I feel sorry for people that do not have 

a wonderful life ! 

Such a loss  ... such a shame  .  Something can be done about that , of course ,  but for reasons unfathomable to me , they choose not to , some even to be aggressive and battling away from that .

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, questionmark said:

Why can't that which is haunting you just be some ultimate real part of you that wonders where your true path is and work out stuff from your past that didn't went that well?

That's the key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, helpfuldemon said:

The way I see it, mysticism is a method of getting you in line with a certain faith, one that cannot be proven.  It is inspiration to action, and it isnt always rational, and that is why I call it a mental illness.  We want to believe God has our backs, but in my case, God has betrayed my love and sent demons to torture me, for reasons unknown.  

I think that life is either random, or a test of our righteousness.  Why else would a God create such a place of ills and evils?  It might be that we are here to understand free will, I accept that answer too.  Still, mysticism leads us down a path of thinking that is dangerous, in my opinion.

I believe you seriously misunderstand what the actual term "mystic" is defined as.  Seems like you are someone who opened themselves up too much and didn't like what found its way to you, and now you are powerless to do anything about it....  I pity you.  

"mystic" refers to a person who does not believe in religious rituals and dogma to understand the absolute truth.  But is rather a type of person who is entirely self sufficient in learning about it by themselves through their own experiences of mental contemplation, emotional understanding, etc.    

Life is not random in an absolute sense... there are laws by which everything is created, functions, sustains, and dies.  No living thing escapes this truth.  Life may be random in a relative sense, as in - things occur at random times not at pre-destined exact times, relative to when they should or should not occur, based upon the karma of any given thing or individual.  

If you want to understand things, I suggest you search for other information that is not how you understand western "mysticism" to be.

Life is for living, plain and simple.  Ah, but what does that mean you say?  What is living?  Come now my friend, even you can clearly see what life is and what it is not.  The great thing about life is that it contains a concept or principle of coherent harmony across nearly every and all forms of life and their nature.  What occurs in a small way in one place, also occurs in a large way somewhere else, and the two share the common concept of how they are similar or reflections of one another.   

• Thanks 1

Perhaps my statement would be better served had I used the word supernatural instead of mystical.  I am referring to special powers of the mind and body, imaginative thinking about the unknown.  Questions like God and auras, that type of thing.  

It seems that there are veils/barriers in the standard human to prevent experiences before they are due.  For example there is a barrier between the physical and etheric subplanes to prevent experience of etheric energy.  

When the human starts to discard the lower subplane material the veils are dissolved by that process.

Long ago, when I was recently separated, my sons came to stay overnight.  My elder son, mid-teens, was a fervently rational materialist.   For some reason, after he went to bed, I decided to remove the veil to the etheric.

In the morning he said he had not slept all night and had decided to become a Golden Dawn magician.

As it happened he turned into an anarchist some years later - until he came to visit again.  Then 6 weeks later he had a job at the Department of Defense - with security clearance!!

Be careful when you choose your parents.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, helpfuldemon said:

Perhaps my statement would be better served had I used the word supernatural instead of mystical.  I am referring to special powers of the mind and body, imaginative thinking about the unknown.  Questions like God and auras, that type of thing.  

...Yes, I understand the gist of what you're getting at.  

However, I believe you are kind of deluding yourself because you are misperceiving definitions and actual truth. 

For example - these "supernatural" things... aren't super natural...  understanding them to be - places undue significance and glamour on them, which can coerce and distract your mind from what they actually and truly are.  Same thing goes for "powers"...  "abilities" etc.   All that any of that is - is a manifested realization of the dynamics of what things are and how they operate.  Hence for example - telepathic abilities; you don't like possess the ability... you simply reach a stage where your consciousness sees into the consciousness of others, you are more or less growing into the larger connected reality of what things are.... its not a "power".  It's more like an enlightened pathway and you kind of ride it/influence it.....when correctly understood.  

Speaking as a fellow explorer into the unseen - I can tell you in complete confidence, that if you remain in a vacant state of mind without proper astral shielding or protection - astral entities (non-human intelligences, departed human beings, demons, angels, etc.) do have the ability to speak thoughts into your mental space... thats what happens when you hear all sorts of proclamations and the like.  If you believe that in the past you have been prophetic, as evidenced by some sort of "....will occur " thought or "there will be... - that has then happened.... you may be mistaken.  As what you've actually done in that case, may have been to make it happen yourself... it wasn't going to occur.  You made it occur by affirming it to be.   THATS what IS DANGEROUS.  Thats why - there are preparatory exercises taught by mystic and religious orders to protect you from such karmas and fate.  The mind is a very powerful tool that can be used for right or wrong...

And please try and understand things for your own betterment in a clear way.  God hasn't betrayed you... sounds like you may misunderstand things.  God is not on anyone's side.  God is a part of everything that exists, and everything that exists is part of God.  What God is not - is falsehood.  Thinking about things in terms of "mine" "sides" etc.  is a delusion brought on by duality.  Duality is not the full reality.  Unity is the full reality.  In unity all things exist and occur - like everything about our lives....all thoughts and all feelings, positive and negative, all beings - positive and negative.  

The circumstances of your life, and everyone's lives for that matter, are largely a result and continuation of their own actions.  Be it actions from past lives or this lifetime.  Of course there are things I don't know and can't explain... but for the most part that is true and explains everything about why a person experiences what they do.  

Negative entities are drawn to negative people, fearful people, angry people, etc.  as in the classic maxim "like attracts like".  They fuel themselves off of negativity.  If you don't want them around.... try being more positive, constructive, and charitable towards other things, beings, people, and places...  

...Lastly - please do not lose hope in the path of a mystic.  Mystics are more or less - people who intuitively apprehend the unseen forces of life itself and find awe and inspiration in them.  They refuse intellectual dogma overriding what they know to be true.  And they also have enough faith and knowledge in themselves to venture on the path of ultimate understanding in a way that is suitable for themselves.  

"The tao that can be named is not the true tao.  The way that can be followed, is not the eternal way."  

"One truth, many paths to it."

Most mystical thoughts are delusions.  There is no answer as to who or what God is, or if there is an afterlife or reincarnation, those are fantasies.  There is some truth to some of it, like love; people want it and they respond to it, like they respond to anger.  You want to feel your heart?  Be grateful for what you have, and thank God for His mercy, because He could be cruel if it suits Him.

The idea of a God being cruel to his creation - for the sake of it -   is a very strange one, and I think, is based on people's oppression of each other  .

Night time prayer ;  " Thank you God  for not flaying me alive and rolling me in salt  today . "

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Most mystical thoughts are delusions.  There is no answer as to who or what God is, or if there is an afterlife or reincarnation, those are fantasies.  There is some truth to some of it, like love; people want it and they respond to it, like they respond to anger.  You want to feel your heart?  Be grateful for what you have, and thank God for His mercy, because He could be cruel if it suits Him.

it's far wiser to know that we don't know...most of us anyway.  I suggest study of the Upanishads if you haven't done so already and know everything without a doubt.  (btw, a "without a doubt" is impossible for the dualistic mind since doubt is connected at the hip to it)

Edited by old3bob