Seeking

The best thing you have learned from TDB?

Whatever popped into your mind. The thought that motivated you to click this thread. If it was a discussion, recommendation, course etc please feel free to link it up. Also you can discuss how it influenced your development or whatever else you wish that falls within the scope of this thread.

After all forums create interaction, interaction births inspiration and inspiration leads to action which loops again. As defined:

inspiration

[ in-spuh-rey-shuhn ]

noun
an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
something inspired, as an idea.
a result of inspired activity.
a thing or person that inspires.
Theology.
  1. a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
  2. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.

Such a beautiful word that points to even better experiences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“The best thing you have learned from TDB?“

How attached I can be to my own opinions.

• Like 2

“The best thing you have learned from TDB?“

The best thing is that folks here have a wide breadth of experience and knowledge and are usually happy to share. I've just recently returned after being gone for several years. It's great to see how much its changed, and I look forward to having my personal practice journal unlocked or woken up or whatever happens there. It's fun to see where I (and the world) was when I wrote the things. So much has changed. 

I guess the best thing is the interaction as you mention above, as well as having it documented for future reflection. 

• Like 3

dao has no favorites

sun shines and rain falls on all, regardless

no leaf has ever landed in the wrong place

(i learned that from nature, but dao bums has reinforced the realization)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

to find trust in myself, the wisdom of the way and kind strangers

even if both seemed rather hard for some time.

thanks to those with whom I could connect here.

glad you were and are there.

• Like 3

Dao Bums is the only social media I use, and my sparse level of posting gives no indication of the amount of time I spend reading discussions here. That sincere engagement helps keep me connected with the thoughts and experiences of other people whose life is centred on spiritual practice, and the insights I gain help deepen my understanding of myself and human nature in general.

I’m naturally reclusive and my day-to-day interactions are mostly spent in silent communion with the forest that surrounds me; with the natural elements and with the wildlife.  Taken as a whole, the discussions here teach me in ways that are complementary to the silence wisdom of nature. By feeling my way beneath the surface in both, and learning to discern meaningful interaction from the meaningless, the voice of Spirit becomes clearer to me. 

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 04/11/2021 at 10:43 PM, silent thunder said:

dao has no favorites

sun shines and rain falls on all, regardless

no leaf has ever landed in the wrong place

(i learned that from nature, but dao bums has reinforced the realization)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Found some contacts for good teachers and practices  that helped me reconnect with what I had learned many years ago in martial arts and to explore some automatic/spontaneous movement I experienced in my current yoga practice.

• Like 1

The following is how I discovered so much exciting stuff about my ancestors and myself thanks to TDB cultivation.

The last time I was posting about TDB, there was a big deal about lineage, especially concerning the various types of practices that are credible provable in some cases because of their lineage.

While growing up my physical relatives did nothing to let me know who I was or where my lineage really came from. So reading the various heart felt in-depth posts on lineage at TDB, cultivated my interest in my lineage and I began researching it on my own. I learned how much my life choices have been effected by my lineage, and why I enjoy working within what is sometimes called the unseen world of spirits.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarity
  • Like 3