小梦想

Teaching authentic neigong

11 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I had some emails from people worried that I might be dishonest about my level of cultivation and/or knowledge of neigong. Asking that I upload videos onto youtube showing faqi as proof. I don't feel comfortable uploading videos on youtube showing faqi but funny enough there is a video of me on youtube showing my first faqi, although i wasn't the one who uploaded it. I have tons of videos, I just don't feel comfortable uploading them, I don't know why, I just don't like the idea of them being there. 

I have been on this forum for as long as I have been in china, and only ever really took part in the discussions on dantian cultivation or trying to give information on cultivation because I had access to authentic lineages and teachers. I never intended to teach but that is just how things worked out. Maybe it's karma...

It would be very stupid of me to be offering to teach authentic neigong and not know it or plan to teach some generic, widely known practices. People will almost certainly ask after the seminar how it was, make a thread about it and I would lose my credibility completely I taught the same practices you can find in many neigong books.

Those who join the seminar will know my full name, know some of the teachers I work with and know my phone number. it would be silly of me, downright stupid really, to try and cheat or con people.

I trust you are offering authentic training. I think this is a blessing for the community but it’s up to us to recognize it. Many teachings are “self secret,” especially the simplest and most direct. You only see the value and get the meaning if your karma is right.

If I wasn’t completely committed to my practice, I would take the seminar. Folks are always going to be uncertain, that’s one reason why they’re signing up… All you can do is do your dance and transmit what you’ve learned. I wouldn’t share videos to placate curiosities. Some people will get something out of it, maybe something great, others won’t. Most won’t do the work with devotion.

I pray a few will!

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Like 6

@小梦想 I find the more one insists on proving himself, the more one doesn't actually have anything to show. Your acceptance of whether people believe you or not as seen in your communication and trust in yourself is enough to give anyone paying attention the signs they need to see you're not a great pretender. 

There is a kind of communication style and play with words the tricksters use, and there is a language used by those who don't have the formal training to understand what they're doing but are experiencing phenomena...which are ultimately just sensations rather than markers of development. 

What you have are three key ingredients that allow me at the very least to trust you even without being a friend of mine are 1) technical knowledge and understanding, 2) the ability to be concise and precise with your answers when conveying that knowledge, and 3) the acceptance of other people's preference to stick to what they know (or think they know) without needing to compete or distinguish yourself. 

Some tricks I've seen people use includes one notorious tactic of saying that those who reject them are not karmically connected to them, and those who follow their sales pitch are karmically bonded to them from past lives. My favorite one that was used on me? "You do not have the training or skill to be able to see how superior my skill and teachings are. When you practice what I teach you, then you will see...by the way, please send money before we begin."

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2021 at 11:28 AM, freeform said:

Try oats with dates

I do that every now and then, its rather yummy :D

On 03/09/2021 at 11:28 AM, freeform said:

You'll find local, traditional, seasonal peasant dishes from a few hundred years ago have almost perfect combinations of ingredients for good health.

Where I stay a few hundred years ago there were only hunter gatherers, so the 'dishes' were likely mainly roots and leaves. This is interesting though, I'm going to do a bit more research into the diet of the koi-san people, they were the originals in this climate. So should one adapt their diet to different climates? Its blazing hot here in summer, and pretty chilly in winter but never really gets below 8C in the day

On 03/09/2021 at 2:21 PM, freeform said:

Though saying that, some herbs and spices can be helpful in balancing a dish if not over-done.

I love using warm spices, so this is good news

On 03/09/2021 at 2:21 PM, freeform said:

Stir-fries are great especially in spring and summer

So I normally eat a lightly cooked salad every day, with cool vegetables (carrots, sweet pepper), some pungent veg (spring onions, leeks, onions, garlic), nuts and seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, almond), some chilli and some herbs n spices (cumin, oregano, thyme), and baby spinach. Is this overcomplicating it? Would you say that's warm or cool overall?

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Is this overcomplicating it?

It is. I mean you’ll obviously get nutritional benefits still - but it won’t be as efficient as eating a couple of ingredients - or even one ingredient at a time.

But then again, it won’t matter so much at the moment for you anyway as you’re yet to activate your Dantien. 

When on retreat I really simplify my diet down to individually verifiable ingredients… so a meal might consist of cooked spinach, a steamed sweet potato and a bunch of pressure cooked black beans.

Not mixed together… not flavoured with herbs/spices/salt… no oil added etc.

On a retreat, when energy is refined and attention is finely tuned and ‘present’ in every moment, you can clearly feel what’s happening inside

• Like 5

Just a quick heads up for those who want to join.

We will be using Telegram messenger for the coordination of the seminar so please get it if you don't already have it. It's similar to WhatsApp for those who might not know it.

More information can be found here on their site.

https://telegram.org/

10 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

Just a quick heads up for those who want to join.

We will be using Telegram messenger for the coordination of the seminar so please get it if you don't already have it. It's similar to WhatsApp for those who might not know it.

More information can be found here on their site.

https://telegram.org/

I downloaded it. 

I have had some time to think about how I want to do things going forward and wanted to make it clear before people start joining and paying for the seminar. There have been many emails asking how further training will happen and what is required so i will explain it here for everyone.

As many of you know, there are many problems that can arise from internal practices so having guidance along the way is crucial to ensure you aren't creating any problems for yourself. This first level is safe and those who do the practices as I will teach them will have no problems, I will make sure everyone understands what not to do and i believe it will be a wonderful addition to what many people are already doing.

Option 1 $500 one off payment.

Those who just want to come learn level 1, pay for the seminar as a standalone event, will learn the foundational methods to cultivate the dantian and qi. But I will not make any further training available to them. Learning anything more will require guidance and access to someone to help when/if things go wrong or deviations occur. They will have 4 months to decide if they want to sign up for the monthly group which is essential for safety reasons in my opinion if they want to take their cultivation to higher levels.

Option 2 $300 then monthly payments of $50 for group access.

Those choosing this option will have access to the group for any questions that may come, monthly video chats and help with the practice. The second level of practice will become available after 12 months of being in the group and the further levels will depend on individual progress and be made available when people are ready for them.

Down the line we will also have in person meetings for those who do want attend and will likely also have me giving help to enlarge channels, boost qi production, etc to speed along progress. Given current events I don't really see any in person meetings happening for at least 2 years.

I hope this is clear and will allow people to make the choice which is best for them.

Just to clarify. If someone who takes option 1 decides after a year they want to learn more, they will have to join the group chat and be in it for a year before they can take the second level seminar.

Edited by 小梦想

Those who wish to join, this is the link to the telegram group. Accessing this thread on your phone and using the link should allow you to join if you have telegram installed.

https://t.me/joinchat/LN7lsPAfs9UxZjc1

If you want to join via you pc, you need to have telegram desktop installed along with telegram on your phone to join.

If you don't know how to use the link or are having trouble with it. Please email me at [email protected] with your phone number and name and I will manually add you.

Edited by 小梦想

I just wanted to say welcome and thank to everyone who already joined.

I will close off registration to this seminar on 15 Sept 12pm (midday) Beijing Time. Those who still want to, please come join before then.

Just now, CloudHands said:

Ahah, I don't own a smartphone.

We have a few people who don't.

I created a skype group for them. If you want to join you can join there, it will be a lot less quiet than the group but I can at least send the relevant information to you there.

Skype is [email protected] or the link to the group is https://join.skype.com/wBqOuicY1akS

23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Telegram works on your desktop too.

Don't you have to scan the desktop app with your phone to log in though? 

42 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

Don't you have to scan the desktop app with your phone to log in though? 

You need the phone number, not a smart phone. It's just to receive a text message to confirm it's you, then you can create a username and then access it on the laptop. 

Also, this: https://web.telegram.org/z/

You have the option of logging in with the phone number rather than scanning it. 

• Thanks 1

I thought you could get a text message and then use it on your desktop. However it is very misleading and I had to get an old smartphone to make this work. However many times I asked for an sms nothing arrived and then it locks you out for several days for making too many attempts. The message is actually sent to the telegram app which you have to download first, therefore I needed a smartphone. Maybe it is just me but this seems to be a common issue.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

this is telegram on browser. 

they have telegram software to download: https://desktop.telegram.org/ this might work. 

If not, you can use virtual smartphone on your laptop:

https://www.bluestacks.com/

all you need is download bluestacks. then you need gmail to login on android google play and download telegram. it will be just like a smartphone. 

but you need to buy simcard or give your real number to receive text message. 

some people use these numbers for telegram account registration: https://receive-smss.com/ but I think it is one account per number. So later you risk random drug dealer from colombia login to your account and read the group chat. Dont use these temporary numbers from google, they are public.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone.

I just wasted to say thank you to the mods here who allowed me to make this thread and offer a seminar. I want to thank those who participated in the thread and those who joined the seminar.

I was quite surprised how many people who took the seminar struggled to do basic diaphragmatic breathing, some not able to do it at all. This is a key breathing practice to sink and and root your qi and benefits health immensely. The inability to do diaphragmatic breathing will most likely result in deviations and side effects over time from most practices being taught, even basic qigong. 

As a thank you, I will offer members here a mini seminar for free for anyone who wants to learn basic stillness (sitting practice) with the correct breathing for health purposes. This will focus on correct breathing, learning to sink your qi and yi which for most people does result in a slow but steady improvement to health. Maybe in a month or so, i will confirm the date.

I made a website where I offer further neigong seminars so that I don't keep using Daobums as medium because I don't really think this is the purpose of it. Those who wish to take my Neigong seminar, the link to my website is below and I will offer a 10% discount to any Daobums members. Those who already joined, I will refund the 10% in the next week. If you sign up, PM me here to let me know, and I will refund 10% for you.

https://authenticneigong.com/

Edited by 小梦想
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was planning on offering the free seminar to teach the stillness that I favor but no one really responded. Is there any interest in it? If there is enough interest I will do a 1 hour long zoom meeting to teach it along with some basic health advice. The practice in itself helps the residual fatigue symptoms that many suffer from who had covid so if there are any who fit this category it would help quite a bit.

It will include how to get in the right mindset, the correct way of breathing, how to sink qi, how and what to focus on and basic health advise. If there are people interested I will do it 13 Nov Beijing time 10PM. Early morning US, late Afternoon EU and similar time for Asian countries. 

Please reply and let me know, it will be free and open to anyone.

Edited by 小梦想
Always fixing grammar.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I was planning on offering the free seminar to teach the stillness that I favor but no one really responded. Is there any interest in it? If there is enough interest I will do a 1 hour long zoom meeting to teach it along with some basic health advice. The practice in itself helps the residual fatigue symptoms that many suffer from who had covid so if there are any who fit this category it would help quite a bit.

It will include how to get in the right mindset, the correct way of breathing, how to sink qi, how and what to focus on and basic health advise. If there are people interested I will do it 13 Nov Beijing time 10PM. Early morning US, late Afternoon EU and similar time for Asian countries. 

Interested!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:18 AM, 小梦想 said:

I am also interested in this.

• Like 1

Ok, it seems there is some interest with direct messages coming through too. Thank you to those who replied.

I have set up a scheduled zoom meeting, those who want to join please save the below details.

Join Zoom Meeting 

Meeting ID: 925 7321 7834 
Passcode: 479705 

Sat 13 Nov 2021 21:45-23:00 Beijing Time. 

• Like 3