Earl Grey

Feedback about 小梦想's neigong seminar?

Hey everyone, if you attended the seminar, what did you think? Post your thoughts here! 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

Rudi is a natural teacher and is infinitely patient.

His style is very casual yet based in deep knowledge and he made all feel welcome and included.

The time seemed to zip by and his instructions and plan for future learning was cohesive and engaging.

There was ample time for questions and all in all I thoroughly enjoyed the event and can recommend it to anyone. The zoom format worked well and ongoing support and discussion means you are not left confused and we can share experiences with fellow students.

Edited by themjay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I'm Anta. I don't really post here but I thought I'd add to the feedback.

Regarding Rudi's attainment - that one is obviously true. He's as legit as you're gonna find and he knows his stuff. Period.

What made this seminar good though is that he's a gifted teacher, and I don't say that a lot. He's patient, kind and answered all of our questions. I feel like I have a very clear path forward and the ability to ground my energy - which is very important to me. He emphasized the health aspect of cultivation, which was good, since I (and others) are recovering from stuff. I'm not really sure what to say except that I wish I had this chance when I was younger.

Maybe I wouldn't have appreciated it as much :-), but I sure as hell do now. I'll talk about sensations, etc... as I progress, but I'm an amateur, so don't expect much from me right now haha.

• Like 6

Agree very much with what has been said about the seminar and teacher. Safety and health was stressed throughout the teaching which was was very clear, systematic and patiently given out, with much time given to all the questions.

The practices are simple, elegant and gentle enough for most people to take on, they also fit easily into a busy day.I think most people in the seminar had some signs of success with the practices and there's plenty of ongoing support for further questions. My feeling is that these practices do exactly what it says on the tin. I'm really happy I signed up and would like to thank the teacher for blazing the trail  and making these practices available in a very user friendly format....
It'll be interesting to see how things develop....
Edited by Andy_W
  • Like 5

Yes anyone who is interested in learning Authentic Neigong, definitely learn it from Rudi. He gives a very clear, and straight to the point lesson. Whenever you have questions he is available to answer them. I think you all on this forum would really benefit and be thankful for this opportunity and teaching. I finally am getting tangible results, only from a couple days from this practice. My health is improving and I have a better understanding of how this energy is truly supposed to work. Not like the fake schools out there who forget their foundation principles, and throw you for a loop. Very good class I recommend.

• Like 3

The seminar was well worth the time and cost. It's worth it for the Stillness practice alone. If you're serious about developing Neigong, then it's absolutely worth it.

As everyone has said, Rudi is a calm, patient teacher. He provided clear instruction in all the various practices.

Both during and after the seminar, he's been extremely generous with his time in answering questions that have come up. 

I like that we weren't "primed" with theory, history, or mythic stories. He did advertise the ability to generate electric qi as a long-term potential benefit, along with some stories about his teacher, but really the emphasis was on simple, direct and practical exercises for inner development. And they are surprisingly easy to fit into your day or existing practices if compatible.

I've been trying to track down proper instruction in one of these practices for the past 9 months and Rudi delivered. Already feeling some improvements in my health and sense of well being.

• Like 4

Hi I enjoyed Rudis neigong seminar. It was very informative. And worth the money. I would recommend anyone thinking of doing his neigong course to do so. 

• Like 2

I endorse what others participants have said. 

Rudi is very kind and infinitely patient in answering questions (and with technical problems too).

Moreover, the practices seems very simple but are very deep, and are scheduled in such a way that you are cultivating all day long.

And in few weeks you start to feel progress. 

• Like 3

Had a really interesting post in the groupchat which I wanted to share here because the person is not a daobums member. 

"

The warmth in practice has seemingly become more stable--it arrives very quickly in seated practice in my lower abdomen, and goes into my forearms in waigong. The character of this warmth is so interesting, because it is something I have only had arise spontaneously (and without daily regularity) in wuwei practice. No youwei qigong/daoyin/internal martial arts practice has ever triggered it for me... I've done a lot of practices and stuck with some of them for several years before changing tack--it's unlikely they would ever have produced this result even after 10 years, or maybe 100. I actually eventually concluded that generating internal warmth was not really possible, short of perhaps learning tummo from a Tibetan monk, because even teachers of mine who promised me that this or that posture or movement could do it never gave me anything that produced results (and I was the kind of guy who spent years practicing 3 to 5 hours a day).

The warmth feels a bit like an infrared lamp used in some acupuncture clinics... Or like a moxa stick held at exactly the right distance, or sitting near enough a fireplace to be pleasantly warm, but not enough to get dried out and overheated. It's a bit cloud-like, if that makes sense. The main thing is that it's got this "Goldilocks" character--it's like it's the exact right temperature to feel pleasant and nourishing. It's clearly the product of something good happening in my body.

For the last two nights in stillness, the warmth has extended into my kidneys, making them feel pleasantly toasty. In the neigong practice last night, it subtly rose up the center of my back in the final minutes. After stillness, it lingered for at least 45 minutes as I talked on the phone with a friend. It is really interesting was how I could even feel this warmth filling in the joints closest to my fingertips.

"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, just thought I'd give Rudi's course a review since I've been here for almost a month:

A lot of my post covid symptoms - especially breathlessness seem to have all but vanished. Additionally, the problem I had with a lot of energy in the UDT has disappeared too. I also had this weird thing where I had body chills as a leftover symptom and it's also pretty much gone. I'm SUPER thankful. I also had some progressive effects with the other exercises, but I don't think it's relevant to post here.

• Like 7

I'm late to the party with my feedback, but I'll just say this:

Stop whatever you're doing and just take Rudi's course. It's real, it works. My health is better and it binds all of my practices together in a way that allows a perfect synthesis, bringing together health benefits and transformation. 

It makes whatever you do better and allows you to determine what's real and what's Cheeze-Whiz. No fluff, no self-promotion, no nonsense: straight to the point and easy to practice. 

Rudi is a good guy, not just because he's my friend, but because he knows his shit and doesn't need to prove anything since the practice and the results speak for themselves. 

A well-organized course, good instruction, simple techniques, ongoing support, and great lineage at a very reasonable price: need I say more? 

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Is the course going to be offered again?

November. Check the website. 

www.authenticneigong.com 

• Thanks 1

I used to be on here a lot when I was 10-15 years younger, thinking I knew stuff. Mostly arguing on behalf of this group or that group. You know how we do. I went and deleted it all. Glad I'm over all that.

Anyway, it seems like this Neigong is really for the people who love to practice regularly and are open to the notion that faqi is but a clear, undeniable indicator of having enough qi to continue on to real applications of that qi in cultivation or medicine. I'd say from my little experience so far, it could also be for those who simply want better health or want to fix deviations from other practices.

I'm here for the former, but finding I need the latter. And of course just a few weeks into the practice, I don't have a lot to report in the way of results beyond what has been described already by others here. But I have experienced some healing already.

I had some wild qi due to practicing incorrectly with other groups amidst great work stress. It involved unwanted interaction with electrical devices and oversensitivity to practice sensation. I thought this was progress at first, until it became really uncomfortable. I also developed some acid reflux/bloating which may or may not have been a part of that. Rudi correctly diagnosed my issues via telegram as deviation and being too yang from previous unbalanced waigong practice. He prescribed doing just the stillness part of the training for a while.

So now the stillness practice I learned from Rudi tames that wild qi, leaving me feeling warm and calmly energized. I am no longer interacting with electrical devices. I am much less sensitive to the practice sensations the were generated fro doing stuff wrong in previous practice. A bit of simple dietary advice from Rudi has eliminated the reflux for 5 days now.  

Not too shabby for a few weeks in. I have just started the neigong this week and I'm easing into it. 

As for benefits of Rudi's teaching style and methods:

-Rudi is known amongst others who can faqi. He checks out there.

-The practice is very simple if we let it be. 

-Rudi is very patient with us and our questions when we don't let it be simple. 

-Practice is spread out through the day in short sessions, which seems to have the side benefit of training one slowly over time to get in and out of the desired states quickly.

-The class is via zoom and telegram for these beginning stages which is unheard of for this type of already rare neigong. 

-Rudi is dedicated to de-mystifying everything, yet retains enough explanation to ensure you aren't making up false results for yourself. 

-Considering what everyone else has had to endure to receive this training before us, we are extremely spoiled and fortunate. It is  inexpensive at roughly the price of one car payment if you live in LA. If you want to do the ongoing training, it is less than your cellphone bill monthly. 

So, highly recommended if you are into this sort of thing. Get it while the gettin' is good. 

Edited by Uncle Fester
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Some more interesting feedback....

"

Some updates...

In the first couple of weeks practicing waigong, I noticed warmth reaching my wrists. Last week, it started to fill the laogong points, like circles of warmth in the middle of each palm. Today the warmth filled my palms and fingers. 

It's interesting because I practiced a form of waigong before that is designed to help medical practitioners have warmth and qi in their hands (it's not for emitting qi, though). That set really does work, and I've seen many people get the promised results. However, it requires a good 40 minutes a day, and uses a lot of fairly complex alternating tension, movement, and intentional guiding to get results, and the warmth it creates is noticeably of a different character from this waigong. With that method, after a long, good session, my hands would be full of blood and therefore warm. With this waigong, the heat just seems to arrive on its own, very quickly. I suspect neigong and stillness practice have to be maintained to get that effect, though.

In stillness I'm starting to get more body-wide warmth, often resulting in a tiny bit of a sweat breaking out on my forehead.

Last week the temperature here suddenly dropped 10°C and it stayed cold for several days, but lots of places kept their ACs on, resulting in a lot of time spent in rooms that felt like refrigerators. It was interesting to note that even as my limbs sometimes became frigid, my lower abdomen stayed toasty. When I left the cold rooms, I warmed back up quickly, sometimes with the heat starting to noticably return at my kidneys before my whole body warmed.

"

• Like 1

I just wanted to say once again, many thanks to Rudi for putting himself out there and offering this path.

I have tread upon many dead ends over the years and I find the pragmatism and simplicity of Rudi's path a welcome change.  I am also impressed by his continual monitoring of our progress/problems along the way so we will not deviate too far.  I enjoy his continual inclusion of his own journey with such teachers as Master Zhou, which is a real treat for all of us.

He has active Discord and Telegram channels which I have found incredibly useful, not only for community but to ask general questions, no matter how basic.  This is what I have missed so much in years past, where I was just fumbling in the dark and had to depend on my own faith to keep going.

I have taken a lot of chances in the past and this is one of the best things I have done over the decades, IMHO,  to further my own development.

R

• Like 3

I took Rudi’s November neigong class and it was seriously the best decision of my life. I’ve previously studied with many masters over the last 12 years, and this is the first time I’ve encountered “no bullshit” instructions on how to actually cultivate the lower dantian. I’ve practices many techniques from the popular teachers out there who claim their system cultivates the lower dantian, but I’ve never succeeded.

The practices are very simple, just 3 sets of exercises, easy to fit into any kind of schedule, and very effective. Just 2 weeks of the stillness practice and the many qi sensations I’ve previously experienced had stopped, and now I just feel gentle heat in the lower abdomen.

The waigong practice is what I love the most. I’ve felt noticeable improvement in my other qigong practice as a result of the waigong, especially when doing hand movements. It’s really effective, and I can’t wait to see what happens after 6 months.

The neigong part is what we’re all here for, it’s very simple and easy. I can’t tell what kind of effect it has yet, but it’s only been 2 weeks so I will report back if anything changes. It worked for Rudi, so I trust that it will work for me. 

The greatest benefit I’ve gotten is actually changing my sleep habits. For a very long time, I’ve been sleeping past 2am. After Rudi explained the relationship between sleep, diet, exercise, and neigong progress, I switched my sleep schedule to 11pm… something I haven’t been able to do for decades. I’ve always considered my diet to be pretty good, but I’m now making some small changes to make it better. These lifestyle changes may seem minor, but I’ve notice a big difference already (not gonna go into the gory details of my bathroom experiences). 

Best of all, Rudi is an excellent and patient teacher, very generous with his knowledge. There is no fluff in the class, everything he covers is succinct and vital to progress in neigong. I recommend this course for anyone interested in neigong, get in before before it’s too late. It’s difficult to manage a huge group, so I don’t expect these classes to be offered forever.

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 5

Hi. Any other news from the group? I would like to read more impressions about the system. I am waiting to take the clsses( I'm rooting for the pound sterling price to decrease in relation to the Brazilian Real). Things are not so good in third world countries.......

• Like 2

There is a ton of amazing feedback in both telegram and discord. Maybe if they see this message they might come give some more feedback. But to clarify, for me amazing feedback is health improvement, feeling more energetic, having yearly medicals come back better than ever, not having the horrific energy deviations some had when they started, feeling more positive in life, happier and more calm in stressful situations.

As health improves so does the benefit and speed at which you cultivate.

I am doing a new seminar on this saturday 26 February, and I am willing to reduce the cost to £50 for anyone who wishes to join, message me privately on here for a link or email at [email protected] or go to my website to sign up: authenticneigong.com.

It's a monthly membership after the seminar but can be cancelled at any time.

Edited by 小梦想
  • Like 3

After 3 months in this group, I can safely say that I am unlikely to succeed in cultivation without the support from telegram/discord group. For me, the balance between over/under exercising was the key to generating the heat in the lower dantian. What I considered light exercise turned out to be too much for my present health condition. Everyone is different, therefore the variables that affect cultivation are different and will change as you progress, and this is where individual guidance is essential. If Rudi didn’t correct my many mistakes, my progress would be much slower. Cultivation is my life’s passion, so £50/month is an incredible deal. For anyone hesitating because of a monthly subscription, just consider how much money you spend on weed 😛. 

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 4

Rudi is a very humble and genuine guy. What he isn't mentioning here, is that he is in Ukraine right now and woke up to explosions this morning. I imagine the call for feedback and price reduction might have something to do with wanting to get his ducks in a row in case he has to flee and put himself and his family into refugee status. 

So I want to support that with an update on how it is going for me now 5 months later. 

I had a bit of a head start in some ways, because I had done a few years of similar Waigong from a similar line of practice.So now after 5 months with Rudi, I am healthier. I've lost a good 25 lbs. The mellow energy of the stillness has permeated most of my days, with a balanced and stabled peacefulness. I react to stressful situations much more gracefully. 

But you want to hear about the qi of course, hehe. 

I am consistently and repeatedly showing signs that I am storing qi in the proper place now. I can warm myself up when I am cold, in a few minutes pretty consistently(though to be fair, we have only had a few days in the 50's this year here in LA). My lady has verified the external heat changes in my belly, along my spine and in the palms after practice as well.

I won't get too deep into that, not to preserve some great mystery, but because I wouldn't want to ruin the process of learning for anyone. Same goes for the theory. It is not better to know the theory beforehand IMO. It takes away your ability to discover it firsthand sometimes. Leads one down the wrong preconceived notion at other times. I think some of the theory paramedics around here do everyone a disservice a lot of the time without realizing it, even in the cases where the theory is correct or close to it. Personal opinion, no disrespect to any individuals intended. 

Anyway, the first group of us just learned a bit of the preferred qigong of Rudi's current teacher. The opening is unlike anything I have done. The first posture is very much like things I've done before (as were parts of the other practices taught). It's crazy what a difference it makes doing things in the right sequence. What was just some wavy hands nonsense in one context, is a real way of moving discernible qi in the correct context once you have gathered a little bit of qi. 

Of course I am still just at the beginning, with a tiny amount of qi, but it is nice to experience something that isn't "well maybe I feel little something." And the effects on my health are undeniable.

• Like 5

As Uncle Fester said, little by little we begin to feel and see signs of a better qi "accumulation". 

The three practices work in synergy generating qi, building the storage capacity of the dantian area and refinig qi.

They seem simple practices, specially i the first months but later as you begin to practice a little more you feel stronger changes. All that speaking about the practices, as for the teacher, we have him every day answering questions or giving feedback (even in this difficults situacions).

As for the group, we could say that we are a very supportive community, helping each other with conseil and encouragment.

So, I think this is a great opportunity to come and see and decide for yourself.

• Like 4