Dev

Your opinion about reiki?

2 minutes ago, XianGong said:

That explains why I talk with some practitioners, who cannot travel public transport or feel constantly intoxicated around other human beings by negative energy.

When I travel I feel nothing. Even when I see dirt, it does not cling to me, nor does it influence my inner state.
If I was doing reiki, or any system like that, my "energy cocoon" would be without a firewall or natural protection.

This is why New Age folk love to say “You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!” and never think of their own garbage they create with this false dichotomy and insufferable holier-than-thou attitude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

“You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!”

Also, they are not truly sensitive, or able to scan deep through energies. They are just constantly irritated. :)  But, they think that irritation is a sign of higher sense and ESP powers.

It Reminds, of fruitarians telling everyone they have "detox" on fruits when they are actually having a carb/sugar overload and liver damage. Death of malnutrition =/= detox.

When "Qi" gets dense, it develops an anchor inside the body, that makes you more stable and protected in general.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Also, they are not truly sensitive, or able to scan deep through energies. They are just constantly irritated. :)  But, they think that irritation is a sign of higher sense and ESP powers.

It Reminds, of fruitarians telling everyone they have "detox" on fruits when they are actually having a carb/sugar overload and liver damage. Death of malnutrition =/= detox.

When "Qi" gets dense, it develops an anchor inside the body, that makes you more stable and protected in general.

Even without the Reiki, the power of suggestion and a framework that makes emotionally vulnerable people feel empowered is what draws people to this.

Power without responsibility? False authority? A nebulous idea of what is good and positive while casting out others for being “toxic and negative” when they really just don’t agree with their reality tunnel?

Nothing is positive or negative absolutely, but the absurdity of saying others are toxic and negative is a means of control. Actually, the toxic positive cult that is prevalent in Reiki doesn’t heal anyone if you just call others negative because you can’t control yourself when others challenge your weak paradigm... especially when your Law of Attraction is more wishful thinking and any results are rationalized rather than verified.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

This is why New Age folk love to say “You’re so negative! I can’t be around you!” and never think of their own garbage they create with this false dichotomy and insufferable holier-than-thou attitude.

Self delusion is rampant among the new agers. People get offended when I mention reiki causing healer’s disease. The problem is that they don’t even acknowledge it as a problem. They make excuses of why they are suffering and wear it like a badge of honor. If I had a dollar every time I hear “I’m an empath”, I could retire.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dreamwalker said:

Self delusion is rampant among the new agers. People get offended when I mention reiki causing healer’s disease. The problem is that they don’t even acknowledge it as a problem. They make excuses of why they are suffering and wear it like a badge of honor. If I had a dollar every time I hear “I’m an empath”, I could retire.

I could already write volumes of stories about the types I’ve met in and through Reiki, which is why I stopped it years ago... if the community isn’t fun and there’s nothing to help better me as an individual beyond platitudes, I think it’s like kids going through a Goth phase before growing up or getting stuck in it.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1

On 9-9-2021 at 8:21 PM, freeform said:

No - nothing like that. Just that in Reiki they believe that they’re using a universal source of energy - so it’s limitless and pure.

But in reality it can be very depleting (you’re using your own Qi), and almost always transfers ‘pathogenic’ Qi between the two people.

I heard  the source of reiki is a tengu demon. I cant say for certain wether its true.

but  there are actually a whole lot of reiki “masters” that have denounced it saying its no bueno

It isnt spoken about much however

theres also an alarming amount of people you can find that have had very negativr experiences with reiki and also dark visions  and other weird things happen after or during

just my 2cents

On 11-9-2021 at 7:33 AM, Earl Grey said:

I think people can claim it’s universal energy all they want, but when developing the neigong body, it most definitely is not universal energy. The awareness of how Reiki is working after development of this makes one realize Reiki isn’t universal divine energy working through you due to how the body is still transmitting. Most people who disagree have not developed this internal body.

It might not taste like what you think  poison should taste like because it’s sweet, but people die slowly from poisoned honey.

Its interesting that youd say that.

i heard the origin of reiki is a tengu spirits / demon  From the mauntain.  And that that it also siphons small amounts of energy from you. Its not universal energy according to what i was told

theres a pretty big group of people that have had dark experiences with reiki, i was a bit surprised about that originally

Edited by Takingcharge

On 8/30/2021 at 3:46 AM, Dev said:

I'm interested to know what the daoist interpretation of reiki is, which forms of chi, yin/yang, how and why?

My understanding of reiki is that it is 'divine' energy (from the heavens?) flowing through the person acting as a medium, in order to heal the receiver

Something about reiki always seemed off to me. I can't say what it is. It's just a feeling. I can't really put my finger on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Takingcharge said:

Its interesting that youd say that.

i heard the origin of reiki is a tengu spirits / demon  From the mauntain.  And that that it also siphons small amounts of energy from you. Its not universal energy according to what i was told

theres a pretty big group of people that have had dark experiences with reiki, i was a bit surprised about that originally

1 hour ago, EFreethought said:

Something about reiki always seemed off to me. I can't say what it is. It's just a feeling. I can't really put my finger on it.

Reiki may offer some healing, but often I find people practicing it become egomaniacs to the point that I knew one woman who has an entire cult around her healing abilities that some magicians identified as her already inviting demonic entities, whereas another woman used it to sexually prey on her clients and students and threaten them when they no longer submitted to her. She was Amber Heard and Evan Rachel Wood before they started their hoaxes (yes, both are hoaxes; look it up) and added the element of spiritual healing.

Those symbols are basically cattle brands that attract entity influence, while those who scoff at it have either never learned real faqi or too caught up in power delusions.

12 hours ago, Takingcharge said:

I heard  the source of reiki is a tengu demon.

As far as I know the originator took elements from a Daoist method of healing which utilises Ling Qi.

Ling Qi is a very refined form of qi.

However the ability to refine one’s qi to this level has largely been lost (let alone the ability to even generate excess qi to have something to refine). Only a limited number of masters and schools still have this ability. It’s even rarer than genuine fa qi.

Generating and using Ling is a lifetime practice. It doesn’t happen through imagining symbols.

Nowadays reiki simply involves people passing sick qi back and forth (this has some somatic effects - so it feels like something is happening). 

Sometimes one’s sick qi happens to balance out another’s sick qi… like pathogenic heat balancing out pathogenic cold - so symptoms may even feel like they’re alleviating. But in reality the cocktail of sickness has just been balanced out enough that it doesn’t express in the same way anymore. (But you’re left with more pathogenic information than before).

In some situations, when a practitioner is constitutionally very healthy, they may be able to pass healthy qi to the patient (in the very beginning of their career).

However the effect of this healthy qi is still hit or miss - because even healthy qi may destabilise someone’s inner equilibrium and cause harm.

And finally, using any ‘magical’ or talismanic approach opens one up for all sorts interference from different realms. 

Because Ling is a very pure spiritual quality of spirit expression, once it is misused according to our lower desires, it becomes ‘corrupted’ and can lead to a sort of karmic ‘devolution’ for those involved. That may have something to do with why reiki got so weird…

• Like 8

2 hours ago, freeform said:

As far as I know the originator took elements from a Daoist method of healing which utilises Ling Qi.

Ling Qi is a very refined form of qi.

However the ability to refine one’s qi to this level has largely been lost (let alone the ability to even generate excess qi to have something to refine). Only a limited number of masters and schools still have this ability. It’s even rarer than genuine fa qi.

Generating and using Ling is a lifetime practice. It doesn’t happen through imagining symbols.

Nowadays reiki simply involves people passing sick qi back and forth (this has some somatic effects - so it feels like something is happening). 

Sometimes one’s sick qi happens to balance out another’s sick qi… like pathogenic heat balancing out pathogenic cold - so symptoms may even feel like they’re alleviating. But in reality the cocktail of sickness has just been balanced out enough that it doesn’t express in the same way anymore. (But you’re left with more pathogenic information than before).

In some situations, when a practitioner is constitutionally very healthy, they may be able to pass healthy qi to the patient (in the very beginning of their career).

However the effect of this healthy qi is still hit or miss - because even healthy qi may destabilise someone’s inner equilibrium and cause harm.

And finally, using any ‘magical’ or talismanic approach opens one up for all sorts interference from different realms. 

Because Ling is a very pure spiritual quality of spirit expression, once it is misused according to our lower desires, it becomes ‘corrupted’ and can lead to a sort of karmic ‘devolution’ for those involved. That may have something to do with why reiki got so weird…

Thats interesting..

Yeah that reiki healers are often drained is pretty apparent if you look around id say most of them, ive seen it discussed here often as well.

if ling qi was ever a part of it.. id say those days are  long gone as you can learn it in a weekend nowadays and actually emitt chi, 

what i found interesting is though is that the person said usui left out that when usui climbed kurama mauntain where he came up with reiki, that he met sojobo there. Who is according to him the source of reiki. I looked up sojobo and hes the king of the tengu demons.  That are said to live on that maintain.

and that those symbols they attune you with are related to sojobo.

he said its a kind of nasty energy 

and that it contributes to why  many reiki practitioners are the way they are. Apparently this is fairly known in the erea around the mauntain that this is reikis origin.   That seems inline with what earl grey stated about the effect of those symbols

so i found that interesting,

because a surprising many people have dark  experiences w reiki, feeling hands on them, dark night mares immediatly after etc

Edited by Takingcharge

I still don't really understand how Reiki works at all. What actually is the underlying mechanism that allows ordinary people to just give out transmissions by drawing bunch of symbols? I know that their explanation is that the symbols they draw allows them to channel some kind of 'universal energy' but this barely answers to question of how.

I know that there are western magical groups that draw symbols to do something similar that Reiki does. But I am not sure how they even began to create such a thing. 

I want to understand it well enough that i could, in theory, replicate it (not that i will. Just for the sake of fully understanding the how). 

23 minutes ago, chaosbananaman said:

give out transmissions by drawing bunch of symbols

I have recently come across Biogeometry that uses symbols to alter biological energy

https://www.amazon.com.au/Biogeometry-Signatures-Ibrahim-Karim/dp/1537783882

I bought a home kit and have been surprised at how effective are their plastic devices - operating on quite high planes by my measurement. 

https://www.biogeometry.ca/home

Their main device has an inverse square field - unlike the Blushield devices

https://www.blushield-us.com/

I am not drawn to Reiki however.

Edited by Lairg