Trunk

Thanks to Liminal_Luke! (moderator -> member)

Gosh so much positive feedback -- I should quit things more often!  I appreciate my many friends here and the community we´ve built together.  Yes, I will be sticking around though perhaps posting less.  

• Like 8

7 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Gosh so much positive feedback -- I should quit things more often!  I appreciate my many friends here and the community we´ve built together.  Yes, I will be sticking around though perhaps posting less.  

I could feel your anguish over the Covid discussion and can well understand why you might want to step back for a bit. Obviously you know best how you want to interact here but I’m hoping you keep an active presence because, perhaps more than anyone else, you help give this forum heart. But whatever you chose, you have my good wishes.

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Yueya said:

..perhaps more than anyone else, you help give this forum heart. But whatever you chose, you have my good wishes.

Yup. 

He modded and plodded a long time.   If you haven't been a Mod it's hard to realize and fully appreciate the job they do.  liminal_luke alway brought perspective and kindness to the process.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Whenever there was trouble 

at the dao bums forum 

there was liminal_luke…

with his kind words and his gentle ways 

he always straightened out the toughest of kooks! 

Now, some might chalk it up to great coincidences,

some others might say they were flukes. 

But only a few know, 

That made of unruffle-able feathers…

Is the amazing  liminal_luke. 

I name this ditty “The Legend of Liminal Luke” 
:) 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Thanks @dwai!  I´ve never before been the subject of a ditty and can now check that off my bucketlist.  

@Yueya  Thank you -- your words humble me.  And your observation that I was feeling anguished over the coronavirus discussion is spot-on.  

Years ago I wrote an impassioned post about some aspect of gay rights.  I don´t even remember exactly what I said anymore.  The post received many likes and I felt good about it but @Spotless said it revealed "the bars of my prison."  Although his comment offended me at the time, I´ve come to see the wisdom in it.  Whenever we identify too strongly with an opinion -- any opinion -- there´s the danger of getting crusty and calcified -- or, as Spotless put it, imprisoned.  It´s a subtle thing.  I still believe some things need to be said strongly.  But no matter how fiercely an idea is put forth, it can be taken lightly on the inside.  That´s more easily said than done, of course.  Most of us have to put in a lot of serious work before we´re able to stop taking things seriously.

@steve recently reminded me that none of us are, in our deepest essence, a decision about vaccination.  Touche!  I´m stepping back from the more controversial newsy subjects we´ve been discussing lately to see if I can relearn that truth.  I understand it intellectually but now I want to pattern it into my body so I get it deeply, from the inside out.  Wish me luck!

• Like 6