Allow me to reintroduce myself …. Again! On my path of limitless trials and tribulations which leads to infinite growth and healing I’m back to casually and sincerely connect with my spiritual sibling bums :) I’m not seeking esoteric teachings or practices at this time like I assumed I ought to a month or two ago but I’d love to make some good friends! Being an I Ching hermit for 8 years has been both tiresome and rewarding and I ve finally returned to my lay zen center after 7.5 years away and I think this group could be a great regular complement to that. Thanks to those who tried to respond my last to go rounds and I hope to connect with you more fully this time as well as many more seekers on the path of cultivation and service. Enough wordy elaboration I ll close my new beginning with some Chaung Tzu to sympathetic and appreciative ears:

”Still, his mind remained calm and unconcerned. He hobbled over to a well, looked at himself in the water, and said: ‘It’s incredible! The Maker-of-Things keeps crumbling me up into this embrace!’

’Do you resent it?’ Asked Adept Offering.

’No why should I resent it?’ replied Adept Cart. ‘If my left arm’s transformed into a rooster, I’ll just go looking for nights end. If my right arm’s transformed into a crossbow, I ll go looking for owls to roast. And if my butts transformed into a horse, I ll just ride away! I ll never need a cart again!” (Hinton) 🥳🤗😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well to encourage some discussion and support I think maybe it would be good to share a poem I recently posted to Instagram which won the much coveted “like” from my brother and a fellow monastery exile/veteran from 8 years ago (and no one else):

Asylum refugee

Far from my homeland

The promised land is not what was promised to me

One of my only true friends 

Just made his pilgrimage back to the motherland

To get his medication adjusted

Because he thought it would be a good idea

To buy into the delusion of freedom

If you can’t tell by now I’m utterly disillusioned 

With empty promises and harsh truths

I chased the projections of phantoms

From my past life

In a quest for absolution and redemption 

When really I should have sought to ascend

To the clarity 

That I was always worthy of forgiveness

It wasn’t my fault my group couldn’t understand

Me and what I was going through

And I hope this makes me whole

Because I think I’m through

Looking for fulfillment and healing

In the ancient abysses and sharp edges

Of my old friendships

I’m willing to make exceptions for the people who want me to

But i can count on the rest

To not want me to count on them.

So hopefully this gives you some insight and groundwork to help you guys be there for me because as of a couple days ago I felt like I related to this Old Fellow a little too much for my taste: (upload is failing me again but it was A heartbroken Lao Tzu riding his bull into the Mountains) 🙏🏼

Edited by TranquilTurmoil
For emphasis! And to adjust presentation error
  • Like 1

Welcome back TT!

I'm certainly happy to have you here and look forward to your presence and presents.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steve said:

Welcome back TT!

I'm certainly happy to have you here and look forward to your presence and presents.

I confessed to Creation that all I have in this wondrous world is antagonizing annoying alliteration and wild wacky wordplay. Oh and ZZ (Zhaungzi!)Thanks for the warm wishes :)

• Like 1