Tristan

Questions

If anybody knows of any teachers in the United states please let me know and please let me know how to contact them

Hi Tristan, 

You may wish to be a bit more specific regarding what type of teacher you are interested in getting in contact with.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:08 AM, ilumairen said:

Hi Tristan, 

You may wish to be a bit more specific regarding what type of teacher you are interested in getting in contact with.

I see i am looking for a teacher who can teach me qi cultivation they have to be strict otherwise it will hinder my cultivation 

Hey man.  I saw your other post where you indicate that you're 14 years old.  It's cool that you're interested in Qi Cultivation, but if you're looking for something like Nei Gong or other internal cultivation, there are good reasons that you should wait to do that kind of thing until your body has finished going through the hormonal and physical changes that come with the teenage years.

If you want to prepare for Qi Gong, get yourself physically fit.  Don't need to go crazy with heavy weights but push-ups, pull-ups, squats, some cardio like swimming, some kind of martial art could be good.  Stretch, get in good shape, spend time getting to know your physical body.  You could look for some basic breathing meditation stuff and practice that as well.

What's the root of your idea about your ideal teacher's strictness?

• Like 3

On 12/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, SAMANTABHADRA said:

What's the root of your idea about your ideal teacher's strictness?

I imagine discipline is the aim?

On 08/12/2021 at 2:54 AM, Tristan said:

Very strict but praises for success 

Martial arts training is what you’re after.

Go for a teacher that’s well respected in your area - the style is not so important, it’s more important that the teacher and school are good. Look for schools that value virtue, skill and integrity - not aggression and winning at all costs (totally falling for the Miyagi Do vs Cobra Kai stereotypes here!) Generally wrestling, boxing, kick boxing, bjj etc tend to be popular and will likely have good teachers in your area… the more esoteric martial arts it’s generally very hit or miss.

Go for in-person training (not online). Avoid internal stuff until your 18+ Qi based stuff will not be of benefit at your age, not at all - but the strength and discipline from martial arts will be of great benefit - and will set great foundations for qi based stuff when you’re old enough.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2021 at 7:00 AM, freeform said:

I imagine discipline is the aim?

Martial arts training is what you’re after.

Go for a teacher that’s well respected in your area - the style is not so important, it’s more important that the teacher and school are good. Look for schools that value virtue, skill and integrity - not aggression and winning at all costs (totally falling for the Miyagi Do vs Cobra Kai stereotypes here!) Generally wrestling, boxing, kick boxing, bjj etc tend to be popular and will likely have good teachers in your area… the more esoteric martial arts it’s generally very hit or miss.

Go for in-person training (not online). Avoid internal stuff until your 18+ Qi based stuff will not be of benefit at your age, not at all - but the strength and discipline from martial arts will be of great benefit - and will set great foundations for qi based stuff when you’re old enough.

Thank you very much

• Like 2