waterdrop

How you interpert this results ?

I asked the yi-jing   - what i should do next in my life   (like whats my next move  (not in going to bathroom but bigger ones)   whats the direction ?  and the results were           11  with changing line in the second  (changing nine)   ........  which changes to a 36                 

and the hidden hexagram is 54 

im  dont know how to interpret it  at all

On 10/26/2021 at 2:20 AM, waterdrop said:

I asked the yi-jing   - what i should do next in my life   (like whats my next move  (not in going to bathroom but bigger ones)   whats the direction ?  and the results were           11  with changing line in the second  (changing nine)   ........  which changes to a 36                 

and the hidden hexagram is 54 

im  dont know how to interpret it  at all

Hi,

Hex 11 is three yang lines supporting three yin lines - which is 'correct' in other words the right way round and suggests that where you are at now is actually not that bad. (?)

The moving line 9 in 2nd place is about walking a central path and avoiding extremes.  This suggests to me that the Ching is advising you against taking on any big tasks at this time - but staying balanced and trying to live in a modest cultivating kind of a way.

The hex 36 is about hidden brilliance - the sun after it has set or the winter solstice - so its about not being a shining light in the world but working internally like the sun under the earth.

This is just my thoughts by the way - feel free disregard if it doesn't seem to apply.  In my experience the Ching is always right but sometimes its answers take a while to chew over before you get what it is saying.

Ragards

A.

• Thanks 1

@Apech

Thanks good and helpful reply  -   so will further say  (my main issue now from below is how to apply 36 to my life - all the rest are mini bonus thoughts that can be ignored )  :

What you said about 11 and changing line  -   seems to make good sense  and fit my situation - and my conclusion i got to now (After asking) by myeslf as well without connection to the i ching results ....  though isnt that advice holding for most people anyway (taking a balanced approach and doing small tasks ) ?

The changing hex 36 is hard to interpret for me  - cause if i look at it myself  i would think  :  11  seems a good hex   and from that it changes to hidden brilliance  which doesnt seem as good   -  so i would think my good situation will change into a future bad one

and even after reading what you read about 36   im not sure what it means for my life  - how to apply it  - talking about  : 

so its about not being a shining light in the world but working internally like the sun under the earth.

maybe i can interpret it as not trying to change my relationship with my family or try to help them and just focus on meditation and other spirtual stuff   - but not sure at all

you dont look at hidden hexagram ?

i ching is always right... but not always the most accurate ?     damo mitchell way of doing it demands a good amount of effort  - which this time i didnt do  like lighting incense or meditating before  (but still i had ok concentration so i see it as a good reading even if not best) 

Edited by waterdrop

1 hour ago, waterdrop said:

@Apech

Thanks good and helpful reply  -   so will further say  (my main issue now from below is how to apply 36 to my life - all the rest are mini bonus thoughts that can be ignored )  :

What you said about 11 and changing line  -   seems to make good sense  and fit my situation - and my conclusion i got to now (After asking) by myeslf as well without connection to the i ching results ....  though isnt that advice holding for most people anyway (taking a balanced approach and doing small tasks ) ?

I believe you asked about what to do 'next' specifically?  Of course keeping to the middle way is good advice for everyone - but there are people and times when say, risk taking or going out on a limb, radical change of life or trying to undertake some dramatic quest might be right ... but I think it is suggesting not for you right now.

The changing hex 36 is hard to interpret for me  - cause if i look at it myself  i would think  :  11  seems a good hex   and from that it changes to hidden brilliance  which doesnt seem as good   -  so i would think my good situation will change into a future bad one

and even after reading what you read about 36   im not sure what it means for my life  - how to apply it  - talking about  : 

maybe i can interpret it as not trying to change my relationship with my family or try to help them and just focus on meditation and other spirtual stuff   - but not sure at all

I don't think it's so much good or bad that you need to think about.  In this case there's an 'as above so below' sense in which the sun setting or being at its most hidden just means energy consciousness is internalised.  In the winter plants go dormant in seeds within the earth - which is the right and appropriate thing to do - waiting for the conditions to arise which will allow growth into outer expression i.e. the Spring.  I think maybe it is saying focus on inner energy work or meditation for now.  Obviously this might change in the future when the time will arise to be more outwardly dynamic and so on.

you dont look at hidden hexagram ?

i ching is always right... but not always the most accurate ?     damo mitchell way of doing it demands a good amount of effort  - which this time i didnt do  like lighting incense or meditating before  (but still i had ok concentration so i see it as a good reading even if not best) 

the hidden hex is called Marrying Maiden and I feel this emphasises a theme of inner housekeeping - the maiden gets married goes to her husband's house and takes charge of the running of the household.  It suggests perhaps that you have some inner sorting out to do, getting things organised and so on - a bit like Jordan Peterson's 'clean your room' ... I don't use hidden hex's much so just reflecting what I feel here.

My own perspective on reading the I Ching is that if you ritualise it - that is for your own benefit - to set your mind in the right kind of reflective state.  I would say the reading is always accurate - but sometimes a little obscure or hidden - and if you feel that using the I Ching is going to be helpful keep a record of your questions and answers so you can go back later and reflect on the interpretation and so on . This way you can build confidence and skill in reading the results.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replies

i did now an online reading   -        in a website you put a link to in another post  -   i think damo mitchell is apposed to online i ching as much as coins .... and this website has it done via coin method at that ...

but anyway i asked a similar question there   -  "am i advancing the right way with what im doing now ? "             (while now doing small actions to imrpove nothing big)       and got   hexagram  55    which change to 21

the changing lines are  9 in the third and  6 at the top 

it seems again that 55 is great just like 11  ... and by this i see it as i am in a great direction  , correct ?             than  9 in the third also seems good and means im in a good path  , correct ?                 6  at the top seems  it might be bad though no ?  

about 21 not sure how to interrupt it  :  ( specifically the bold part which seems to talk about stronger measures  - which seems the opposite of slow progress  (unlike "biting through" which seems to fit slow steady progress) )

THE JUDGMENT

BITING THROUGH has success.
It is favorable to let justice be administered.

When an obstacle to union arises, energetic biting through brings success. This is true in all situations. Whenever unity cannot be established, the obstruction is due to a talebearer and traitor who is interfering and blocking the way. To prevent permanent injury, vigorous measures must be taken at once. Deliberate obstruction of this sort does not vanish of its own accord. Judgment and punishment are required to deter or obviate it. However, it is important to proceed in the right way. The hexagram combines Li, clarity, and Chên, excitement. Li is yielding, Chên is hard. Unqualified hardness and excitement would be too violent in meting out punishment; unqualified clarity and gentleness would be too weak. The two together create the just measure. It is of moment that the man who makes the decisions (represented by the fifth line) is gentle by nature, while he commands respect by his conduct in his position.

Edited by waterdrop

also would like to add a remark that damo mitchell gives specific reasons for many of the stuff done  -  like using the yarrow stalks is not something of ritual only or getting into a meditation mode but also that the its something like it harms the results accuracy to use coins   -   and for example the incense sticks  are for cleansing the room  - and kept burning to keep the energy moving  in the room during the deviation  

i would  love to ignore all this  -  i defintly for example do not like the smell of the incense sticks sticking to my clothes etc  ...   i can think of a milion different stuff if its just about having a ritual  but it seems its more than that  in many of the stuff he says should be done

@Apech    i have also asked the online i ching now  "Should i use online i ching or only the i ching the way damo says ? "

i got hex  15    ... with a changing six in the second        ................       and it changes to hex 46

(i dont practice neigong with damo  any more just for the record (not cause his a badteacher or anything like that of course)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waterdrop said:

@Apech    i have also asked the online i ching now  "Should i use online i ching or only the i ching the way damo says ? "

i got hex  15    ... with a changing six in the second        ................       and it changes to hex 46

(i dont practice neigong with damo  any more just for the record (not cause his a badteacher or anything like that of course)

What do you think the answer means?

@Apech 

well if it was an answer to my previous question than first hex  and its line  would been very clear and obvious   but for this question its not the clearest  :  modesty maybe means online is good cause its done with modest means compared to what it takes to devinate in the "real world"   ?

on the changing hex it says stuff like " this pushing upward is associated with effort, "     and the way damo teaches to do i ching takes more effort   .... on the other hand i see also  " The pushing upward is made possible not by violence but by modesty and adaptability. "      ... and maybe modesty is using the online one ?