Toni

The best article I have read in 2 years

Thank you Toni for sharing. I thought the article made many unsubstantiated claims and had a manipulative alarmist tone.

Let's have a quick look at the article's publishing platform mercola.com. It's owned by Joseph Mercola who advocates "alternative medicine" theories and has been criticized by many, including FDA. Let's take a look into one of his fairly recent claims:

Will ‘Nebulized Hydrogen Peroxide’ Help You Avoid Contracting COVID-19?

“Nebulized hydrogen peroxide therapy is an inexpensive and simple way to treat most viral respiratory illnesses,” Joseph Mercola wrote on April 9 2020. “All you need is a nebulizer with a face mask that covers your mouth and nose, and common household hydrogen peroxide, available at most grocery stores and pharmacies.”

In a separate tweet, he added: “Ideally you would use food grade hydrogen peroxide (12 percent) but then dilute to between .5 percent-3 percent,” directing users to a YouTube video he said would explain his claim. But in reality, Mercola conceded in the 30-minute video that there is no evidence to support it, saying:

It appears that nebulized peroxide can act as a topical disinfectant or a biological signalling molecule. But we don’t know. The studies haven’t been done. And the studies certainly haven’t been done — the randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trials — to see if this works in coronavirus infections. But you know what? There are no double-blind placebo-controlled randomized trials that are published yet for any intervention in SARS-CoV2, for COVID-19. So considering that nebulized peroxide is a) inexpensive; B) incredibly safe if used in the right concentration — especially if you’re using food-grade peroxide — [and it] essentially has no toxicity, it would seem that it would be beyond reasonable to try this as a simple strategy to not only treat but prevent any viral infection like SARS-CoV2.

Dr. Joy Phillips, a research assistant professor of immunology with the Donald P. Shiley BioScience Center at San Diego State University, took issue with Mercola’s characterization of peroxide as “incredibly safe.”

“I’m not sure what he’s talking about with ‘food grade,'” she told us. “Twelve percent peroxide is really, really dangerous. I don’t know how he can possibly say that it has ‘essentially has no toxicity.’ I mean, really, if it were non-toxic, why would he even be talking about it? Obviously it’s toxic.”

Dr. Christopher Labos, a cardiologist and associate with the office for science and society at McGill University in Canada, also questioned Mercola’s claim. He told us:

I think it is potentially very dangerous for people to be inhaling hydrogen peroxide. It can be toxic and the possibility for people to accidentally poison themselves is potentially quite high. This is not a good idea at all. There is literally zero evidence that hydrogen peroxide would do anything to treat covid-19.

For people who are afraid of getting covid-19, the best evidence is just stay home. We have seen quite convincingly that physical distancing works.

Phillips also told us that she had seen two studies cited by Mercola in the video touting hydrogen peroxide:

Both papers focus mainly about sterilizing surfaces. Vaporized or nebulized hydrogen peroxide is really great for that, because it nebulizes well and decomposes pretty quickly. However, he’s using data from solid surfaces like countertops to talk about the lung. With that logic, he could just as easily propose using undiluted Clorox in the lungs, because Clorox does a great job sterilizing surfaces. The lung is one cell layer between life and death. You can use lots of things on a metal counter or even on your skin that you cannot put in a living lung.

Shortly before promoting the “nebulized” treatment for COVID-19, Mercola suggested on Twitter that 5G radio waves “could be having an impact on the COVID-19 pandemic,” a claim that has been roundly debunked — despite the insistence of social media users, celebrities, and other conspiracy theorists.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-nebulized-hydrogen-peroxide/

If the platform in question is operated by this kind of quack who pushes misleading information, then what else could I say than buyer beware.

• Thanks 1

"If the platform in question is operated by this kind of quack who pushes misleading information, then what else could I say than buyer beware."  Indeed and more so....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I use this treatment myself. Very helpful for sinus and lung conditions too.

@Toni  Maybe get yourself a ppd so you can mod comments.

Makes discussions much more focused and interesting.

Anyway, works for me, lol

Edited by cheya
Decided not to bait the trollitos.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please let's focus on Dr. Peter McCullough words

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cheya said:

Do some more research, friends.

I am doing, but I'm allergic to pseudo-science bullshit and alarmist tones.

Mercola is not the only doc recommending this treatment.

Mercola doesn't have any medical doctor credentials that the word 'doc' would colloquially imply, which you must have be aware of as a smart person. Then why infer such?

It's used in hospitals.

In what capacity?

Stuff that sounds weird to you may not actually be all that weird.

It usually is.

By the way, I do this myself.

Do what? Are you inhaling nebulized hydrogen peroxide, and if so, then what is the concentration?

Very helpful for sinus and lung conditions too.

References to peer-reviewed respectable scientific journals, please.

Not gonna argue any more than that. 

"La-la-la-la! Not listening."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I shared this link bc I found Dr. Peter McCullough interesting. He is a reputed scientific. No need to talk about Mercola now

• Like 1

Sorry Toni, gotta say it.
@virtue  Doctor Mercola is a DO, Doctor of Osteopathy. Actually my favorite kind of Doc.

"Osteopathic medical students complete four years of medical school, plus three to nine years of additional medical training through internships and residencies in their chosen specialties. After earning their degree, D.O.s also must pass state licensing exams and national boards."

@Toni  Beginning to see the advantages of using your ppd yet?  LOLOL

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cheya said:

Maybe get yourself a ppd so you can mod comments.

@Toni, Cheya gave me this exact same advice the other day and, well, she may be on to something. Like you, I find Dr. McCullough´s take on things credible and persuasive.  I appreciate your sharing.  Unfortunately, I´m afraid there´s not much chance of having a productive conversation about his views here in the general area of the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

there will not be any discussion which takes breath if someone burns out their lungs by screwing around with this idea and making a mistake, which is very and easily possible...

• Thanks 1

@Toni  Don'tcha just wish this was in your ppd?

Ok i will listen to your advice @cheya , you are right. But sadly there is one thing that is bad for lungs as mentioned in the article: intubations. Many people knows well. Now i will move it to my ppd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alas, don't think you can move the topic once you start it in general.

But I could be wrong.

You can repost the topic in your ppd and remove/delete any comments you made in the topic, and maybe close the topic to further comments. But you can't erase anybody else's posts which they made in the general version. You might ask @steve or @ilumairen what your options are.

46 minutes ago, cheya said:

Edited 33 minutes ago by cheya
Decided not to bait the trollitos.

Who are the 'trollitos' you are referring to? Why would you need baiting anyone in a civil discussion anyway?

• Thanks 1

For some people, replying to them at all constitutes baiting. 

I resolved not to do so, but lost my resolve for a few critical moments during a boring weekend.

I'm re-resolving. 

A happy, healthy, peaceful day to all of us.

• Like 1

@Toni - If you would like a PPD please let me know - tag me or message me.

I would be willing to move this thread there but not your longer thread given how much activity is already there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheya said:

I use this treatment myself. Very helpful for sinus and lung conditions too.

@Toni  Maybe get yourself a ppd so you can mod comments.

Thats probably a good idea, then it will be easier to 'not see' . Since this IS in a public part of the site, I am GLAD the comments are not modded  and people are not having their  VALID CRITICISMS  being censored

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, virtue said:

I am doing, but I'm allergic to pseudo-science bullshit and alarmist tones.

Mercola doesn't have any medical doctor credentials that the word 'doc' would colloquially imply, which you must have be aware of as a smart person. Then why infer such?

In what capacity?

It usually is.

Do what? Are you inhaling nebulized hydrogen peroxide, and if so, then what is the concentration?

References to peer-reviewed respectable scientific journals, please.

"La-la-la-la! Not listening."

Trump recommended bleach and Lysol to his lackeys so I guess hydrogen peroxide works just as well, even though it is caustic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheya said:

Sorry Toni, gotta say it.
@virtue  Doctor Mercola is a DO, Doctor of Osteopathy. Actually my favorite kind of Doc.

"Osteopathic medical students complete four years of medical school, plus three to nine years of additional medical training through internships and residencies in their chosen specialties. After earning their degree, D.O.s also must pass state licensing exams and national boards."

@Toni  Beginning to see the advantages of using your ppd yet?  LOLOL

Are you a licensed medical professional?

Posted (edited)

The best piece of info following ANCIENT WISDOM:

"TCM is effective in preventing COVID-19, and medical staff can prevent an iatrogenic infection by taking a decoction made based on the principles of TCM. As of March 13, 2020, new cases of COVID-19 in China have decreased in number to single digits. TCM's curative effect was outstanding, with a national participation rate of over 90%. More than 70,000 people were cured of COVID-19 and discharged from the hospital. Only approximately 10,000 patients are currently being treated, and the total treatment time is approximately 2 months."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7439087/

SPLEEN QI DEFICIENCY is the underlying issue due to the current nature of modern society:

1. Excessive mental activity exacerbated by smartphone and computer use.

2. Poor diet. Too much cold and processed food. Traditional cooking methods are slowly dying out.

3. Lack of exercise

Some applicants likely to manifest this 'virus:'

https://ibb.co/9q8Q7Bd

https://ibb.co/pyVMgwf

https://ibb.co/0CdrXxG

I sleep with my iPhone says one teenager. Yeah right.

Edited by Gerard

Posted (edited)

Dr Peter emphasizes that early treatment to covid was available but has been censored to promote the vaccines.

"Perhaps one of the greatest crimes in this whole pandemic is the refusal by reigning heath authorities to issue early treatment guidance. Instead, they’ve done everything possible to suppress remedies shown to work, whether it be corticosteroids, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with zinc, ivermectin, vitamin D or NAC. 85% of COVID deaths could have been prevented had early treatment protocols been widely implemented rather than censored".

"It appears the intense censoring and suppression of early treatments was a strategy to promote as much fear, suffering, hospitalization and death as possible in order to prepare the population to accept a new genre of gene transfer technologies on a mass scale"

Edited by Toni
  • Like 2

I wonder if any of the many Bums who disagree with Dr. McCullough would be willing to read all or part of the article Toni posted, quote him briefly, and post a counterargument?  That might lead to a productive discussion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I wonder if any of the many Bums who disagree with Dr. McCullough would be willing to read all or part of the article Toni posted, quote him briefly, and post a counterargument?  That might lead to a productive discussion.

I have come to think that this is not science for them, this is faith

4 minutes ago, Toni said:

I have come to think that this is not science for them, this is faith

I think it’s a bit of both, on both sides. 

And a little trust/distrust added in.

Science is not without faith, it just goes by a different name.

In science it’s called axioms and corollaries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1