小梦想

Teaching authentic neigong

12 minutes ago, freeform said:

Just to be clear - you’re saying that you’re teaching methods - not a traditional ‘system’ - and this isn’t something your teachers have asked you to pass on?

Yes, is there something wrong with offering to teach people how to actually cultivate qi?

Edited by 小梦想
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, freeform said:

I can confirm this. Though the bit where you ‘emit’ is a technique - the actual building up of the Qi in the Dantien is an important step in most Neigong systems that then lead to Neidan.

I don't know that i omitted anything? What do you mean?

1 hour ago, 小梦想 said:

Yes, is there something wrong with offering to teach people how to actually cultivate qi?

of course not - I’m just asking whether it’s a system that you’re passing on, or teaching methods - both are fine but very different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 小梦想 said:

I don't know that i omitted anything? What do you mean?

you misread. 

I wrote ‘emit’ not ‘omit’

I’m saying that to Fa Qi is a technique that not everyone learns necessarily.

But to generate enough Qi that you’d be able to Fa is indeed part of every genuine system.

For instance my teacher doesn’t teach the majority of his students how to Fa - only the ones that get into healing or medicine - but building the Dantien, generating Qi and filling the Dantien is the foundation for everyone.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I trained with Dr Jiang Feng for about 2 and a half years

In my experience Jiang certainly had genuine high level Fa Qi skills.

I’ve also seen a lot of fake Fa Qi in China (using a device strapped to one’s leg). 

Maybe you could explain how to tell the difference between the fake ‘electric Qi’ and the genuine Fa Qi.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freeform said:

of course not - I’m just asking whether it’s a system that you’re passing on, or teaching methods - both are fine but very different.

Ah ok, i may have misread your message and the intention behind it, my apologies. I am only doing the methods, not teaching the system of a particular school.

Just now, freeform said:

you misread. 

I wrote ‘emit’ not ‘omit’

I’m saying that to Fa Qi is a technique that not everyone learns necessarily.

But to generate enough Qi that you’d be able to Fa is indeed part of every genuine system.

For instance my teacher doesn’t teach the majority of his students how to Fa - only the ones that get into healing or medicine - but building the Dantien, generating Qi and filling the Dantien is the foundation for everyone.

This thread was more to see how people felt about the payment structure than the teaching tbh. 

Faqi is a healing method and really draining on the body, so if you aren't using it to heal, using it just for the sake of using it is kinda pointless. But if i offered to teach the method to open the channels so that you could one day faqi, then i will keep my word. It's not as easy as people might imagine and does take an awful amount of time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, freeform said:

In my experience Jiang certainly had genuine high level Fa Qi skills.

I’ve also seen a lot of fake Fa Qi in China (using a device strapped to one’s leg). 

Maybe you could explain how to tell the difference between the fake ‘electric Qi’ and the genuine Fa Qi.

This for me is really interesting. I certainly didn't rule out the possibility that it could all be fake when i first came over. Magicians can do some extra ordinary things after all and we know it's a trick.

I would imagine they feel kinda similar, electric acupuncture on a high setting does feel remarkably like faqi after all. 

The difference is in the subtleties i believe, you can alter the strength of the current when you faqi, my faqi certainly becomes less and less intense as i get drained and this is something you would not expect from a device unless it's a very clever person doing the faking.

You can also increase the current or lessen it with practice which I don't believe doing a machine would be as easy unless you have a partner who had some device controlling the amplitude. No touch faqi is certainly something which i do not believe can be faked, you get the same electrical current without even having to touch the person but it requires a much higher level of qi than basic practices can give.

I don't believe a faker can do it barefoot though, if they ground themselves any electrical current would rather go into the ground that jump the barrier into another person body. 

What about you, how would you tell?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I have to say i am really surprised by the lack of interest in learning something authentic. $300 is literally nothing for learning something that you would otherwise not have an avenue to learn. 

I am sure if i uploaded some videos of me emitting qi or sitting and chatting with various high level masters, maybe the response would have been better. 

People came to china (prior to covid) paying $20k, $30k some even $100k to learn basic practices from the masters that come to my house for dinner, that i can just casually message for a chat. I am offering the real practices they only teach after getting to know you for years for a fraction of the price and only a handful of people messaged me privately to say they would like to learn this.

I don't get it, I would have jumped at the chance to learn this. 

You may also want to reach out to the people at https://www.originaldao.com/.

Quite a few former members of DaoBums with interest in Daoist cultivation gather there now.

I'm also a bit surprised. I think the membership here now is relatively small. 

I also think that the percentage of people who are interested in reading and sharing their opinions on spiritual cultivation far exceeds the number who choose to put their money, time, and years of effort into it. 

I have a question which may benefit others here. I personally have a committed meditation practice. It is composed of quiet sitting in openness, what we call resting in our natural state. To support that I practice some energetic methods that are designed to clear the central and side channels - tsa lung, trul khor, tummo, and 9 breathings of purification. I also spent about 12 years avidly practicing Daoist cultivation in a school of the 崑崙仙蹤派. My question is - would any of this create a potential problem if I were to work with your practices?  To be clear, I have no interest in faqi or martial application, only in openness and clarity in my life. 

PS - I think your pricing is very reasonable 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

What about you, how would you tell?

Yeah similar to what you said. 

Additionally, at least from my teacher, it feels like a continuous current that moves down a specific line through the body… My teacher will direct where it goes by intention - so he’ll touch or hover over the same spot but the current will go through the other side of my body for instance.

Short sharp shocks do happen, but they’re usually accidental… 

The electrics of the device, as far as I’ve seen, only ever produces shocks. Also by hovering the hand say over a leg - and the sensation and muscle spasms will continue in the leg following the hand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve said:

You may also want to reach out to the people at https://www.originaldao.com/.

Quite a few former members of DaoBums with interest in Daoist cultivation gather there now.

I'm also a bit surprised. I think the membership here now is relatively small. 

I also think that the percentage of people who are interested in reading and sharing their opinions on spiritual cultivation far exceeds the number who choose to put their money, time, and years of effort into it. 

I have a question which may benefit others here. I personally have a committed meditation practice. It is composed of quiet sitting in openness, what we call resting in our natural state. To support that I practice some energetic methods that are designed to clear the central and side channels - tsa lung, trul khor, tummo, and 9 breathings of purification. I also spent about 12 years avidly practicing Daoist cultivation in a school of the 崑崙仙蹤派. My question is - would any of this create a potential problem if I were to work with your practices?  To be clear, I have no interest in faqi or martial application, only in openness and clarity in my life. 

PS - I think your pricing is very reasonable 

Thank you, though i am not a member there.

Cultivating the dantian does allow you to go into much deeper levels of meditation than without it in my experience. It creates a physical "thing" in your body for your mind to attach to so I believe it greatly helps the type of stillness that you are referring to. I do basic buddhist stillness meditation a few times a day too, i don't site for hours, but 15 mins here and there is wonderful. It would not create any issues and in my opinion enhance what you are already doing.

I am thinking the whole prospect of having a monthly fee might be putting people off. Raising the cost of the seminar to $500 without any monthly ongoing expenses and offering them as standalone seminars might be a better option but any feedback would be great, even if people aren't interested in learning it. This allows people to only learn the method to activate the dantian and cultivate qi, maybe the second and third levels which are still qi cultivation and leave the last practice alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, freeform said:

The sort of device I'm talking about.

Yeah i know the devices you mean. They are effectively negative ion generators generating a high voltage negative direct current. 

I haven't ever felt one being used, i've been lucky i guess to not bump into any fakes with faqi normally being a long process, currents lasting a from 2-15 seconds when I first felt it.

In fact, my very first experience of it was having qi pushed into every finger for a good 10 seconds each, it was horrific, getting worse and worse as you move towards the pinky. The pinky is agony. Later a really advanced level doctor in malaysia did some channel opening and clearing for me, he pushed so much qi into my pinky that I wanted to cry, literally hard breathing just to stand the pain.

I have also had the unfortunate or fortunate experience of having qi pushed straight into my genitals, both parts. Not a pleasant experience at all but it was effective. 

• Like 2

This is exactly the sort of thing that someone like myself has been looking for. I am unable to travel and this presents a rare opportunity. The price seems more than reasonable when you consider what many people charge on a monthly basis. I have no connection with the OP but his videos seem very reasonable and grounded.

• Like 2

So, the reason i thought a monthly fee would be a good idea is because I feel confident people will be satisfied with what I teach, they won't leave because they will get results. Now though I am thinking it might be putting people off, feeling like they are committing to this long term thing and many might not want to.

Some might just want to develop qi and have it boost health instead of caring about faqi or ever learning to emit it. 

I think adjusting the cost to $500 without any monthly fees and doing the different stages as standalone seminars to begin with might be better for people. So no group chat made afterwards but people can take my email if they have any questions or message here. (group chat but it will be optional and free)

Edited by 小梦想
added the part in ()
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

Thank you, though i am not a member there.

Cultivating the dantian does allow you to go into much deeper levels of meditation than without it in my experience. It creates a physical "thing" in your body for your mind to attach to so I believe it greatly helps the type of stillness that you are referring to. I do basic buddhist stillness meditation a few times a day too, i don't site for hours, but 15 mins here and there is wonderful. It would not create any issues and in my opinion enhance what you are already doing.

To be clear, attaching the mind/body to any “thing” tangible or otherwise is not the method I currently practice. In fact, it is counter-productive at this point for me. That said, I appreciate the clarification. Having some experience with Daoist methods I agree there should be no interference.

21 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

I am thinking the whole prospect of having a monthly fee might be putting people off. Raising the cost of the seminar to $500 without any monthly ongoing expenses and offering them as standalone seminars might be a better option but any feedback would be great, even if people aren't interested in learning it. This allows people to only learn the method to activate the dantian and cultivate qi, maybe the second and third levels which are still qi cultivation and leave the last practice alone.

I think that would make the program more palatable for some. The monthly fee is likely to be more off-putting than a periodic seminar fee. Good luck with the program. FWIW, I think this is a great opportunity for those interested in Daoist cultivation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve said:

To be clear, attaching the mind/body to any “thing” tangible or otherwise is not the method I currently practice. In fact, it is counter-productive at this point for me. That said, I appreciate the clarification. Having some experience with Daoist methods I agree there should be no interference.

I think that would make the program more palatable for some. The monthly fee is likely to be more off-putting than a periodic seminar fee. Good luck with the program. FWIW, I think this is a great opportunity for those interested in Daoist cultivation.

I may not have explained it well. Your kind of get lost in the qi field, it just allows the mind to become quiet really quickly without focusing on anything, more just being present in the field which vanishes after a while and you are just left in emptiness. 

I think so too, stand alone programs, no commitment, learn what you wish to learn and done. Later those who have made a lot of progress who wish to learn more can always be discussed and a solution found that is good for everyone.

• Like 2

I would welcome either - I think it is always good to be able to clarify aspects of practice once you have been shown a method, so a monthly review could be valuable.

• Like 1

Just now, themjay said:

I would welcome either - I think it is always good to be able to clarify aspects of practice once you have been shown a method, so a monthly review could be valuable.

Yes, with practices like these you definitely want a review and be able to discuss and confirm things. That will definitely be a given and could even create wattsapp or telegram group after the seminar for any questions. Having a group like this would be fine for me and optional for those who want to use it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, themjay said:

Yeah i think this would be fine too. Make a group after the seminar to confirm things.

Just now, freeform said:

You could have a monthly paid Q&A session instead of a membership.

True, but i don't want it to turn into this big constant having to pay thing. I will just make a group chat for questions that is optional. Maybe include a 1 hour video chat after a month to confirm the practice and answer any questions that people might have.

• Like 1

One thing that i would say is this, i am more than happy to help people out who genuinely want to learn but can't afford $500. Anyone who can afford it please do pay it, I spent so much myself in terms of money and time to learn these things.

That being said, if there are people who are sincere and have the right reasons to want to learn but $500 is way above what they can pay, message me or email me and we can see if we can find a way to help you out. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

One thing that i would say is this, i am more than happy to help people out who genuinely want to learn but can't afford $500. Anyone who can afford it please do pay it, I spent so much myself in terms of money and time to learn these things.

That being said, if there are people who are sincere and have the right reasons to want to learn but $500 is way above what they can pay, message me or email me and we can see if we can find a way to help you out. 

can you give an example of a typical exercise that you teach? i am curious now

6 minutes ago, Toni said:

can you give an example of a typical exercise that you teach? i am curious now

Um, Both practices needed in the beginning are standing in zhanzhuan, one is quite tense and horrible and will start to activate the storage function of the dantian, the other is softer and will start to acumulate qi in the dantian. There is the option of a seated method but it's not as effective as standing though. I will most likely teach it too for those who would otherwise struggle to always do a standing practice.

• Like 1