dwai

Life, Death, Fractal patterns and spirals, simplicity and complexity

Was on a walk today and noticed the leaves turning yellow as fall sets in.

I closely inspected a leaf and noticed that the green in the leaf was gradually shrinking in a fractal pattern much the same as a plant grows in fractal patterns (branching fractal). 

Energy expands/moves in a spiral pattern (also a fractal pattern).

It dawned on me that the “dying” of the leaves, which is a recession of energy/life itself, follows a reverse pattern of “coming alive”.  

This triggered a memory of conversations that have happened here about simplicity and complexity. Some (most) people view life, energy, nature and awareness as complex. I (and most nondualists) consider awareness to be the most simple, most rudimentary “building block” (some call it existence itself). When this expands, and since awareness in motion is energy or life force, it does so in spiral patterns. When this expands at a large enough scale, it takes on the appearance of complexity (much like the plant, or even a leaf).

Is it plausible that what is considered life, is merely an expanding fractal of awareness/energy? Similarly, is what  is considered death, merely a reversal of said expansion? Kind of like inhalation and exhalation go together. You can’t have one without the other —  yang and yin, or yin and yang or simultaneously yin-yang, depending on what perspective one considers the process from. 

The outgoing breath can be considered as death, or it could be considered as making room for incoming breath, hence life. Or could it be considered both life and death at once — life-death, like yin-yang? 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

A big fan of fractals and spirals, and I do believe that paying attention to them can be a source of many interesting twists of perception.  

As for simplicity vs. complexity...  it's not a simple matter.  They somehow manage to coexist on all scales -- and what's more, what looks like simplicity on one scale may prove to be unimaginably complex on another...  and yet another fractal scale may reveal that this complexity has the simplest building blocks in its foundation... and yet another, that each of these simplest building blocks is in reality more complex than we could ever imagine...  and so on.  The same is true of awareness (but I'll leave that part out for the moment).  To illustrate: (do watch this if you have a few minutes, it's fun and awesome):

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was trying to find an amazing video that goes from microscopic to macroscopic scale which illustrates how simple patterns transform into complex systems. I’ll post when I find it. For now, here’s an interesting one —

• Like 2

An endlessly fascinating topic to me. 

@dwai Your description of that video reminds me of a documentary I found very potent.  It explores the holographic, hermetic fractal nature of reality and perception in great detail in a four part series.

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds  on the IMDB channel.

Also 'Limits of Perception' on Amazon, approaches this topic in a shorter format.

This is a journey from the smallest manmade hole - by removing just one single atom - to the edge of the universe. Man has finally succeeded in making the ancient dream of Greek philosophers come true.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@silent thunder seems to me that, only once the "fear" of death has evaporated, is when we can truly begin to enjoy life. Otherwise, it is a struggle for survival and our obsession with the fight to "stay alive". This manifests in the form of basic survival instincts, but also in the form of developing and working on "immortality projects" -- sometimes literal, but usually in the form of an unquenchable thirst for wealth, happiness, love, legacy, and so on.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

Best,

Dwai

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

Well said.

Awareness is untouched by death, spotless, unbreakable, clarion stillness, vast and well... unnamable simple bliss.

Edited by silent thunder
decided to share less
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, dwai said:

Was on a walk today and noticed the leaves turning yellow as fall sets in.

I closely inspected a leaf and noticed that the green in the leaf was gradually shrinking in a fractal pattern much the same as a plant grows in fractal patterns (branching fractal). 

Energy expands/moves in a spiral pattern (also a fractal pattern).

It dawned on me that the “dying” of the leaves, which is a recession of energy/life itself, follows a reverse pattern of “coming alive”.  

This triggered a memory of conversations that have happened here about simplicity and complexity. Some (most) people view life, energy, nature and awareness as complex. I (and most nondualists) consider awareness to be the most simple, most rudimentary “building block” (some call it existence itself). When this expands, and since awareness in motion is energy or life force, it does so in spiral patterns. When this expands at a large enough scale, it takes on the appearance of complexity (much like the plant, or even a leaf).

Is it plausible that what is considered life, is merely an expanding fractal of awareness/energy? Similarly, is what  is considered death, merely a reversal of said expansion? Kind of like inhalation and exhalation go together. You can’t have one without the other —  yang and yin, or yin and yang or simultaneously yin-yang, depending on what perspective one considers the process from. 

The outgoing breath can be considered as death, or it could be considered as making room for incoming breath, hence life. Or could it be considered both life and death at once — life-death, like yin-yang? 

I really love your train of thought. You remind me of myself. Its how i always think. Well let me give you my 2 cents. You see there are only 2 things in the universe that have zero dimensions. Awareness/consciousness and light. Matter is made of light and light is made up of pure consciousness energy. Like a great overmind(god) created the universe with his thoughts using light. Or light is what his thoughts are he himself is made of. It is proven darkmatter that which binds all galaxies and the whole universe is actually electricity which is not very different from light.  I heard this from a hyperion who's religion revolves around math. Its quite interesting.

Although i'm a little confused about parts of your post. I would like to talk about life and death. Like you said you can't have one with out the other because without one you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and the other wouldn't exist. But you see all opposites are tied on both ends. For example suffering creates contentment and contentment creates suffering. For example If your really hungry(suffering) when you get some food you will be really happy(contentment). If you eat your favorite food everyday(contentment) you will become sick of it and hate it(suffering). There are millions examples for just suffering alone and all opposites for that matter. You see one opposite literally creates the other. Its the white dot in the yin and the black dot in the yang. So imo that's how you truely explain the yin and yang symbol.

You said awareness in motion is energy. imo awareness or thoughts use energy to form brainwaves for ex. So thats why people in mediation clear their mind and relax to conserve energy and store compress ect. Energy is life force. It was proven in 2011 by guy who discovered hiv . He took a test tube filled it with amino acids ect then hit it with 7.83hz energy wave which is also the frequency of the planet aka schumann resonance. When he did the building blocks put themselves togethor to form dna. So you see the pulse of the planet itself is what creates life. There is also a pulse of the whole galaxy and universe too that i assume does the same.

When you talk about patterns i'm reminded of chladinni patterns which are formed by taking a metal plate then putting sand ontop of it and hitting it with a speaker at different frequencies the result is truely sublime. You can check out youtube salt table frequency you will find it fast. Imo its gods language he speaks in patterns.

Also all matter can't be destroyed it only can change form. Like with water solid liquid gas. I believe when we die the same thing  happens we just change form. So the words life and death are not defined accurately imo cuz we are dumb humans who make mistakes.

i really like your whole reversal of energy and life death ect. Cultivation is all about reversing the heavens and the natural order of things. As you age your energy depletes by reversing this process and storing compressing energy you will become younger and live longer. Its proven cells divide about 50 times then you die cuz your telomeres become shorter and cant make any more cells. Cells divide when their energy becomes low. So theoretically if the cells energy never depleted it would never split and you would live forever. Their are other factors that come into play but would take some time to explain.

I hope i covered most of your questions. Good luck and God Bless!!

Edited by ThreeLeaf