As long as I can remember I've been having very vivid and realistic dreams. I started lucid dreaming when I was about 8. The first one I remember having was being in a pool and I started floating up towards the sun. I realized it wasn't possible and then I realized I was in a dream but I couldn't really control them at first so it was confusing.

Every night I have some kind of dream. It's like I'm in the same place/areas nearly each time. I could probably even draw a map of it at this point. Maybe I will at some point and post it here for fun. Sometimes the dreams take place on a planet with 3 suns or I'm flying in space and watching all these stars fall into each other and light starts warping all around. I don't feel any heat from the stars and I'm still technically far away from them even though it looks close because they're so huge. 

Sometimes there are certain dreams that stand out, or they're repeated over and over and over. One of the most repetitive ones I have is that I'm walking through the woods or a town and I either go into a building with a basement or find old ruins that have stairs going underground. I always walk down the stairs and see dozens of corpses and skeletons laid out on slabs like it's some sort of catacomb. Sometimes I just walk out and go on exploring, and sometimes I have to kill one that's still alive.

There are dreams other people have that I've had variations of. Like the "old hag" dream. I had this once but she never got into my house or tried to suffocate me. She was just outside my window looking into my room and eating a raw rabbit. Then she noticed me looking at her and I freaked out and jumped out of bed to go get a knife because I had some idea I needed to kill her. Halfway to the kitchen I kind of came to my senses and realized she probably wasn't real. It was more like a hallucination instead of a dream I think since I was able to get up and react like that I was definitely awake. I say "she" very loosely. I get the idea that it was a female but she was so disgusting and inhuman I can't really say for sure.

I loveee to talk about dreams with people and to hear about their own. I am also looking for some good resources on dream interpretation if anyone has any. There are certain symbols or objects in my dreams that I take maybe as I good omen, like the three suns. I never really looked into meanings of my dreams but sometimes it seems like I'm supposed to take something away from them but I've never taken it seriously.

Edited by nems
Posted too soon without text

My favorite dreams are the ones where I'm flying.  I have recurring nightmares of getting lost in a crowd.

• Like 1

One I had  a while back was so classic 'dream world' (and funny )  it stayed with me ;

I am riding my old Triumph motorcycle but down the road I used to have to walk to go to school . The residents of the houses are the nurses I used to work with and they where  sun baking in bikinis on sun lounges on the road . I have to swerve in and out of them, but loose control and drop the bike . It splits in half lengthways and is hollow, like those model aeroplanes I used to make as a kid. Then my mother comes out one of the houses and yells at me .

:)

• Like 2

On 17/11/2021 at 1:02 AM, nems said:

As long as I can remember I've been having very vivid and realistic dreams. I started lucid dreaming when I was about 8. The first one I remember having was being in a pool and I started floating up towards the sun. I realized it wasn't possible and then I realized I was in a dream but I couldn't really control them at first so it was confusing.

Every night I have some kind of dream. It's like I'm in the same place/areas nearly each time. I could probably even draw a map of it at this point. Maybe I will at some point and post it here for fun. Sometimes the dreams take place on a planet with 3 suns or I'm flying in space and watching all these stars fall into each other and light starts warping all around. I don't feel any heat from the stars and I'm still technically far away from them even though it looks close because they're so huge. 

Sometimes there are certain dreams that stand out, or they're repeated over and over and over. One of the most repetitive ones I have is that I'm walking through the woods or a town and I either go into a building with a basement or find old ruins that have stairs going underground. I always walk down the stairs and see dozens of corpses and skeletons laid out on slabs like it's some sort of catacomb. Sometimes I just walk out and go on exploring, and sometimes I have to kill one that's still alive.

There are dreams other people have that I've had variations of. Like the "old hag" dream. I had this once but she never got into my house or tried to suffocate me. She was just outside my window looking into my room and eating a raw rabbit. Then she noticed me looking at her and I freaked out and jumped out of bed to go get a knife because I had some idea I needed to kill her. Halfway to the kitchen I kind of came to my senses and realized she probably wasn't real. It was more like a hallucination instead of a dream I think since I was able to get up and react like that I was definitely awake. I say "she" very loosely. I get the idea that it was a female but she was so disgusting and inhuman I can't really say for sure.

I loveee to talk about dreams with people and to hear about their own. I am also looking for some good resources on dream interpretation if anyone has any. There are certain symbols or objects in my dreams that I take maybe as I good omen, like the three suns. I never really looked into meanings of my dreams but sometimes it seems like I'm supposed to take something away from them but I've never taken it seriously.

I was a bit rushed yesterday .    Of course , the best person to analyse our dreams are ourselves  as we are the ones that know the most detail about our lives and  the particular meaning of any symbolism to ourselves .

However there are generally accepted meanings . a large body of water can represent the unconscious. Floating up through it towards the sun can represent a link being made between consciousness and the unconsciousness or communication between 'Superconscious' , 'self' and unconscious self  .   Going underground is one , which , of course, represents the 'underworld' .

IMO - Some basic dream interpretation of major symbols , some mythology study and put in the context of your own experience would  be a lot better than anyone else interpreting the meaning of your dreams for you .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

I was a bit rushed yesterday .    Of course , the best person to analyse our dreams are ourselves  as we are the ones that know the most detail about our lives and  the particular meaning of any symbolism to ourselves .

However there are generally accepted meanings . a large body of water can represent the unconscious. Floating up through it towards the sun can represent a link being made between consciousness and the unconsciousness or communication between 'Superconscious' , 'self' and unconscious self  .   Going underground is one , which , of course, represents the 'underworld' .

IMO - Some basic dream interpretation of major symbols , some mythology study and put in the context of your own experience would  be a lot better than anyone else interpreting the meaning of your dreams for you .

That is an interesting interpretation I didn't think of, pretty cool stuff.

And yeah, I think you're right. I feel like I keep looking for answers or a way to progress but haven't been able to find a place to start. I keep noticing a lot of problems with myself but I've been avoiding looking at them or admitting them but I know what they are and why they exist. It's like I'm denying the fact that I'm a person in a weird way.

8 hours ago, nems said:

That is an interesting interpretation I didn't think of, pretty cool stuff.

And yeah, I think you're right. I feel like I keep looking for answers or a way to progress but haven't been able to find a place to start. I keep noticing a lot of problems with myself but I've been avoiding looking at them or admitting them but I know what they are and why they exist. It's like I'm denying the fact that I'm a person in a weird way.

All selves have a lot of problems   :)   . Often,  denying or doubting we are a  person  seems based on the issue that said 'denier' is a rather unique person , not like the  'persons' they are surrounded by .

A way to progress  ?    Mine was through  an initiatory  'school' -  that's how people have done it for 10s of 1000s of years now .

Here is a document  that more than one of them ( the modern ones ) use as their central instruction 'manual'   ;

https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib30.htm

• Like 1

I have very vivid dreams, often about high school classmates or celebrities.  Many of my dreams are of a design that I don't believe I created.  I think that we have partial control in our dreams, but that the theme and setting are put forth by other beings somehow.