Sign in to follow this  
Pyramidalcow

qigong mixed with neidan?

Follow your teacher’s guidance… It depends on the process you’re working on.

It’s often good to do qigong along with a more internal qi building method… as it helps circulate the qi and avoid stagnation.

But don’t make up your own combinations unless you know exactly what you're doing.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 1:45 AM, Pyramidalcow said:

Can qigong mix with neidan with ok results?

Say for example, 100days building the dantien while also practicing buddhist 18 hands qigong?

When people speak of  qigong ,  I think most of  them refer to medical qigong for health .   On the other hand , Neidan is for immortality . Yet both make use of jing and qi , and pay attention to dantian ,  so why not  mix ?   The key  is how you use your mind , which differentiate them .

I think many  qigong making use of  postures and body movements ,  and when you finish them  ,  you should be taught of  drawing  your qi back to the  lower dantian ,  isn't it  a way of " building dantian"   ?  

In fact ,still qigong can mix with action qigong , say  you do qigong with whatever postures in daytime , and you practice still sitting there no movement qigong ( if you call such a status  Neidan )  in night time . 

Edited by exorcist_1699

I really don’t want to get drawn into another long thread, but I do want to point out that qigong is just an umbrella term as is neigong, and you are best focused on looking at systems and getting guidance from your teacher because you will certainly harm yourself with such a vague and overly generalized view of qigong and neigong.

tl;dr don’t mix and match, qigong is not the same amongst systems and styles, nor is neigong.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Adds to the overall confusion. 

It's also the "nei"part that one is so used to saying again and again and then it slips as I did.

Sign in to follow this