林愛偉

Sifting Through the Mulch

Greetings Every One,

Just last Friday, I was in Taian city, visiting my Quan Zhen Dao Shifu, Liu Shifu. Taian is the home of Tai Mountain (Taishan). When I entered the temple, I noticed she had another person there, but this person was wearing Daoist Left-Home person clothing. I grew skeptical of this woma, for her posture in standing didn't fit that of someone who actually had the virtue to be a real Daoist cultivator. How can you tell the real from the fake?

Well, here, real would be he/she who actually cultivates manners of right speech, right views holding steady posture in standing, sitting, and walking, as well as sharp, but humble mannerisms.

I watched this "new" "Daoist" woman help Shifu out with making the Crossing Over Money to be burned, and such. When I finally reached the opening of Patriarch Lu'Dong Bin's alter, Shifu noticed and stood up with a nice bow, and I returned it as well. I sat down beside her, Shifu, and waited till she was doine with all the people asking for help.

Not too soon I arrived, the "Daoist" woman there turns to me and in Chinese begins to talk about me as if I wasn't there. I stood up and gave her the respected bow, and she was shocked, and embarrassed. Then she kept on talking about my Chinese speaking and wouldn't stop. Once Liu Shifu left her desk to the attend to the people, this woman pulled out her business card which read her name, and then "Dao Zhang" right after it. Daoi Zhang is like a revered name for a head of an order of a Daoist sect. For example : Master Wang Chong Yang would also be called Wang Dao Zhang.

So I looked at her and the card, and took the card. I smiled and said wow, a business card. Then, once Liu Shifu returned, the woman began to do other things. I already felt she was a bit...fugazy..lol, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

She received a cell phone call, and her voice, astoundingly loud, and obnoxious. She had no mannerisms of speech, no form in sitting and not one ounce of regard for so many other people. I later found out that she was telling people that if they don't buy incense to offer up to the Immortals, they will receive ill fate, sickness in the family and their whole lives would be filled with bad things due to not buying incense.

I left at that point for lunch. WHen I returned she was gone. I went to Liu Shifu and asked her about this woman, telling her I thought she had problems, and wasn't actually a Daoist cultivator, let a lone a left home person. She said that woman was nothing but a liar, and she said it with a passion. She said that woman only dresses up like a Daoist but is by no means a Daoist anything. She lies to people to get their money, makes business cards to cheat people, just for face.

Liu Shifu said that many people put on the Daoist clothes just for recognition. They learn a bit of Taiji Quan and then read a few books about QiGong, and Daoism. THen they go out and talk a big talk, but actually lie to people. She took the woman's business card and ripped it up to shreds exclaiming the woman to be a great big liar..lol

She pointed out the same things I did, and advised me to not doubt my eyes and views when it comes to seeing who is actually a true cultivator or not.

So again, to pass it on to you all, Look for good postures, light steps, lofty mannerisms, Virtue and Moral, especially having a regard for the people around you, as well as not asking for money, or making motions as to how much something of theirs is in return for them giving it to you. All left home cultivators should follow a standard mannerism; Right speech, Right thought, right physical posture in stepping, standing and sitting, as well as lying, Right humility, Right views.

If your eyes can notice these, that is good. If not then you have to use intuition, if that is your better ability.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I have always considered posture to be the main factor, but that's because it's the thing I'm aware of most due to my martial arts practice. It's good to read about your experience with this lady. I now have a larger list of tools to assess those when I feel the need to.

Thank you for this Lin.

Hello and yes thanx for this :) posture and speech are good pointers. There is alot also you can see in the other person's eyes. Sincerity, good nature and vitality are often noticed in the eyes :)

Ffcourse its far from waterproof but its an extra pointer wich adds up.

Kind regards !

Next time I witness belching, nose picking, burping, farting, certain undesirable physionomy traites such as a wrinkle on the left side of the nose, and sway back, I'll be able to sift through the mulch.

Thanks Lin.

Next time I witness belching, nose picking, burping, farting, certain undesirable physionomy traites such as a wrinkle on the left side of the nose, and sway back, I'll be able to sift through the mulch.

Thanks Lin.

HAHA

Well with all due respect , lol, if the Daoist left home cultivator needs a cane, is hunch backed and has

a strong desire to pick their nose, then there are exceptions...lol

Peace,

Lin

What's that?

Also known as a monk, or nun. Monk and nun isn't the actual proper term, because

a monk refers to one who leaves the societal world altogether.

But a Daoist and Buddhist "monk" doesn't do that. They cultivate in the world, though in a monastery,

yet often tend to the people who come in to also cultivate, and or do services to the community.

So I say, Left Home, one who has left the home life.

Peace and Blessings :D

Lin