opalstjames

Kunlun compatibility with meditation

In the book Max talks about not mixing certain types of practices with Kunlun.

Would this apply to Dzogchen, or other types of meditation?

Stillness type meditation is fine at any time. Mantras are fine to do at a separate time of day. Standing type drills are fine to do before Kunlun. Tai chi type drills are fine to do (I'd put it before Kunlun) Energy circulating practices/kundalini practices might not mix well with Kunlun, best not to.

That's what I've been able to glean so far.

Since this is a Kulun thread, I'll just put my question here.

I've started doing a few sessions ; I'm either in the process of letting go and getting the energy started or flapping around like a fish, all my vertebrae getting rolled, wondering how much I can take before I slow it down.

So what ought one spend the majority of a kunlun 1 session doing if it were 1 hour?

In the book Max talks about not mixing certain types of practices with Kunlun.

Would this apply to Dzogchen, or other types of meditation?

hi yoda,

thanks for the info. with "standing type thrills" do you mean "Normal" health qi gong exercices while standing?

like filling the dantians, opening the meridians and so on.

love jan.

Jan,

I'm just running on my interpretations of Chris's quickly worded remarks, but I think simple standing, breathing stuff is fine.

Asprin,

I'd say go with it as long as it's comfortable and maybe request to go more slowly at first.

Yoda

Stillness type meditation is fine at any time. Mantras are fine to do at a separate time of day. Standing type drills are fine to do before Kunlun. Tai chi type drills are fine to do (I'd put it before Kunlun) Energy circulating practices/kundalini practices might not mix well with Kunlun, best not to.
Sounds like you have a good feel.

I've started doing a few sessions ; I'm either in the process of letting go and getting the energy started or flapping around like a fish, all my vertebrae getting rolled, wondering how much I can take before I slow it down.
Past some of the physical opening there are pockets of quiet space. You might consider doing some physical warm-up prior to kunlun (or at some other period of the day, even). Such as intu-flow (opens up the connective tissue) and self-acupressure (opens up points, channels) and/or whatever works for you. :)