Metadromos

In the beginning

Hello world, 

This is my first post.  40s,M, east coast, USA.  

Into the intersection of east and west inner knowledge.  Why 10 sephira and 7 chakras?  Why 22 paths in kabbalah and not 24 or 26?  Why not six paths or one road?  But MOST interested in distilling all the words into inner experience.

Influenced in the past by crowley and regardie.  Influenced in the present by glenn morris.  Why did he die so young?  Who are the living glenn morris' out there.  

Many of my Google searches seem to lead here, so thought id join.  

Edited by Metadromos
fixed typos

Hello Metadromos,

You sure have a lot of questions… 

Welcome to the bums.

warm regards,

ilu

p.s. If you haven’t already done so please read the three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and expectations.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, Metadromos said:

Hello world, 

Into the intersention of east and west inner knowledge.  Why 10 sephira and 7 chakras?  Why 22 paths in kabbalah and not 24 or 26?  Why not six paths or one road?  But MOST interested in distilling all the BS words into inner experience.

Influenced in the past by crowley and regardie.  Influenced in the present by glenn morris.  Why did he die so young?  Who are the living glenn morris' out there.  

The KAP people are carrying out much of Doc Morris's legacy, see https://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/blog/

They have online programs that follow much of his path.

The Indian's map has 7 chakras, the Kabbalah has a tree and its sephira and 22 paths that connect them.  Personally for Kaballah I enjoy the Ecstatic Kaballah, aka Abullafiah's Kaballah, which is not so much standard Kaballah as sacred sounds.  So the practice is very experiential. 

Big fan of Rawn Clark's work based on Franz Bardon's Hermetics, which again are very experiential.  Here's a link to some of the programs, free, lessons don't progressively, good stuff, imo  http://abardoncompanion.de/

Thing is, one person's gold is another's tin.  Give things an honest try and move on if they don't connect.  

• Like 1

thelerner,

Thanks for the pointers and links!  I've bumped up on the KAP site a few times and think it's really interesting.  I am reading through the Rawn Clark site now, thank you!

• Like 1

On 16/07/2021 at 11:54 PM, Metadromos said:

Hello world, 

Into the intersection of east and west inner knowledge.  Why 10 sephira and 7 chakras?  Why 22 paths in kabbalah and not 24 or 26?  Why not six paths or one road?  But MOST interested in distilling all the words into inner experience.

I think a lot of this is based on the  human hand   and ( the observed similar )  forces in nature  ; the basis of 10 represents the digits ( and that word can mean the fingers and thumbs  AND the numbers  0 - 9 )   . Also we see in many systems a combination of 3 / 4  ( eg,  the 3 basic principles  and the 4 elements .... that seems to exist everywhere physics through to  'spiritual speculations'  - see astrology for example ; 3 modes in 4 elements ) in combination that gives us a base 12 system, also popular in many cultures) - the four fingers on each hand with their 3 parts  .

In my experience base 7 systems relate to the 7 visible 'wandering;  starts . In such systems one can usually find the 7 levels relate to some of the energies of the 7 planets .

Why 22 paths ?  Well, its because originally it was all based on letters - Hebrew has 22 letters .

I am familiar with  Crowley and Regardie,  and their work , but not Morris .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Nungali,

I discovered Morris recently.  He was an incredible guy!  I actually discovered him in a funny round-a-bout way.... I had Googled something like "Kundalini and Martial Arts" and ended up on some random wordpress blog that was somehow fascinating and slightly disturbing.  It was disturbing because it was subtly trying to sell stuff, but the words... hooked me.  I googled some direct quotes from the blog and found out that the blog was stealing Glenn Morris' words and using them to sell esoteric stuff. 

(Sadly, Morris died about 15 years ago, but he was a giant in life.  Cocky as hell, and that may turn some people off, but I've known people just like him and can enjoy that self assuredness.)

Anyway, I'm on Doc Morris' second book Shadow Strategies... he talks about Kundalini in very clear ways and describes techniques to help get the energy moving.  (Stuff imo that you won't see in more "occult" groups unless you hang around for 10+ years, or someone high-up takes a liking to you.)     In many of the groups that I've experienced, there seems to be a prohibition in talking too directly about kundalini, but without this, isn't everything just empty words?

"...and the kisses of the stars rain hard upon thy body"

" .... Beyond the splendour of the world,
    False glittering of the gold,
A Serpent is in slumber curled
    In wisdom's sacred cold.
Life is the flaming of that flame.
Death is the naming of that name,
The forehead of the snake is bright
    With one immortal star,
Lighting her coils with living light
    To where the nenuphar
Sleeps for her couch. All darkness dreams