LoneWolf

Hi seniors, I am a newcomer to this group and I don't know anything about cultivation. I humbly request someone to inform me about the basics of cultivation, so that I can start practicing it. I apologize if I seem to be rude, but I am new to this so I don't know how to say something in my post. i really am sorry and i sincerely hope that someone can help me .

• Like 1

Hi LoneWolf,

You will find a wealth of information in the forum. You could use the search feature of the site (works best if you start from the Home Screen), or wander over to the new comer corner (where what you seek may be addressed). You could also start a topic in the forum proper (where more members are likely to read your post).

In any case, welcome, and please make sure you’ve read the three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and expectations.

warm regards,

ilu

On 9/15/2021 at 5:51 PM, LoneWolf said:

I humbly request someone to inform me about the basics of cultivation, so that I can start practicing it.

Hello and welcome! You might like the following thread:

It's never wrong to develop more wisdom and insight as far as any meditation and cultivation practice goes.

• Like 2

You can get a subscription to Damo Mitchell's internal arts academy if you can. It'll definitely pay off. If not, try some of the stuff below:

Start with some physical exercises (not too much), some intuflow, wall squats where you face a wall from an inch or two away and squat, etc.

Lam Kam Chuen has a playlist of Zhan Zhuang vids on YouTube. You could check that out and start practicing them everyday.

For the theory part, I recommend watching videos from Damo Mitchell's Youtube channel. You can also get his books on neigong and internal alchemy if you want.

Also, try these practices at your leisure. They are an year or two's worth of practices that can give you a very solid base for the real work.

Start introspecting. Look at and understand your thought patterns and where they come from. Is there something you react to violently? Stop yourself and inteospect. Look at how you effect the people around you and how they, in return, have an effect on you. Spend some time (half an hour maybe) simply sitting with eyes closed (pratyahara) to start taming the wildness within. Try looking at serious situations in a humorous manner. 

Lastly, a few points to remember. Don't chase after the best cultivation systems. Don't lust after immortality, enlightenment, qi sensations, supernormal powers, etc. Start working on the foundations from the ground up : The body through these exercises and the mind through introspection. This creates a causation chain where the qi starts balancing itself.

Again, definitely get a good teacher if you can.

• Like 5