Nuralshamal

My experience with Jiang Yu Shan (Hisham al-Haroun)

Dear friends,

Here are my experiences so far (only a few months) with master Jiang Yu Shan (Hisham al-Haroun).

1) He has really good information for free on youtube.

2) He has partnered up with VahvaFitness and gives incredible information if you pay for  his programs. They're all video programs, talks and follow along practices.

3) Some highlights about the info he covers I really enjoyed:

a) semen retention and transforming semen

b ) how to look after your penis and testicles during prolonged semen retention and celibacy
c) how to create the lower dan tien
d) how to tie your legs & feet plus arms & hands together with your dan tien

4) My own personal experiences doing his exercises so far:

a) every single qigong book I've ever read always talks about breathing with the abdomen, and how correct breathing is the foundation for EVERYTHING in qigong. This is something I've read and practiced for practically decades, and I felt like I had it down. However... How Jiang Yu Shan teaches correct breathing is COMPLETELY different from anything I've ever seen or experienced in all my years of meditation, breathing exercises and qigong.

Using his method for activating the diaphragm, I was completely flabbergasted to discover I use only about 10% of the front part of my diaphragm when breathing.. EVEN when deeply focused on abdominal breathing.

After using his method of breathing, I can now feel even by lower back expanding when doing his diaphragmatic breathing. Even after having practiced several weeks, if I don't do the exercises diligently everyday, my diaphragm immediately goes back to its old ways.

This is something that has completely revolutionized my qigong. It's literally the first and most basic thing for acquiring energy: breathing. It's there in every single book. However, here you learn an extremely easy and simple method to physically activate and strengthen your entire diaphragm.

I am still continously working on the breathing.

b ) his method of standing meditation for firstly creating the lower dan tien, and then opening the microcosmic orbit is brilliant. It's easy, it's simple, and IT WORKS! I've tried everything for many, many years, and I do feel like my channels are open and I can circulate qi throughout the microcosmic orbit using postures, breathing, mantras, mudras and visualisations.

However, the dan tien forming and microcosmic opening standing meditation of Jiang Yu Shan is fundamentally different. It's PHYSICAL. You can feel it happening and taking place in your PHYSICAL body. The other methods I've used, I can feel the vibrating, pulsating electricity and heat circulating. However, with his method I start feeling my physical spine, my tailbone, midback, neck, everything is PHYSICALLY opening alongside the energy.

This I feel to be extremely, extremely powerful.

5) To round of this post:

So far I've only practiced his systems for a teeny tiny bit, a few months. This was simply an experiment to try something completely new. However, I'm very positively surprised, and would definitively recommend it.

His knowledge of the physical aspects, the fighting aspects, the qi and breathing aspects, the herbs, semen retention, tea, using external tools for healing and qigong (e.g. bricks, chop sticks, beaters etc) are phenomenal.

If you want to experience your physical body change in ways there can be NO DOUBT about, I recommend checking him out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:56 PM, Nuralshamal said:

a) semen retention and transforming semen

b ) how to look after your penis and testicles during prolonged semen retention and celibacy

These are not the signs of a credible teaching system.

This I feel to be extremely, extremely powerful.

Feelings are not any certain indicative of internal progress. Often these imply an unbalanced state of mind that stirs excess energetic activity.

If you want to experience your physical body change in ways there can be NO DOUBT about, I recommend checking him out!

Your writing could pass for a very energetic sales pitch. Do you receive any referral reward for bringing in new students?

Edited by senseless virtue
Toning down my language riddled with childish insults. I apologize for not having observed the right speech carefully enough.

Hi @EFreethought thanks for your question :D

Yes, I've practiced meditation and qigong a lot, it's been a major part of my life.

I've practiced 4 different styles over the past 7 years.

First genital weight lifting and the accompanying qigong, meditation and lovemaking practices for 2 years full-on, whereafter I put it on the backburner. I wrote about this in my post on genital weight lifting. I've now resumed it 1-2x/week for 10-20 minutes just to maintain.

Secondly, I came into contact with Master Wu's qigong, which I've practiced for 5 years daily (and still counting). This has been my mainstay qigong practice.

Thirdly, I came into contact with Spring Forest Qigong. This was for 2 reasons: 1) I personally resonated really well with Master Chunyi Lin's open, smiling, humble and compassionate personality. 2) Furthermore, he spoke openly about deeper meditation experiences, as well as the third eye, auras and the more spiritual side of qigong. This has been for the past 2 years.

Fourthly, I heard about Jiang Yu Shan about a year ago. He had a very different style from the others, so in a spirit of curiosity, I decided to experiment with it. It's been a couple of months now.

After so many years of daily practice, I wanted to share my experiences. When I was investigating all these styles of qigong, I thought it was very difficult to find and get clear guidance, and most importantly personal experiences with these styles.

Either you find nothing, or you find nay-sayers completely dissing it in a one-sided manner, or you find the fans, who worship it, also in a completely one-sided manner.

So, in accord with karma, I decided to give to others, what I myself would have wanted. My hope is to save others from uneccessary blood, sweat and tears, as well as being trapped in the chinese teaching mentality of withholding information, not explaining and answering questions, and not always guiding the pupil through different challenges, but instead mindlessly preaching the phrase "just practice".

I got hurt from this mentality and lack of guidance. My body, my qi, my energy, my health, everything. 

Therefore I wish to share my experiences with others, and be available to answer questions, not in a one-sided manner, but in a nuanced and realistic way.

I wish everyone who reads this all the best!

Be blessed :)

• Like 3

@EFreethought 

I learnt genital weightlifting, lovemaking etc in person (yes, this was an adventure in and of itself..)

I learnt all of Master Wu's qigong in person.

Spring Forest Qigong I've learnt the first 3 levels online (I bought the bundle).

Jiang Yu Shan (Hisham al Haroun) I've bought the online program and have also spoken with him one-on-one via zoom.

Simplified Kundalini Yoga I've learnt everything in person, one-on-one, with direct energy transmissions (first through touch, then the eyes, and latest through the mind). 

Edited by Nuralshamal

Interesting, thanks for posting. I got bombarded with Facebook ads from Vahava Fitness and his teacher Hisham al-Haroun for a while.

I was curious until I saw they were charging $3000 for beginner courses comprising a few videos. The guy seems quite an accomplished martial artist, but honestly I got bad vibes from him.

Glad you got something from it though. That's a hell of an investment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:35 PM, Vajra Fist said:

I got bombarded with Facebook ads from Vahava Fitness and his teacher Hisham al-Haroun for a while.

I was curious until I saw they were charging $3000 for beginner courses comprising a few videos. The guy seems quite an accomplished martial artist, but honestly I got bad vibes from him.

It's ridiculous pricing.

The promises of "semen retention and transforming semen" and "how to look after your penis and testicles during prolonged semen retention and celibacy" are common misused tropes to lure the unwary.

Edited by senseless virtue
Toning down my abrasive language. I apologize for not having written with right speech in my mind.

49 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Interesting, thanks for posting. I got bombarded with Facebook ads from Vahava Fitness and his teacher Hisham al-Haroun for a while.

Glad you got something from it though. That's a hell of an investment

Hi @Vajra Fist, thanks for your post! :D

Yes, I completely get where you're coming from.

For me it was also an experiment, just to try it out :D

Definitively go with your gut feeling, always!

Nice to hear from you.

All the best!

Be blessed :)

• Like 2

@Learner 

The course is called "the grand circle".

Here there is a section called "microcosmic orbit".

In one of the first videos in the "microcosmic orbit" he talks about diaphragmatic breathing.

Later he shows the "squatting monkey" standing meditation. By doing this for prolonged periods (up to one hour) using the special breathing method, you will over time 1) create and strengthen the lower dantien, 2) when the qi is strong enough, it will go to the "first gate" (the tailbone), 3) when even stronger, it will go the second gate "midback", 4) finally the third gate and base of the skull, 5) the third eye, 6) back down to the dan tien.

When this is accomplished, you should continue to do the practice twice a day at certain times of the day for just 10 minutes to maintain.

Keeping the lower dan tien strong and the microcosmic orbit open is a key secret for health and longevity, as well as the foundation for many other higher practices.

Let me know how it goes ;)

Be blessed!

On 8/10/2021 at 7:10 AM, Nuralshamal said:

@Learner 

In one of the first videos in the "microcosmic orbit" he talks about diaphragmatic breathing.

"The Grand Circle" says that it is "advanced qigong". Did you jump right into that course, or did you do "Health & Fighting Qigong" first?

@EFreethought thanks for your question :D

I don't know your background, but if you've been doing qigong for a couple of years, I would suggest to start with the course you feel "attracted" to, or the course that you "feel" something for.

If just starting out or quite new to qigong, I definitively recommend starting with "health and fighting qigong" and then go from there. But if you've been doing qigong and meditation for many years, I think it would be fine to start with the grand circle.

I really like the "buddhist qigong" in the "health and fighting qigong". It's peaceful, it mobilizes and stretches you out, and there are some great and meaningful mantras which remind you of the truth of life as do the form.

So, it depends on the person and what you're into, what you resonate with.

Be blessed!

Edited by Nuralshamal

On 19.07.2021 at 6:56 PM, Nuralshamal said:

VahvaFitness

I first read YahvehFitness. 

It's odd enough. Even when I searched something on qigong on the youtube I have never come across this name and system among my recommendations from youtube. But this time after I have read this thread ( I did not do any search about this system, and I do not want to do it ), and then I opened youtube page in my browser, this system appeared among my recommendations. What is that - new type of the commercials technologies from google? Or is it how AI works nowadays? 

22 hours ago, Antares said:

I first read YahvehFitness. 

It's odd enough. Even when I searched something on qigong on the youtube I have never come across this name and system among my recommendations from youtube. But this time after I have read this thread ( I did not do any search about this system, and I do not want to do it ), and then I opened youtube page in my browser, this system appeared among my recommendations. What is that - new type of the commercials technologies from google? Or is it how AI works nowadays? 

This is everywhere these days. Me and the missus were reminiscing this morning about living over in Dubai. Then the wife sits down to work and suddenly there's holiday adverts for Dubai on the computer. She didn't search for Dubai, I'm guessing that her phone just overheard the conversation somehow. Weird world we live in.

Also, the fact that VahvaFitness must spend a ton on adverts. They are everywhere across YouTube and Facebook. It's almost like the new 'Trainers Hate Him' adverts. 

I'm guessing that the high advertising budget has at least something to do with the absurd prices they charge for qigong.

On 10/08/2021 at 7:10 PM, Nuralshamal said:

@Learner 

Later he shows the "squatting monkey" standing meditation. By doing this for prolonged periods (up to one hour) using the special breathing method, you will over time 1) create and strengthen the lower dantien, 2) when the qi is strong enough, it will go to the "first gate" (the tailbone), 3) when even stronger, it will go the second gate "midback", 4) finally the third gate and base of the skull, 5) the third eye, 6) back down to the dan tien.

When this is accomplished, you should continue to do the practice twice a day at certain times of the day for just 10 minutes to maintain.

Keeping the lower dan tien strong and the microcosmic orbit open is a key secret for health and longevity, as well as the foundation for many other higher practices.

Let me know how it goes ;)

Be blessed!

Hi,

I don't really want my 1st post to come across as confrontational or demeaning in any way as I understand, you do not have access to any Dai Xin Yi Quan, teachers to confirm what you are learning is legitimate or not, but it has been brought to my attention, that Jian Yu Shan is promoting himself as some sort of Dai Xin Yi Quan, teacher, which I believe is unconfirmed and most probably not true.

I have tried speaking to him nicely on a few occasions and he refuses to disclose who he learnt for and for how long and got all aggressive and standoffish with me.

As far as I know, there is no lines of Dai Xin Yi Quan, teaching in Taiwan (or have taught) and I never heard him learning from anyone in China (this also goes for his Xin Yi Liu He Quan).

Dai Xin Yi Quan is taught predominantly in Qi Xian (Qi county), Shanxi, China, not elsewhere and it is not a widespread style, it is only practiced within a pretty small group.  There are a few practitioners outside China (in NY, there is Li Tai Liang and affiliates, teaching, Xin Yi Dao, which is a DXYQ hybrid / Che Shi Xing Yi Quan) etc.

Now onto the topic of "dun hou shi" squatting monkey.

1 hour is very long time to spend during "dun hou shi" for a beginner and it is even considered a long time for a more advanced student.  I am not sure how you are practising it, but if it is anywhere like I have seen him teaching those, Vahva guys, then it is completely wrong.

I had been contacted by someone who had paid the outrageous $2,000 USD for his online "internal and external Qi Kung course" and he did mention it was just some videos, which you watch and then imitate it, there was no mention of him sending in video or getting hands on critique of his practice, not that it would matter if he had not learnt it legitimately in the 1st place.

As for the statement regarding the "Xiao Zhao Tian" this is also not really correct either, but I had asked this question, specifically to my, Shifu - Yan Long Chang and he gave me a very vague answer, saying that it may open naturally, when I asked him about the orthodox way of using sitting meditation and internal energy circulation, which IMHO, is the only guaranteed way of doing it.

If there anything specific you would like to know about, Dai Xin Yi Quan, then feel free to ask me ask me.

Jon Dyer aka Dai Zhi Qiang

• Like 1