DrSomnibus

Research and starting out

I recently have acquired great interest in esotericism and Hermetic concepts and I figured I should find somewhere I could get questions answered. I attempted to learn about Wicca several years ago but found the more concrete religious aspects of it weren't for me. I do appreciate the self-development and understanding that the philosophical and technical parts of such a lifestyle, though. 

I’m still starting out and not sure what tradition I want to follow, if any. I do know that a good deal of my interests involve connection with natural phenomenon and the applications of drawing and writing in terms of affecting the world around me. Runes and seals are something I would like to look into. I am also curious about potential relationships between mysticism and more martial traditions like chivalry as I am a historian and practitioner of historical European martial arts. 

• Like 2

Hi DrSomnibus,

Welcome to the bums; your account is approved.

warm regards,

ilu

P.S. Please read the three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and expectations if you haven’t already done so.

Hi DrSomnibus!

Traditional martial arts are cool. What do you exactly practice?

@Zhongyongdaoist is very proficient with European hermetic tradition and its Neoplatonist past. Maybe you should look up what he has written around on TDB in case his approach resonates much more than Wicca.

This forum section could interest you:

https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/407-agrippa-textual-study/