Is anyone familiar with . . .

1. The Pivot of the Way (Dao Shi, c. 1150) which, according to Wikipedia, describes an archaic form of this qigong
and 
2. The Ten Compilations on Cultivating Perfection (Xiuzhen shi-shu, c. 1300) features illustrations of all eight movements

any information or leads appreciated
thank you

found this online . . .

Taoism and Self Knowledge
The Chart for the Cultivation of Perfection (Xiuzhen tu)
Series: Sinica Leidensia, Volume: 142
Cover Taoism and Self Knowledge
E-Book ISBN: 9789004383456
Publisher: Brill
Print Publication Date: 13 Nov 2018

This work originally appeared as Taoïsme et connaissance de soi in 2012. Guy Trédaniel Editeur © Paris, 2012.
Cover illustration: Manifestation of the “Supreme Emperor of the Dark Heaven” (Xuantian Shangdi 玄天上帝), i.e., Zhenwu 真武, above the Mount Wudang in 1413. Da Ming Xuantian shangdi ruiying tulu 大明玄天上帝瑞應圖錄 (DZ 959), 16a–b. BNF 9546/952.
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
Names: Despeux, Catherine, author. | Pettit, J. E. E., translator.
Title: Taoism and self knowledge : the chart for the cultivation of perfection (Xiuzhen tu) / by Catherine Despeux ; translated by Jonathan Pettit.
Other titles: Taoisme et connaissance de soi. English

https://brill.com/view/book/9789004383456/BP000009.xml

Chart for the Cultivation of Perfection (Xiuzhen Tu)

ccp1.jpeg

ccp2.jpeg

will someone please translate the heading of the graphic. thanks

P.S. The Chart for the Cultivation of Perfection of Guangzhou was engraved in 1812 on  a  stele  erected  at  the  Palace of  the  Three Origins  (Sanyuan  gong  三元宫), a Taoist temple in Guangzhou. It is the first dated example that still exists.

Edited by Ano Eremita

Shi Heng Yi 八段锦 Ba Duan Jin

The names of the postures are:

ENGLISH / GERMAN:

Opening · 00:00

1) Pressing up to the Heavens / Beide Hände in den Himmel pressen · 01:30

2) Drawing the Bow / Den Bogen spannen · 02:40

3) Separating Heaven and Earth / Himmel und Erde spalten · 05:05

4) Wise Owl gazes backwards / Die weise Eule starrt zurück · 06:55

5) Big Bear turns from Side to Side / Der große Bär bewegt sich von Seite zu Seite · 08:50

6) Touching the toes and bending backwards / Die Zehen berühren und nach hinten beugen · 11:40

7) Clenching fists with an angry gaze / Die Fäuse ballen und grimmig Schauen · 13:25

8) Stretching the body / Den Körper dehnen · 18:40

Closing · 20:05

Edited by Ano Eremita

Nice camera and music but I do not think it is the best execution of this set. I would not trust anything what they teach now in Shaolin. The best explanation and execution I have ever seen were introduced by a wudang lineage practitioner who is the lineage holder and teaches many neikung systems and alchemical taiji in Latvia. He states they have ancient text on it in Wudang and that probably it was brought from Wudang to Shaolin. He has a lot of neikung training videos on the youtube and he seems to be very knowleagable teacher. But all his videos are in Russian. They call Ba Duan Jin as "8 gates of Primordial Qi" and initially it was not qigong set at all but part of the neidan training.   

Edited by Antares

Ba Duan Jin is my favorite qigong set. I learned several others but this one has always been my go to for health and healing injury and illness. I learned a set my teacher called Gu Shi Ba Duan Jin (ancient teaching of the 8 brocades). I'm not familiar with the resources you mention. There seem to be many variations on the theme.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Antares said:

I would not trust anything what they teach now in Shaolin.

i don’t know any better so i will learn from everyone

so i will look at your suggested videos as well

in my world there is no better or worse

just different experiences

Just now, Ano Eremita said:

in my world there is no better or worse

just different experiences

In Ba Duan Jin (as in all other internal arts) it is very important to observe certain internal principles in regard to the interconnection of the heart, yi and qi with movements. If these principles are observed then what you say is true, but so far as I can see it many people do it as a from of calisthenics with taiji like movements not having realization of the Qi flow and then it turns into a physical exercises which can benefit people but not to a degree of the alchemical transformation 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ano Eremita said:

i looked but cant find it

do you have a url

Do you understand Russian? If not then it will be useless. He talks a lot, read daoist scripture and then he shows the movements. Vitally important to understand every word he says 

Edited by Antares

1 minute ago, Antares said:

Do you understand Russian?

unfortunately not . 

but i would like to see him in motion

im a visual guy anyway

words don’t affect me as much as image (the practice) does

OK. Here he talks about and shows the1st movement and then explaining that it should open MCO. 

25 minutes ago, Antares said:

OK. Here he talks about and shows the1st movement and then explaining that it should open MCO. 

hey Antares

grateful to you 🙏

Edited by Ano Eremita

20 minutes ago, Antares said:

shows the1st movement

viewed just a little . amazing !

i can feel/see the intensity in a simple move

i’ve subscribed to his channel :)

will watch both tomorrow - it’s night time here

thank you again

be well

p.s. the only Russian i understand is the music of Rachmaninov and Prokofiev, to mention just two - and the master conductor Valery Gergiev is my favourite - and Mariinsky online

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ano Eremita said:

will watch both tomorrow

I like the Russian guy's (don't know his name) brevity and flow - like taichi

and I like the Shaolin guy's (Shi Heng Yi) longevity and holding the positions - like yoga

both appeal to me

eventually, I do my own thing 

thanks again Antares for another arrow in my quiver

• Like 1

His name is Yaroslav Solohubov and he is Ukranian. He is the head of the East-European Longmen' representation. I hope this is correct to apply the word representation in this case. His Chinese teacher is the chief of a the Southern Shaolin martial art centre.

They teach purely internal methods. The teacher of his teacher lived for 103 years. Previously  I mentioned Wudang in regard to this lineage and I was mistaken. They have no relation to Wudang. They teach Longmen taichi as the main method which might have preserved its alchemical core. So he has quite knowledgeable teacher and he is quite skilful in internal methods. It is vitally important to receive proper instructions in neigong training and as for Shaolin teachers I am not sure whether they provide explicit instructions and whether they have preserved internal alchemical methods. A few years ago I bought a book of Sifu Yan

Lei on Ba Duan Jin. I did not like it and have never practised it. To me it seems to be very external physical type of exercises. But this one I liked more than others from Shaolin 

• Like 2