pmaw

Hi, from the UK. Looking for Medical Qigong.

Hi guys,

Joined after lurking doing research to find a good medical qi gong school/teacher. My interests are primarily health (emotional, cognitive and physical), vitality, happiness, character development, and helping others to heal. I have no real interest in deeper spiritual cultivation like the pursuit of enlightenment. 

I've found a seemingly great local TCM practitioner and osteopath, but now I'm looking for qi gong.

The philosophy is important to me, as well as the practice.

Bruce Frantzis' Dragon and Tiger medical Qi Gong is the most straight forward, but the constant internal and external shoulder rotations from multiple angles aggravates my shoulder injury after a couple of weeks of practice, and then I have to take a couple weeks off to let it recover. (Though maybe I could try every other day.) 

Pangu Shengong is interesting and I love the emphasis on benevolence and kindness, but I'm weirded out by my (rudimentary) research that seems to point out that Pangu is akin to God, and Master Ou is the incarnation of God on earth help usher in a global benevolent spiritual age in his lifetime?  

Spring Forest Qigong is looking like the best choice. Though I'm just simply puzzled by Master Chunyi Lin's wife dying of Cancer. I truly mean no disrespect, but I've heard stories of him being one of the most powerful esoteric healers on the planet, so I'm just simply puzzled that his wife would die of Cancer. I suppose the answer is simply that sometimes, no matter how powerful the healer, they can't heal everyone even the people closest to them.

Just spewing out thoughts.

@Earl Grey I saw you offer some suggestions to other people in DM. Do you have any suggestions of people here in the UK?

Hi pmaw,

Your account is approved; welcome to the bums.

If you haven’t already done so please read the three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and expectations.

warm regards,

ilu

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 4:18 AM, pmaw said:

Hi guys,

Joined after lurking doing research to find a good medical qi gong school/teacher. My interests are primarily health (emotional, cognitive and physical), vitality, happiness, character development, and helping others to heal. I have no real interest in deeper spiritual cultivation like the pursuit of enlightenment. 

I've found a seemingly great local TCM practitioner and osteopath, but now I'm looking for qi gong.

The philosophy is important to me, as well as the practice.

Bruce Frantzis' Dragon and Tiger medical Qi Gong is the most straight forward, but the constant internal and external shoulder rotations from multiple angles aggravates my shoulder injury after a couple of weeks of practice, and then I have to take a couple weeks off to let it recover. (Though maybe I could try every other day.) 

Pangu Shengong is interesting and I love the emphasis on benevolence and kindness, but I'm weirded out by my (rudimentary) research that seems to point out that Pangu is akin to God, and Master Ou is the incarnation of God on earth help usher in a global benevolent spiritual age in his lifetime?  

Spring Forest Qigong is looking like the best choice. Though I'm just simply puzzled by Master Chunyi Lin's wife dying of Cancer. I truly mean no disrespect, but I've heard stories of him being one of the most powerful esoteric healers on the planet, so I'm just simply puzzled that his wife would die of Cancer. I suppose the answer is simply that sometimes, no matter how powerful the healer, they can't heal everyone even the people closest to them.

Just spewing out thoughts.

@Earl Grey I saw you offer some suggestions to other people in DM. Do you have any suggestions of people here in the UK?

Hi, I don't know anybody in UK who teaches, but I know people online who teach remotely from Australia and the US. 

• Like 2

On 18/08/2021 at 9:18 PM, pmaw said:

Michael Tse is one of the best here in London. He teaches Dayan Qigong (wild goose), which is an excellent medical qigong.

https://www.tseqigongcentre.com/dayanqigong.html

Also as @themjay said above, Damo Mitchell's Lotus Neigong school is based in the UK, if you're looking for a deeper spiritual path, rather than just a health improving exercise.

http://lotusneigong.com/branches-2/

Lam Kam Chuen, who teaches Zhan Zhuang, used to be based in East London. I'm not sure if he's still around but probably some of his students are.

http://www.standing-still.co.uk/#classes

If you're based in the Midlands, you might want to look into Faye Yip's school (Deyin). She teaches taiji and some of the standard health qigong like baduanjing etc, to a very high standard. 

http://www.deyin-taiji.com/

Finally, one of Bruce Frantzis' most senior students Paul Cavel teaches in London

https://www.paulcavel.com/tai-chi-space-school

Generally speaking, I've only really had experience under the first two, although I've spoken to Faye Yip several times over the years and have found her to be an excellent person.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1