Sign in to follow this  
Wondo

Dragon Gate Lineage Practices

Hello,

I was wondering what internal alchemy practices the Dragon Gate school uses to practice internal alchemy. Is it more psychologically based, like Secret of the Golden Flower and Guarding the One or the Clarity and Tranquility practice and using visualization and breathing techniques, or is it more body based, like stirring and rinsing saliva, manipulating certain body parts, etc. ?

Thanks.

Edited by Wondo

My guess is that it depends on the teacher, which LMP lineage you are enquiring in. 

They differ. 

• Like 1

Like for example Wang Liping and his disciple Natan Brine. I do Taiji and Qi Gong and incorporate some of the methods from the seated 8 Brocades which includes rinsing and swallowing saliva, etc. But, I am drawn more toward the Jin Huan Secret Flower teaching because of my years of Zen practice, but yet follow the Taoists principles more so than Buddhism. 

The book Foundations of internal alchemy by Wang Mu is a not to bad introduction to the subject. 

Following the Wuzhen Pian, rinsing saliva and stuff like that might be a part of preparatory steps, but are not part of the method for becoming a celestial immortal. 

On the other hand, in methods closer to the Yellow Court Classic it can be included, you can always look up Stuart Alve Olson at valleyspiritsart.com for books on the subject. 

Nathan Brine is selling books on the subject, I haven't read them but I am sure they will satisfy your curiosity. 

Some would argue that Nei dan is based on methods that differ from most qigong styles, but that is at best a dead-end subject. 

• Like 2

The saliva stuff is only important once the true waterwheel is active.

If the saliva produced tastes like honey (viscous and very sweet) - then the swallowing practices make sense… if this isn’t the case, then there’s more work to do at an earlier stage.

This stuff is preparatory to the more ‘spiritual’ alchemy practices.

visualisation, in my experience, plays no major part in genuine alchemy traditions. If there’s a lot of visualisation being taught, then it’s best to avoid the school (in my opinion)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this