being God (and appreciate having certain experience's along such lines) yet most of we will not or are not ready to return all the way;  I'm not, even though ultimately "we" also never left.

My take is that we are the intelligence.  The same intelligence that tells all the identical cells in the embryo how to line up differently so that they will be different organs.  The cells are all the same.  But a fingernail cells lines up differently than the cells in an eyeball.  What is evolution if not the supreme intelligence you speak of?  It's not separate from us.  It's within us, pushing outward.  It's the intelligence that enables matter to retain its form.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, manitou said:

My take is that we are the intelligence.  The same intelligence that tells all the identical cells in the embryo how to line up differently so that they will be different organs.  The cells are all the same.  But a fingernail cells lines up differently than the cells in an eyeball.  What is evolution if not the supreme intelligence you speak of?  It's not separate from us.  It's within us, pushing outward.  It's the intelligence that enables matter to retain its form.

yes and no to me....in the sense that derivates of said intelligence do not equate to the full intelligence that does not evolve,  or to put it another way still evolving souls (we) have limits and do not equate to our or the unchanging core or Spirit or "God".   The  "ten thousand" spoken of in the T.T.C. as derivatives can be named thus do not to equate to the Tao that can not be limited by name.