Earl Grey

Oh look, I got covid

Yeah, I got it a few days ago.

I'm so happy anti-vaxx or Plandemic talk is no longer public. 

Stay safe and healthy, people. Delta is very real. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Hope it's short and mild.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

My best wishes on a speedy and full recovery.

🙏🏽

• Like 3

Wishing you a speedy complete recovery.  Hopefully being young and healthy will offer you all the healing power you need.

But if (god forbid) it gets worrisome and doctors don't catch mice, PM me.  I won't argue the politics of it -- I'll share treatment protocols from doctors who actually treat it (whose opinions you might hate but whose patients recover uneventfully.)  Good luck!  

• Like 7

May it go easy with you, Earl Grey, and may your recovery be rapid and complete.

Edited by cheya
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hannes said:

How are you feeling?

*Sending Healing Energy*

I'm on day 7 according to the doctor who came to assess me today. I had a panic attack last week after an accumulation of stress (including something online recently), and since it's a lower risk case, the doctor didn't need to take me to the hospital. No risk of mutating into a titan or zombie either, so I guess I'm safe. 

Started out with burning palms, a headache and diminished appetite, then a cough and a lot of fatigue and weakness, and ringing in my ears. Then I lost my sense of smell and taste yesterday--which sucks because the day I lost my senses, a friend surprised me with a couple of artisanal pizzas from her restaurant. This must be how Jimmy Hoffa felt when he realized he couldn't order from his favorite places anymore. 

I'm just isolated in my room as my roommate takes care of my dogs and cats, who have been crying and pawing at the door the past few days, because I can't touch them or risk infecting any of them. It will be like this for another week, so the kids are depressed that they can't be pet or have their tummies rubbed. I suspect they'll be plotting an uprising if they are forced to wait any longer.

Unsurprisingly, Flying Phoenix qigong has helped significantly in helping me keep some energy throughout the day. Too bad I'm still not at that level where I can levitate or disintegrate viruses with my mind, so until then, I just have to take my multivitamins and zinc. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you a swift and complete recovery! I am sure with your internal skill and development you'll be able to fight it off -- best of wishes from here. 

• Like 1

@Earl Grey  So glad it's going well for you!  You're going into a transition phase (7-10 days in) according to this chart here... Probably not an issue for you, but do keep your eyes out in case it is!  Best of luck with this, and thanks for keeping us updated!

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/52511-on-the-vax-fence-lets-talk/?do=findComment&comment=967337

• Like 2

I've just posted a couple of insights from using my internal arts when attempting to help with my healing of covid19. I can't stress enough the importance of the need for support to get into the right mind state to practice qigong and how qigong's affects on both the body and mind allow you to make full use of those faculties when doing Vajrayana meditations. 

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/157/

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/158/

Here's a short excerpt from the first link:

I am 12 days into getting a mild case of covid19. In nearly two years since the outbreak in Wuhan and about one and a half since it came into the country that I currently reside in, I finally caught the virus and have used it as a learning opportunity to test my practices and their effects on me and those around me.

The following practices have been tested for their impact on healing my own covid19: Spontaneous Five Animals, Flying Phoenix, Relaxation, Zhan Zhuang, Sanskrit mantra, sutra recitation, Medicine Buddha tantra, the invocation magic of Heavenly Lord Taiyi, some insight from the Akashic Records prior to the infection, and at the suggestion of a friend, I tried some Joe Dispenza meditations. Additionally, I took a multivitamin that I would dissolve into my water, which includes some zinc and magnesium, and some ginger tea with ginseng.

My first week was very unpleasant, as I had been overwhelmed with stress and had a panic attack on the 6th of August, and the result of this was that my immunity was lowered. This is not merely an energetic concept, people who are extremely stressed out have lower immunity and tend to get sick easily. As someone who also suffers from Chronic Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, my practices were necessary to keep me in a routine, but with the way the world has changed due to the pandemic, many of my usual circles of support and resources have been affected, contributing to more distress. I do not get to see my friends or travel, let alone walk around, and much of my income has been diminished due to covid19. In a very stressful environment and set of circumstances, this already makes the healing process challenging because I go from a fragile state to a disorderly state. My symptoms included extreme fatigue, weakness, mental fog, a cough, ringing in my ears, and a loss of taste and smell, plus a lot of misery at my helplessness.

Almost a month prior to my infection, I did an Akashic reading to investigate the spiritual nature of covid19 and the vaccine question. What I found was that covid19 is very much a spiritual experience, as it inflicts the means to cause suffering and sow discord amongst the people. To allow victory to the entities that gathered together to bring covid19 (and a host of other things that create our reality right now), we give in to despair, anger, and suffering, while creating more suffering as the world reacts in very polarizing ways. The rich remain insulated, but the global poor must take whatever they can, exposing the weaknesses in the existing global order and the leadership that created the divisions that would prevent cooperation. Likewise, the vaccine question has a similar impact, in that it also polarizes people while at the same time, those with the vaccine suffer the side effects of becoming more emotional and reactive--in other words, if you've gotten any vaccines, you might be a little grumpier than usual for a short time, and that time frame depends on which vaccine you've had. What I was told as well was regardless of the spiritual lessons, one thing to highlight is that this is not a naturally occurring virus. There is something unnatural about it and many ways of responding to it, such as following classical and holistic systems like Ayurveda or TCM or going with modern medicine are only parts of the puzzle--you must accept there is a spiritual lesson involved with covid19, and it is only one of the many trials we are undergoing now as a collective species.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 12:10 AM, Earl Grey said:

I hope you continue to get better. Sorry, I’m late to the party, but just curious, were you vaccinated and still contracted c19?

27 minutes ago, cmpunk50 said:

I hope you continue to get better. Sorry, I’m late to the party, but just curious, were you vaccinated and still contracted c19?

No, I’ve been on a waiting list to get vaccinated for months now. The country I live in has a poor vaccination rollout, not helped by the fact I moved to another town from the last one I was in earlier this year, and am a foreign resident.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Sad 1

Best wishes And speedy recovery man!

Hope youre already in the relief  phase where you know the worst is behind you.

quick tip thats really worth it.

mega dosing vitamin c till bowel tolerance

ascorbic acid

its cheap, safe (water solluable) and gains you alot.

its helped me through rough spots

just take 1000 mg every 2 hours untill youre belly starte to rumble then leave it.

if you dont get to it on that increase dosage

my bowel tolerance Multiplied by 5 last time i had a fever took about 15 gram a day. Fever disappeared soon.

i doubt youl hit that high though considering your health

but you never know

• Like 3

On 18/08/2021 at 6:53 PM, Earl Grey said:

No, I’ve been on a waiting list to get vaccinated for months now. The country I live in has a poor vaccination rollout, not helped by the fact I moved to another town from the last one I was in earlier this year, and am a foreign resident.

Yesterday, just as I was going off line I noticed you mention this in another thread ;   whaaaat ! ?    I had not known and missed this thread somehow . I was gonna PM you this morning but  just then noticed this thread in  the index.  Hope you have transformed through the worst of it so far.

I will be contributing to the big ball of good energy that everyone is sending to you . 

3.jpg

Medicine Buddha Thangka.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yesterday, just as I was going off line I noticed you mention this in another thread ;   whaaaat ! ?    I had not known and missed this thread somehow . I was gonna PM you this morning but  just then noticed this thread in  the index.  Hope you have transformed through the worst of it so far.

I will be contributing to the big ball of good energy that everyone is sending to you . 

3.jpg

Medicine Buddha Thangka.

Your good will is appreciated.

I need it because besides dealing with shitty neighbors acting hostile (and yet they don’t even wear masks or follow distance protocols even if I do), I have “friends” who have been ignoring my symptoms and how it’s brought me down because they want to push their Plandemic conspiracy theories.

One guy says that it is just a flu and I am overreacting. Another guy says it’s just me being paranoid and influenced by media and sheeple, even if my body isn’t lying when I’m extremely fatigued and doing all the qigong I have and resting up, while also being blocked from receiving food if one nosy neighbor is around when the landlord isn’t.

I never knew how much someone else pushing his conspiracy theory about the disease onto me means more to them than me feeling ill for the past couple weeks. It’s like my own experience doesn’t matter to him if it doesn’t fit his rejection of this illness.

So thanks for your good vibes and support, especially Medicine Buddha, whom I’ve been appealing to for help.

• Like 5

There's many reasons people don't have a uniform opinion about this.  It may not make you feel better to understand where they might be coming from, but just in case it does...  please consider what their reasons may be:

1. Simple confirmation bias.  So far, nothing serious has happened to them personally or to anyone they know, so they believe that's the case for everybody at all times for all purposes.  Confirmation bias is one of the strongest forces of human psyche.   Under normal circumstances it's beneficial in many situations, counteracting knee-jerk reactivity to any new events or information, anxiety over every change, panic over every novelty in their environment, continuous stress brought about by feelings of unpredictability, unreliability, loss of control, etc..  At other times, it is counterproductive -- it lulls and dulls the senses and sensibilities, makes people less perceptive, less alert to changes in the environment they ought to be taking seriously, and may be conductive to the kind of ignorance that ain't bliss. 

2. Personal experience in the past.  Some people have suffered from illnesses; some, from doctors doctoring these illnesses (known as iatrogenic -- doctor-made -- disease); some have had both experiences and it's a matter of deciding which ones were more damaging to them personally or their loved ones; some observed effects of certain interventions in family members (disastrous in some cases, and also disaster-avoiding or mitigating in others, occasionally due to their using their own best judgment rather than "following orders" whatever the orders may have been -- do this, or don't do that, or do nothing).

3. The outrageously fishy politics of handling the whole thing top to bottom and sideways -- nearly everywhere in the same one-size-fits-all dubious, suspect, inefficient, dishonest, authoritarian, knee-jerk, misguided, falsified, misleading, misrepresenting, you name it...  fashion -- nearly everywhere the same and nearly everywhere in lockstep, to quote Mr. Rockefeller.  Some people haven't had the illness nor know anyone who did -- yet they are relentlessly bombarded with narratives that negate what they observe in their very real real life so aggressively that they might well end up throwing the baby with bathwater.  I for one would probably have trouble separating the wheat from the chaff in this mess without both extensive research, as-deep-as-I-can-go integration, and first hand experience.  Just because it was so blatantly used (by the powerful against the powerless at that) for so many things that have nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's health and well-being (to put it mildly) that it makes it very easy, for at least those who happen to see the forest and not be blinded to its presence by the trees, to wind up getting very suspicious over everything virus-related -- including the virus itself.  Add to this the supremely idiotic left-right divide over it -- people flock to wherever they're already at politically, and if their prior conditioning says "anything the right (for some) or left (for others) support is good" or, alternatively, "is shit," no matter what it is, they happily extend this stance to things that should never have been thrown into the mix of political strife.  I can't begin telling you how many sound viable babies were thrown out with this filthy bathwater.  From efficient medications to efficient measures to avoidance of inefficient measures that only exacerbate the situation...  I can't begin telling you how much the bed has been shat left and right.  And anyone who thinks it was only shat on the right or only on the left has contributed a turd to the overall layer of shit.

4. So, forgive thy neighbor if only because you can't afford to waste your energy and your coping power on wherever they're at, let them be wherever they're at -- not your job to straighten them out -- and focus on what's best for your health.  Your worst enemy is the virus at this point.  Fist things first. 

Wishing you a decisive victory over the nasty adversary.    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Your good will is appreciated.

I need it because besides dealing with shitty neighbors acting hostile (and yet they don’t even wear masks or follow distance protocols even if I do), I have “friends” who have been ignoring my symptoms and how it’s brought me down because they want to push their Plandemic conspiracy theories.

One guy says that it is just a flu and I am overreacting. Another guy says it’s just me being paranoid and influenced by media and sheeple, even if my body isn’t lying when I’m extremely fatigued and doing all the qigong I have and resting up, while also being blocked from receiving food if one nosy neighbor is around when the landlord isn’t.

I never knew how much someone else pushing his conspiracy theory about the disease onto me means more to them than me feeling ill for the past couple weeks. It’s like my own experience doesn’t matter to him if it doesn’t fit his rejection of this illness.

So thanks for your good vibes and support, especially Medicine Buddha, whom I’ve been appealing to for help.

Dontchya hate it .   People seem to love giving home medicine  advice (  which  I doubt they even follow that advice when they themselves are sick ) .    Its like something takes them over  and they 'change' .   If I dare to moan  about some chronic  issue thats been plaguing me for years , I often get the most basic suggestions  , like 'have you had a massage ? "       Why no !  Over all these years I have NEVER thought of that !  How stupid of me, I shall go and get one right away .    :rolleyes:    Or whatever is going on their head !  " Try wheatgrass juice ."   "   Drink a pint of black strap molasses  every morning  .... Have you tried sticking licorice up your arse  ......   etc etc "

I remember many years ago , we where flooded in and isolated  (  services needed elsewhere at  more important places ) I  had a double inner ear infection ( both sides ) - extreme pain .  I had gone to the laundry to do some washing but could not manage it and virtually collapsed onto a  laundry tub , I was leaning into it, to hold me up .   This woman, who is normally nice ( but was into that Loise Hey healing BS ) asked what was wrong with me .

" I have an inner infection in BOTH sides . "

Her ;   all of a sudden in a smarmy sing-song judgemental voice  "  Ohhh ?   Well , what is that you dont want  to hear then ?"

Instead of  going off and meditating on my faults like she expected  me to do I decided to answer her ;  " I will tell you what I dont want to hear . I dont want to hear some smarmy judgemental woman giving me 'spiritual' advice she believes in for herself while I am in virtual agony half collapsed and unable to even wash my own clothes . Thats what I dont want to hear ! "

I only heard the word 'plandemic'   for the first time last night , I decided to watch that stupid sky news for 10 minutes .   Talk about shite !    It was all vacuous and hollow , tying to suggest things but pre empting them with  " yes, people are suffering but ...... BS BS BS "   or 'I know it is spreading and people are getting sick .... but   BS BS BS . I soon turned it off wondering  how he could say that, how a channel would allow it , why people would watch it , why  etc etc .

Sometimes its  bloody well hard to have a bit of awareness  ... and see what is going on around you ! 

And the sheeple thing !   How God damn annoying !  YOU are the 'sheeple' for getting sick , yet they are not sheeple , because they are in QAnon ?  

Arrrgh !   How frustrating .     Anyway , I suspect you have a fairly rugged and stubborn constitution, which, in my observations can really help recovery .

But I am pissed off with that  downstairs bitch non mask wearing food blocker  ..... I am tempted to present her with a very different thangka .....    a  wrathful one  ..... however , I suppose it should be one that dissolves ignorance, and fosters  understanding and compassion .

My hope is that you recover soon , remain healthy and then have developed a natural healthy immunity  ...... against what is still to come .   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Taomeow said:

There's many reasons people don't have a uniform opinion about this.  It may not make you feel better to understand where they might be coming from, but just in case it does...  please consider what their reasons may be:

1. Simple confirmation bias.  So far, nothing serious has happened to them personally or to anyone they know, so they believe that's the case for everybody at all times for all purposes.  Confirmation bias is one of the strongest forces of human psyche.   Under normal circumstances it's beneficial in many situations, counteracting knee-jerk reactivity to any new events or information, anxiety over every change, panic over every novelty in their environment, continuous stress brought about by feelings of unpredictability, unreliability, loss of control, etc..  At other times, it is counterproductive -- it lulls and dulls the senses and sensibilities, makes people less perceptive, less alert to changes in the environment they ought to be taking seriously, and may be conductive to the kind of ignorance that ain't bliss. 

2. Personal experience in the past.  Some people have suffered from illnesses; some, from doctors doctoring these illnesses (known as iatrogenic -- doctor-made -- disease); some have had both experiences and it's a matter of deciding which ones were more damaging to them personally or their loved ones; some observed effects of certain interventions in family members (disastrous in some cases, and also disaster-avoiding or mitigating in others, occasionally due to their using their own best judgment rather than "following orders" whatever the orders may have been -- do this, or don't do that, or do nothing).

3. The outrageously fishy politics of handling the whole thing top to bottom and sideways -- nearly everywhere in the same one-size-fits-all dubious, suspect, inefficient, dishonest, authoritarian, knee-jerk, misguided, falsified, misleading, misrepresenting, you name it...  fashion -- nearly everywhere the same and nearly everywhere in lockstep, to quote Mr. Rockefeller.  Some people haven't had the illness nor know anyone who did -- yet they are relentlessly bombarded with narratives that negate what they observe in their very real real life so aggressively that they might well end up throwing the baby with bathwater.  I for one would probably have trouble separating the wheat from the chaff in this mess without both extensive research, as-deep-as-I-can-go integration, and first hand experience.  Just because it was so blatantly used (by the powerful against the powerless at that) for so many things that have nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's health and well-being (to put it mildly) that it makes it very easy, for at least those who happen to see the forest and not be blinded to its presence by the trees, to wind up getting very suspicious over everything virus-related -- including the virus itself.  Add to this the supremely idiotic left-right divide over it -- people flock to wherever they're already at politically, and if their prior conditioning says "anything the right (for some) or left (for others) support is good" or, alternatively, "is shit," no matter what it is, they happily extend this stance to things that should never have been thrown into the mix of political strife.  I can't begin telling you how many sound viable babies were thrown out with this filthy bathwater.  From efficient medications to efficient measures to avoidance of inefficient measures that only exacerbate the situation...  I can't begin telling you how much the bed has been shat left and right.  And anyone who thinks it was only shat on the right or only on the left has contributed a turd to the overall layer of shit.

4. So, forgive thy neighbor if only because you can't afford to waste your energy and your coping power on wherever they're at, let them be wherever they're at -- not your job to straighten them out -- and focus on what's best for your health.  Your worst enemy is the virus at this point.  Fist things first. 

Wishing you a decisive victory over the nasty adversary.    

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Dontchya hate it .   People seem to love giving home medicine  advice (  which  I doubt they even follow that advice when they themselves are sick ) .    Its like something takes them over  and they 'change' .   If I dare to moan  about some chronic  issue thats been plaguing me for years , I often get the most basic suggestions  , like 'have you had a massage ? "       Why no !  Over all these years I have NEVER thought of that !  How stupid of me, I shall go and get one right away .    :rolleyes:    Or whatever is going on their head !  " Try wheatgrass juice ."   "   Drink a pint of black strap molasses  every morning  .... Have you tried sticking licorice up your arse  ......   etc etc "

I remember many years ago , we where flooded in and isolated  (  services needed elsewhere at  more important places ) I  had a double inner ear infection ( both sides ) - extreme pain .  I had gone to the laundry to do some washing but could not manage it and virtually collapsed onto a  laundry tub , I was leaning into it, to hold me up .   This woman, who is normally nice ( but was into that Loise Hey healing BS ) asked what was wrong with me .

" I have an inner infection in BOTH sides . "

Her ;   all of a sudden in a smarmy sing-song judgemental voice  "  Ohhh ?   Well , what is that you dont want  to hear then ?"

Instead of  going off and meditating on my faults like she expected  me to do I decided to answer her ;  " I will tell you what I dont want to hear . I dont want to hear some smarmy judgemental woman giving me 'spiritual' advice she believes in for herself while I am in virtual agony half collapsed and unable to even wash my own clothes . Thats what I dont want to hear ! "

I only heard the word 'plandemic'   for the first time last night , I decided to watch that stupid sky news for 10 minutes .   Talk about shite !    It was all vacuous and hollow , tying to suggest things but pre empting them with  " yes, people are suffering but ...... BS BS BS "   or 'I know it is spreading and people are getting sick .... but   BS BS BS . I soon turned it off wondering  how he could say that, how a channel would allow it , why people would watch it , why  etc etc .

Sometimes its  bloody well hard to have a bit of awareness  ... and see what is going on around you ! 

And the sheeple thing !   How God damn annoying !  YOU are the 'sheeple' for getting sick , yet they are not sheeple , because they are in QAnon ?  

Arrrgh !   How frustrating .     Anyway , I suspect you have a fairly rugged and stubborn constitution, which, in my observations can really help recovery .

But I am pissed off with that  downstairs bitch non mask wearing food blocker  ..... I am tempted to present her with a very different thangka .....    a  wrathful one  ..... however , I suppose it should be one that dissolves ignorance, and fosters  understanding and compassion .

My hope is that you recover soon , remain healthy and then have developed a natural healthy immunity  ...... against what is still to come .   

Going to respond to both of these later when I’m a little more awake because I was seriously questioning my sanity last night and pondering if I was approaching Sylvia Plath levels of despondence (no joke).

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

45 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Going to respond to both of these later when I’m a little more awake because I was seriously questioning my sanity last night and pondering if I was approaching Sylvia Plath levels of despondence (no joke).

Stay strong brother!

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Something I encountered recently that I found inspiring:

Please never give up. It is the difficult circumstances that can make a great practitioner.

~ Chamtrul Rinpoche

8E0A989D-E7EB-4612-BFDC-2B536E849B57.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1