zerostao

Cultivating a State of Kindness

On 9/24/2021 at 8:52 PM, zerostao said:

You could begin with presenting a simple act of random kindness to anyone or even an animal. It doesn’t have to be some major production; in fact, it shouldn’t be. The simpler the better. 

th?id=OIP.tJoJBg3zAZn1jGGJipjsOAHaKe&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.bpORtu6NIof3CgJCgGw3QwHaO0&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Yes/no?

- Anand

On 9/26/2021 at 5:11 PM, Limahong said:

th?id=OIP.tJoJBg3zAZn1jGGJipjsOAHaKe&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.bpORtu6NIof3CgJCgGw3QwHaO0&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Yes/no?

- Anand

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson//aka Lewis Carroll. We will not open that can of worms; however I like the quote of his that you selected and posted here. Yes & Yes.

I want to share the experience I had this morning. I was chatting late yesterday evening with a classmate and put off doing laundry until just before I was scheduled to work. At about thirty minutes before my shift was to begin; I pulled my work clothes out of the washer and must have made a distinct face:unsure: a lady, also doing laundry said, "what happened to your clothes?"

I think I left a couple of brown paper napkins in a pants pocket, because little specks of that shade of brown were all over my black chinos, both pairs. I was trying to regroup and focus on how to resolve my problem---when the laundry attendant walked over, told me not to worry, she put my clothes in another machine, quick cycle and she left the laundry, went to the dollar store and bought me a lint roller!! she also paid for my dryer and i made it to work on time and no one at work was the wiser.

As i was walking out the laundry mat door towards work, I mentioned to her how I had a thread about kindness, and in august, Verizon posted that Kentucky was the kindest state, and i would mention this on my thread. 

She said, "feel free to use her name. so, it is the least I can do. (and never let it be said i ever failed to do the least I could do)  did i say that right?? :lol:, yeah, i think so.

THANK YOU BRANDY KEAN for your act of kindness when i certainly needed it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zerostao said:

THANK YOU BRANDY KEAN for your act of kindness when i certainly needed it.

Hi BRANDY,

Intoxicating kindness in deed

Please send Brandie my best regards when you both next meet

- Anand

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 3:31 AM, zerostao said:

This thread’s ideal is to shine light on the ideal of kindness.

In the context of the living and dynamic Tao

yin-et-yang-reflet.gif

'Cruelty' coexist kindness?

Sometimes we have to be 'cruel' ~ to be kind?

- Anand

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

In the context of the living and dynamic Tao

yin-et-yang-reflet.gif

'Cruelty' coexist kindness?

Sometimes we have to be 'cruel' ~ to be kind?

- Anand

It's a choice; we can coexist with cruelty and/or we can coexist with kindness.

As cocreators, which we choose, reverberates.

when I return to the laundrymat, I will let her know.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zerostao said:

when I return to the laundry mat, I will let her know.

Good ~ thank you

For Brandie,

th?id=OIP.cBggg6R2Ji4Tcnvv2Ca7dgHaLG&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jaba said:

Does being tired and or feeling body as heavy make it harder to be kind?

Hi Jaba,

On the contrary ~

th?id=OIP.8b07mzO6UxMn3IIMGJFxbQHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=268&h=151

There is a lightness of being ~ with kindness?

th?id=OIP.vHrx3n5t88cDdBjFHAS6awHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

• Like 1

I found out yesterday evening that the best friend I had in Richmond graduated//moved on to another plane.

Hoover was the kindest of the kind. He was and continues to be,  one of the great teachers I've had the good fortune to learn from.

He always joked he liked it when I came around, because then, he wasn't the oldest person at the tavern.

I choose to play this selection; because Hooves could've written it.

Spoiler

May be an image of 2 people

Official statement from the bartender:

t is with such great sadness and heavy hearts that I have to say we lost such a wonderful human being. Hoover (Jeff Hall) was one of the most loving, caring, and compassionate men that I had the pleasure of knowing. He was a staple of Third Street Tavern and we will never be the same without him. With a consistent smile, PBR, Bourbon, and a middle finger he brightened everyone’s day every time he walked through the door or spoke to you. Full of jokes and advice that everyone needed he touched the lives of so many people over the years that will never forget. The level of love he showed my son spoke volumes to his character and his kindness from helping with pumpkin carving with neighborhood kids to finding my son’s favorite toys that he will cherish forever. Hoover we will never be able to thank you enough for being what we all needed all day and every day! You will be greatly missed my friend and please fly high with no more pain and suffering. Cheers to you we love you!

Please being watching our page for updates on arrangements. In lieu of funeral I will be hosting a memorial service for him here at Third Street Tavern! I will post the date within the next few days. You can also make donations to Tessa or myself or at Third Street to go towards us trying to get him cremated. A go fund me page will be set up this week as well.

• Thanks 3

My condolences for your loss zero

Sounds like a wonderful human being 

:wub:

• Thanks 1

Thank you, steve.

Hoover was one of the good guys. A gentle giant. I met up with him at the tavern about a month before he moved on.

The last thing he said to me was that he had "achieved understanding"

This morning after my early morning gym routine; I walked to the cafeteria, and Donna, who is the cash register lady, said "you know what?"

I said, "What's that?"

She said, "I don't care today, just go ahead and eat."

and she waves me through, no payment required.

I said, "Thank you Donna" 

And I ate breakfast. Free breakfast with coffee and orange juice. When I finished, I grabbed a sprite for the road and exited by Donna's door, I usually exit a different door.

I looked at Donna, signified index finger up and told her, "Have a good day Donna."

she said "You too."

I responded, "It's off to a good start."

Donna said, "It sure is."

When folks take a moment now and then, just for small chit chat, get to know the person's name, occasionally ask how they are doing, listen to them, it turns out, folks genuinely care about their fellow folks. 

This morning I got a free breakfast. Everyday here, is an absolute pleasure and a privilege to be here, in this state of kindness.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

an embarrassment of riches// yesterday at lunch, different establishment, different cashier lady, when i was ready to pay, she said, and I don't even know her name, she said, lunch was on her today. that being yesterday.

kindness never need be embarrassed. and its not that i look like i am starving or anything. i just walk around with my smiling eyes beaming and kindness vibes vibrating. goooooooooooooooooooooooood medicine.

kindness ain't for getting free breakfast or free lunch kindness generates a richness in the quality of life's moments.

• Like 3

Random acts of kindness can be playful.

kindness never acts.

kindness is a reflection of one’s soul.

2 hours ago, zerostao said:

Random acts of kindness can be playful.

kindness never acts.

kindness is a reflection of one’s soul.

And a lack of kindness is also a reflection...