Tristan

Newbie.looking for tacher

As above im looking for a teacher but i live in the states to be specific  i live in loveland, ohio, United States.ive looked but the are none i am willing to use zoom or another type of video call 

And if you need my age i was born on may 8 2007 common era around 2200 hours

Edited by Tristan
  • Like 1

If you’re only 14, you’re too young for most cultivation practices.

The safest options are to practice Fragrant qigong (don’t learn it for free; most material is 100% wrong) from John Dolic, or to buy the Flying Phoenix DVDs from Terry Dunn.

Work on using these safe methods, stay away from chaos magic or trying to self-teach. You’ll end up harming yourself even if others encourage you to pursue more in-depth practice, as neither your body or mind can handle a lot of cultivation from credible systems and teachers, which you can begin with in your twenties for alchemy. This is my only warning for your safety, if you or others disagree, I’m not sticking around to argue.

If you’re after internal martial arts, it should be fine depending on the teacher.

Edited by Earl Grey

Hi Tristan, welcome to TDB.

Great that you are seeking a path of self-cultivation at so early an age. :)

When I was about your age, I started studying martial arts and Eastern philosophy (Zen, Daoism).

But everybody is different... What are you feeling most attracted to?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 11:02 PM, Earl Grey said:

If you’re only 14, you’re too young for most cultivation practices.

The safest options are to practice Fragrant qigong (don’t learn it for free; most material is 100% wrong) from John Dolic, or to buy the Flying Phoenix DVDs from Terry Dunn.

Work on using these safe methods, stay away from chaos magic or trying to self-teach. You’ll end up harming yourself even if others encourage you to pursue more in-depth practice, as neither your body or mind can handle a lot of cultivation from credible systems and teachers, which you can begin with in your twenties for alchemy. This is my only warning for your safety, if you or others disagree, I’m not sticking around to argue.

If you’re after internal martial arts, it should be fine depending on the teacher.

I am currently looking for a teacher of internal martial arts ive been doing research of my own and refining cheap techniques and making them better but it still is no where near the level of a teacher

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tristan said:

refining cheap techniques and making them better

This is actually quite dangerous...Self-initiation for individual methods removed from the context of a system is the leading cause of qi deviation and severe mental health problems at a minimum, alongside organ damage.

See here: https://forum.alchemical.garden/branch/wrong/

Really, find a martial arts teacher either in your area or online, and both Dunn and Dolic do teach multiple internal arts forms from Bagua to Taijiquan to Five Animals from Tao Tan Pai, White Tiger, and Shaolin Long Fist. You will however need to agree to their tuition, and unless you have generous parents, Dunn asks for at least $200 per session and Dolic is a bit less, but this depends on the technique and your commitment.

2 hours ago, Tristan said:

I am currently looking for a teacher of internal martial arts

Cool! I don't have any leads, but learn Bagua while you are young.