Draco

Canaan: Land of Milk and Honey

Does anyone else sometimes smell a pungent whiff of weed coming off certain posts? :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, freeform said:

Does anyone else sometimes smell a pungent whiff of weed coming off certain posts? :) 

Yeah...normally, someone posts a topic because they want to talk about it, but in the OP here, it seems more like he wants others to talk about it as though we're a television program he can observe and then criticize for not aligning with his expectations. 

• Like 1

The faous quote from the matrix is:  "Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Perhaps the OP is making a connection between this quote and the famous milk and honey quote.

11 hours ago, freeform said:

More like a school teacher with a hangover .

teacher enters ; " Right class , the decline of the Roman Empire  .... discuss ."   -  then  falls asleep at his desk .

Is this a 'thing' now ?  I have seen it before on forums ... someone dictates a topic and then orders  ;  discuss .

Dude ! I am not at school any more !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Milk and Honey

The secretions of the Pituitary and Pineal gland respectively

I see ....  that explains everything .

... and they knew about these things in Caanan did they ?

27 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I see ....  that explains everything .

... and they knew about these things in Caanan did they ?

Depends on who you are referring to when you say "they"

Based on your posts, I don't think you need any introduction to Esoteric interpretation of scripture

4 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Depends on who you are referring to when you say "they"

Canaanites , of course .

4 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Based on your posts, I don't think you need any introduction to Esoteric interpretation of scripture

True , but here we are dealing with your  esoteric interpretation of scripture .

29 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Canaanites , of course .

True , but here we are dealing with your  esoteric interpretation of scripture .

With the utmost respect, are you asking me to explain these things exoterically or esoterically?

There is a distinction, and you seem to have not been clear about that (ie asking for an esoteric interpretation of an exoteric population) 

But yes, they would have known, given the relationship and proximity to Egypt.  I dont think one needs to explain that these ideas are rife throughout Egyptian mysticism, right?

Edited by Shadow_self

Without explanations , background , and some factual demonstrations ,  etc    they are mere abstract postulations  . 

And one persons internal mental  abstract  postulations    ( like seeing the title 'land of Milk and Honey ' = transferred 'Egyptian tantric principles' ) does not necessarily hold validity with another's rational processes  .....

without further explanations, evidences, etc   - which are were not forthcoming , even after enquiry .

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Without explanations , background , and some factual demonstrations ,  etc    they are mere abstract postulations  . 

And one persons internal mental  abstract  postulations    ( like seeing the title 'land of Milk and Honey ' = transferred 'Egyptian tantric principles' ) does not necessarily hold validity with another's rational processes  .....

without further explanations, evidences, etc   - which are were not forthcoming , even after enquiry .

Not something I would consider postulation, and definitely not from me. It isn't my area at all...rather, merely things passed on from a practitioner of the esoteric arts (Western)

When someone can demonstrate some of seemingly impossible things under the stringently controlled circumstances that they were placed, have a strong theoretical basis and practical skills to boot....I tend to take their word on such matters....that plus the references to numerous texts supplied sitting  upon such practitioners bookshelves reinforcing said argument

Not my area of interest...but often a person to glean insight from, particularly pertaining to biblical narratives

But I know why you're saying this...All I would state is...these were those " you had to be there"  moments :)

Edited by Shadow_self

21 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Not something I would consider postulation, and definitely not from me.

21 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

It isn't my area at all...rather, merely things passed on from a practitioner of the esoteric arts (Western)

When someone can demonstrate some of seemingly impossible things under the stringently controlled circumstances that they were placed, have a strong theoretical basis and practical skills to boot....I tend to take their word on such matters....that plus the references to numerous texts supplied sitting  upon such practitioners bookshelves reinforcing said argument

Not my area of interest...but often a person to glean insight from, particularly pertaining to biblical narratives

But I know why you're saying this...All I would state is...these were those " you had to be there"  moments :)

Not from you then .   Okay , I will put it down to 'something you heard from another  that sounded convincing to you'.

Pity , it could have been an interesting conversation

https://phoenicia.org/pagan.html