Ano Eremita

i dreamt i was an eagle - free, restricted then shown an open door

the question i asked yi . . .

what do i need to understand about my dream, being an eagle free, restricted then shown a way out?

yi response . . .

hexagram 48, the well

interesting sequence . . .

the well follows from hexagram 47, oppression:
he who is oppressed above is sure to turn downward. Hence there follows the hexagram of 'the well'.

for context . . .

this then is the whole story of the dream

i was a bird, a big bird with large wings, an eagle flying high in the sky and over the hills and valleys, over vast lush beautiful lands. it was wonderful soaring through the sky, my beak parting the wind; i could feel the wind curl the tips of my wings, 

as i was flying, i suddenly became aware of high walls around me. even though i was in the sky, i could not fly over these walls. there were no gates or doors or windows to exit from or enter into. and now, the walls contained all this vastness : the hills, the valleys and sky. i continued flying around and somehow, realised that the enclosed area was a u-shaped structure and now i was no longer aware of what was outside the space i was in, except for the grey interior.

i flew around this u-shaped ‘structure’ and suddenly became aware of a man on the ground, way down below and i swooped in his direction. he opened a door and he went through it. in that instant, i awoke.

i had this dream in 2003

why now . . .

i ask now 'cause i've experienced, metaphorically speaking, a wake-life parallel

any thoughts, interpretations, etc. most welcome

• Like 1

It seems like a very clear guidance dream to me, I see the eagle as your spirit, slowly becoming more and more limited by your physical body, but in the end shown the only way to regain freedom which is by finding the door below and entering through it yourself, ie., by your consciousness entering through the lower door.

The dream shows very clearly that there is no other window, gate or door, as seen from the perspective of your spirit itself, apart from the one below, so you are given a head start and don’t need to even try to find one where your spirit has shown that one doesn’t exist. 

What’s left is what “on the ground” points to, in my experience the starting point is below the navel, equivalent to the lower dantian in Daoism. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bindi said:

What’s left is what “on the ground” points to, in my experience the starting point is below the navel, equivalent to the lower dantian in Daoism. 

so interesting! thank you Bindi

another interesting response to the same post on another forum . . .

"I always would recommend to stay with what you know “intuitively” and explore that further.
In my experience it’s the quickest way home.
Everybody has to find their own way of connecting with the root chakra.
The man in your dream was standing on the ground, that’s where the door was that he went through."

True enough, your dream, for you - what does root chakra work mean to you?  Being grounded might be exactly the right place for you to start, were you ‘ungrounded’ at the time of your dream? 

I’m always a bit wary of deliberate root chakra work myself in case it leads to kundalini in unprepared channels, but that’s just me. 

Edited by Bindi

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

what does root chakra work mean to you?

i don't really know what root chakra is 
my intuition assumes its about one's essence