Hello you all; just a quick question. You know better than I do but. What would be the best way to activate the third eye, if one had only the two eyes to work with.

I suspect I'm close, and I've worked every part of my body except the hairs; and, all that's left is the two eyes. I've read that pineal gland activation could be achieved through somehow, working the eyeball, itself. Is that true?

What exercises do you know about?

It has to be an exercise that squeezes the eyeball, or something close to that.

Thank you, and I await your answers.

PS: Something just occured to me:

Could frowning be considered a good technique to press the third eye.

Because if I frown my face. And move up my nose; and sort of squint my eyes, I can squeeze it from all angles, and trap it in a sort of circle. Just a thought there.

Edited by dawn90

try to squeeze your forehead. Some time ago I became interested in reichian bodywork. For them to work with the eyes is important. They have exercises like frowning and tensing the forehead, opening and closing eyes, rotating the eyes, etc. They claim this can even improve your sight, but I didn't really feel much improvement.

I will follow this thread as I am interested in eyes work.

Edited by Toni

My dear friend answering your question...

Only an occultist of a high order could answer this question with certainty. Without pretending to any such actual knowledge, we may with benefit, however, speculate about as well as anticipate the manner in which this is accomplished, and also the result. One who lives the ordinary worldly life cannot open or use his “third eye.” This physical organ is the bridge between body and mind. The power and intelligence which operates through it is the bridge between the finite and the infinite. He who lives in the finite thinks in the finite and acts in the finite cannot grow into and comprehend the infinite while he so lives and thinks and acts. The initial step to be taken toward opening the “third eye” is to control the thoughts, to cleanse the mind, and make the body pure. This strikes at the roots of life, and covers the whole range of human development. All duties must be performed faithfully, all obligations be lived up to strictly, and the life must be guided by one’s inherent sense of justice. One must change the habits of thought on the baser things to the consideration of the higher objects of life, and thence of the highest. All the forces of the body must be turned upward in thought. All marital relations must have ceased. One so living will cause the long disused occult organs of the body to become active and awakened. The body will thrill with a new life, and this new life will rise from plane to plane in the body until all of the finer essences of the body carry the power to the head and finally, either of itself naturally, or by an effort of the will, the flower of eternity will bloom: the Eye of God, the “third eye,” will open. The radiance of a thousand suns is not to be compared to the light of truth which then fills and surrounds the body and penetrates all space. Objects, as objects, disappear and are resolved into the principle which they represent; and all principles as representing the real are in turn resolved into the immensity of the whole. Time disappears. Eternity is the ever-present. The personality is lost in the individuality. The individuality is not lost, but it expands into and becomes one with the whole.

• Like 5

As someone with little knowledge of chakras/dantiens or what have you, as someone who naively and haphazardly went from stumbling in to a mystical path to involuntarily plunging into it to merely survive safely and pursue happiness on a delayed and grand scale, who went from “trying to open my 3rd eye” to fluctuating between experiencing profound insight and shocking, terrifying, nearly life-shattering experiences…. I don’t think Opening You 3rd Eye is what you assume, expect or imagine it to be. If it is make sure that if you really want to do that, seek the advice of a respected, qualified teacher/master/guru before knocking on the door, or walking through it. In my experience I thought I was knocking on the totally safe and liberating door of the supramundane, and got a lot more than I bargained for. Specifically watching the door close and lock behind me in a metaphorical (and semi-literal) room of padded walls.

I don’t have regrets about my journey (I think) am super grateful to be where I am now, but i think you ought to clarify a lot of things before you go down a road like that. 🙏🏼

I am no expert on such matters I just have my own personal experience to draw from and what I ve read and seen alluded to do by others.

Edited by TranquilTurmoil
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the hua hu ching translated by Brian Browne Walker: 

fwiw I ve practiced for 8 years intensively and while I don’t have a human teacher, I ve never been led or directed to any esoteric energy practices. My advice is to be patient, persevering, and devoted. 🙏🏼

6BF17FA7-6BAB-4274-84FC-05E71E1C26C2.jpeg

16 hours ago, dawn90 said:

Hello you all; just a quick question. You know better than I do but. What would be the best way to activate the third eye, if one had only the two eyes to work with.

I suspect I'm close, and I've worked every part of my body except the hairs; and, all that's left is the two eyes. I've read that pineal gland activation could be achieved through somehow, working the eyeball, itself. Is that true?

Activating third eye is generally not working on the eyes themselves.  Pineal Gland is closer.   But have you thought of closing it afterwards?   Many people got mad because they cannot close it or open/close it at will.

12 hours ago, virtue said:

Why would you want to activate the third eye in the first place?

Because my practice has led me there.

What I'm doing, is following the path.

Funny thing happened.

I said in my post that I worked everything except the hairs, well.

Something happened just now.

I've been placing my hands on top of my hair, but no so close as to squash them.

Lightly.

And wouldn't you know it: something happened.

My thinking is that somehow the hairs on the head are linked with the third eye; squeezing the forehead did nothing. I tried that just now.

But the hairs.

I started feeling vibrations in the body as I was doing it.

An exercise I'm not going to bore you with explaining.

But I did feel something.

I think I may be at a transition point between the spirit and the material world.

But I'm not sure.

Odd.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, dawn90 said:

I started feeling vibrations in the body as I was doing it.

An exercise I'm not going to bore you with explaining.

But I did feel something.

Tread carefully. It's not a good idea to invent your own practices.

Chasing experiences and feeling into sensations is a easy way to get into psychotic mind states gradually and without noticing what is happening. I know people who have done so and now intake anti-psychotic medication as a consequence.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, virtue said:

Tread carefully. It's not a good idea to invent your own practices.

Chasing experiences and feeling into sensations is a easy way to get into psychotic mind states gradually and without noticing what is happening. I know people who have done so and now intake anti-psychotic medication as a consequence.

Im not going to push my advice too hard on OP but i can attest to a similar situation. Energy imbalances + Severe anxiety/panic attack -----> Demonic NIghtmares -----> Sleep deprivation --------> Disaster!

Its no fun being coerced into taking anti psychotics or even worse... actually being in a situation where you benefit from them. I like to believe i was in the former category. Nonetheless, dont get drunk on the possibility of the fast track to transcendence. Shock and disaster are never more than a few reckless ill-advised decisions away, how much more so on the spiritual path.

I hope you consider what Im saying and I also understand that you might not be inclined too. I wish you well

• Like 1

Don't worry. I'm not the impulsive type.

Besides; I've been doing this a great amount of time, and I'm talking years of practice and practice.

Every vibration has to lead to a calmer state. That's my rule.

If it doesn't.

Than I need to watch out.

Fortunately it hasn't, and things can continue to look as bright as they have been for a couple of weeks now.

So don't worry.

I know what I'm doing.

But I'd like to get your advice on the hair thing, I've just discovered.

Any insight?

On 7/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, dawn90 said:

It's not so much a physical exercise or manipulation of the eye.

It is more related to resting the eyes and the mind's eye-sense in space.

Opening the third eye is about "seeing" in a way that transcends the physical eye and eye-sense, or the way the mind interprets the information. it is more a meditative approach than a physical approach.

This is why it is emphasized in some traditions to meditate with the eyes open and to do practices that induce visions like sky gazing, sun gazing, and dark retreat.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 9:39 AM, dawn90 said:

The ones totally unrelated to it.

Anything forced, sought after or attached to only serves to:

1. Block the Qi flow

2. Satisfy the EGO

• Like 2

What to do then:

1. Find a real life teacher that teaches an ENTIRE SYSTEM passed on by generations of practitioners. Examples are Chinese Internal Martial Arts and Buddhist Vipassana (walking + seated meditation).

2. Practice it with earnest effort and DAILY (take breaks when the Body-Mind tells you to).

3. Enjoy that path. If you don't, then you'll need to find one that suits your personality.

4. Keep chopping wood and carrying water because that's something you'll do for the rest of your life

• Like 3

I get that you're not too fond of reichian/Lowen type practices. That focuses on sensation.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:32 PM, dawn90 said:

I said in my post that I worked everything except the hairs, well.

Something happened just now.

I've been placing my hands on top of my hair, but no so close as to squash them.

Lightly.

And wouldn't you know it: something happened.

I've read about exercises for 'hair breathing',  believe it was Taoist.  Hair.. as antennae, kind of stuff. 

Probably Chia type stuff, but Chia learned/borrowed/stole much of his stuff from older sources.  

To be granted a  3rd eye ability means  our gain of  one more  spiritual  dimension to our existence , which is great to us  as  a 3D creature  who claims to be  intelligent( analytic cum intuitive ability ), yet always suffers  due to our inability to see those unknown and uncertainties . However, we  cannot attain it  by focusing our mind on the upper dantian , visualizing something strange  nor electrically charging  some part of  our brain .  

Assume  that  there is  a  2D world  living creature who now gets his  brain  , yet all his  senses and minds are accustomed and stuck to the 2D world he lives in  , how can we add  that extra-dimensional ability ( now a top-view of his  world ) to his mind's eye , allowing him to see those originally blocked  dots and lines , or not yet emerged / happened events earlier  ?

The key first  is to detach .  Contrary to most people who think that mindfulness,  more focus  or  higher levels of abstractions  that might do the job, it is  to detach  from his world , his  senses and  his conceptions that can attain  it  .  It is to the utmost of that  series of  detachment that an extra dimension comes  in.. ;   such a way  is unique  , and  likely  applies  to n-th dimensional worlds as long as consciousness , or more precisely speaking  , self-consciousness   ,   exists in them.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dawn90 said:

I get that you're not too fond of reichian/Lowen type practices. That focuses on sensation.

I enjoyed Reichian therapy for period of time, but I think you're treading on a razor edge here. No need to take these systems out of context(?) or mishmash them trying to squeeze something that's not of their intended usage? 

On 7/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, dawn90 said:

What I'm doing, is following the path.

The extent of my knowledge and experience is rudimentary at best and I feel like everyone else who knows better than me already said their share. I just wanted to add to what they said I guess :P maybe my ego felt like saying this.  I think it could be more important to figure it out and consult other sources or traditions that work with Pineal Gland/third eye in the context of a whole system like Kriya Yoga maybe? 

I am probably less experienced as you said you had years of practices and experience, tho I hope my few words help a little?

Learning comes from outside. Though the inner pattern of learning is complete in our minds, when it comes to the actual practice of learning, all the famous people, ancient and modern, have studied with everyone and inquired about everything; they have gathered together all the particulars and put them in order, synthesized them and connected them: only after this is this mind in perfect accord with the Tao, and content and happy.

If you are too lazy to study the ancients and too embarrassed to inquire from people, and you try to produce learning from out of your own intelligence, this is pitiable, this is laughable: you don't know what to call learning.

Lu Kun (1536-1618) From Worldly Wisdom book(Translated by J.C Cleary )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 07/07/2021 at 2:39 AM, dawn90 said:

PS: Something just occured to me:

Could frowning be considered a good technique to press the third eye.

Because if I frown my face. And move up my nose; and sort of squint my eyes, I can squeeze it from all angles, and trap it in a sort of circle. Just a thought there.

Immerse yourself in the subtlety of nature, maintain stillness and tranquility – and do this for a long time and it will progressively open (it is not a switch.) No special tricks are necessary. It is simply a matter of vibrational entrainment (as with everything to do with consciousness). Attune yourself to the subtlest energies the physical dimension has to offer, they are gateways to the tenderness of the Dao, whose frequencies will take you to the precipice of Taiji whence you need only freefall into the immaterial in order to consciously familiarise yourself with its energy signatures. Once you've done that, your body will naturally be capable of recognizing and picking up those ranges of information; essentially, once you know you know – even though you already always know – in this life, you're remembering that you know from a different perspective, which is the definition of growth. Bear in mind that, the closer you get to the envelope of Taiji, the less you have to do to stabilize that state of being. In fact, at the initial stages any "doing" will simply snap you back to the consciousness of the body. There is initially a sort of duality present between the two, but once you normalize the state, they collapse into one and everything you can do, witness, or experience in a higher realm of consciousness becomes native to the non-meditative state, if you will, for lack of better phraseology.

All of doing happens within nondoing and nondoing gives birth to all doing.

Everything arises from nothing.

Nothing is being everything that is.

Try to initially use your imagination and will (you wei) to know your consciousness expanding beyond the borders of your body and blending into all the other consciousnesses of all other beings around you. Blend with the trees, with the seas, with the rivers, with the subtlety of the sunlight. Blend as one drop of water would blend with another to form a greater drop and endless drops would unite to form a mighty ocean. Blend and imagine becoming one identity. This more than anything will help you attune to the frequencies of energy needed to stimulate the third eye.

The paradox to existence is that while consciousness is "seemingly" inside the physical body, in fact, the idea of the physical body and Taiji as a whole is taking place inside your consciousness and your consciousness fractally is taking place inside the consciousness of the Dao. So fundamentally speaking, there is actually no physical reality – it is more akin to a consensual ideological hologram maintained by a unity of pooling consciousness that sustains the experience of physical reality. All of this starts to break apart at the seams once you begin to tune out of Taiji and start seeing the mechanics behind the whole orchestral symphony of consciousness at play.

You need only consciously remember the subtlety that you already are and access to those ranges of your consciousness will become available because they already exist.

But you have to consciously immerse yourself in as subtle of states as possible to "lead" yourself, to stream yourself back to your higher ranges of frequency. That is all that most of physical cultivation is really; various modalities to entrain yourself to frequencies you already possess, the activity of which "triggers" your awareness into a remembering of what you already know and that's how "abilities" awaken. It is you awakening to the knowledge of yourself and familiarising your physical mind to the expansiveness of consciousness.

Meditate and immerse yourself in subtlety, maintain emotional equilibrium, dissolve your "I" in favour of the collective universal one "I" and everything you want will "open and activate."

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2