Sign in to follow this  
Capeador1

Mantak chia's possible error mco, i need help, please

Hello everyone, a week ago I began to perform the meditation of the microcosmic orbit of the mantak chía book awakens the healing light of the tao, the first method to open the microcosmic orbit, it says that you have to condense energy in each point of the 2 channels of the orbit, but in the description of the meditation they mention a point of the head that does not exist in the governor channel, between the crown and the jade pillow, it also speaks of accumulating energy in the palate, but there is also no point of energy There according to the diagram of the microcosmic orbit, after doing the meditation as it appears in the book I have been for several continuous days with pressure, pain and tingling all over my head, I put my tongue on the palate before the teeth while doing the meditation and I sat down with my feet on the ground but it didn't help either, please I need help, does the meditation have mistakes?

Simple and effective advice:

1) Stop practicing anything associated with Mantak Chia. This site has many stories of people hurt by practicing according to Chia's instructions.

2) Seek more ethical and reputable teachers who don't publish and instruct with misleading or otherwise dangerous "exercises". Don't be swayed by easy promises of attainment, but demand proof.

3) Scrutinize carefully your would-be teachers whether they have real patience and love for others. The alternative is that you lose money, time, and health.

• Like 6

Thanks for the advice, but how do I deal with the trapped energy in my head? I do not have teachers, and the possibility of finding them in the country is very scarce

Calmness of mind is healing.

Stop trying to improve the situation. It's more than likely that your mild symptoms will improve gradually once you leave the worrying mindset.

Don't do meditation or any other internal practice. These might only agitate the energy trapped in your head.

Meet people, exercise, eat healthily, walk in the nature, and enjoy ordinary life.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Capeador1 said:

Thanks for the advice, but how do I deal with the trapped energy in my head?

In which country are you located?

Solution:

1. Go to Youtube

2. Type in the search box: Asian Squat (browse and learn from several sources; there are several very helpful videos by experienced practitioners not the typical Asian person who has been doing this since childhood) & Pole assisted Squat (probably start wit this one and progress slowly; it will take you a long time to re-educate your body & mind).

4. Practice the above on a DAILY BASIS. Stay low in the pole assisted squat as long as you like. I used to stay low for up to nearly an hour! It shows how ungrounded we have become with all the thinking, technology, schooling, study, sitting on chairs, driving cars and so on.

5. Perform these (or the plain Asian squat once you are able to do it unassisted) exercises for the rest of your life. 

6. Stop any seated meditation practice until the stuck Qi in the head is gone. 

Good luck!

Any questions feel free to ask once you get started.

Tips for the Asian Squat:

1. Once you are comfortable with the pole version, get several kettlebells (alternatively dumbbells if you can't find them) of various weight increments; eg. 15-12-10-8-6-4-2Kg and practice starting with the lowest weight you can squat Asian-style comfortably. Once it gets too easy then start with the next weight down on your list; from 15kg to 12kg.

2. Don't take large increments in weight being dropped as you need to give some leeway to your body & mind; that is, make sure the weight drop is smooth; otherwise it will cause unexpected blockages and

/or stagnation. Better to go from 15kg to 14kg than 15 to 10. The larger the difference between the two will make the exercise more difficult to perform, which is not what you are after.

It took me roughly 2 years of daily training the squat with kettlebells before i could squat down unassisted and stay in the full squat position for some time in order to develop good grounding skills and remove stagnation from the leg and waist channels as well as clearing the lower jiao.

On 30/6/2021 at 5:40 PM, virtue said:

Calmness of mind is healing.

Stop trying to improve the situation. It's more than likely that your mild symptoms will improve gradually once you leave the worrying mindset.

Don't do meditation or any other internal practice. These might only agitate the energy trapped in your head.

Meet people, exercise, eat healthily, walk in the nature, and enjoy ordinary life.

Virtue, thanks for answering, so the cure is simple, live in peace without thinking about it, and the energy will return to its original flow?

17 hours ago, Gerard said:

In which country are you located?

Solution:

1. Go to Youtube

2. Type in the search box: Asian Squat (browse and learn from several sources; there are several very helpful videos by experienced practitioners not the typical Asian person who has been doing this since childhood) & Pole assisted Squat (probably start wit this one and progress slowly; it will take you a long time to re-educate your body & mind).

4. Practice the above on a DAILY BASIS. Stay low in the pole assisted squat as long as you like. I used to stay low for up to nearly an hour! It shows how ungrounded we have become with all the thinking, technology, schooling, study, sitting on chairs, driving cars and so on.

5. Perform these (or the plain Asian squat once you are able to do it unassisted) exercises for the rest of your life. 

6. Stop any seated meditation practice until the stuck Qi in the head is gone. 

Good luck!

Any questions feel free to ask once you get started.

Tips for the Asian Squat:

1. Once you are comfortable with the pole version, get several kettlebells (alternatively dumbbells if you can't find them) of various weight increments; eg. 15-12-10-8-6-4-2Kg and practice starting with the lowest weight you can squat Asian-style comfortably. Once it gets too easy then start with the next weight down on your list; from 15kg to 12kg.

2. Don't take large increments in weight being dropped as you need to give some leeway to your body & mind; that is, make sure the weight drop is smooth; otherwise it will cause unexpected blockages and

/or stagnation. Better to go from 15kg to 14kg than 15 to 10. The larger the difference between the two will make the exercise more difficult to perform, which is not what you are after.

It took me roughly 2 years of daily training the squat with kettlebells before i could squat down unassisted and stay in the full squat position for some time in order to develop good grounding skills and remove stagnation from the leg and waist channels as well as clearing the lower jiao.

Gérard thanks for your answer, I live in a town in Venezuela. I style using the Asian squat position to rest and go to the bathroom, I had many months with digestive problems and they advised me to use that position. Now, eventually doing Asian squats should the energy return to its original flow?

I have some fear, I do not want to spend many years with the energy stuck in my head, it is annoying and painful

This is  quite a common trouble we can find  on the internet..,anyway , some ideas:

1) As  beginners , deliberately lead qi  to somewhere or  intensively focus on  dantians / acupuncture points  , is something  you should not do.

2) Do not start by focusing  your mind on Upper Dantian because as  beginners , hardly can you grasp the  strength of doing it .

If the trouble is generated by over-focusing on some  upper dantian/ acupuncture points on the head , then shift your focus to the lower dantian ( main source of qi in our body ) or  acupuncture point  on your foot sole , say Yongquan :

the point.jpg

can be the solution.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Capeador1 said:

I have some fear, I do not want to spend many years with the energy stuck in my head, it is annoying and painful

How many days did you practice these Chia meditations?

3 minutes ago, virtue said:

How many days did you practice these Chia meditations?

Four days Virtue, and i stop de meditations when begins the headache and pressure. 

• Like 1

It's ok. Four days is not going to cause that severe illness as you fear.

Have your mind at peace and focus on ordinary and grounding activities: The discomfort will gradually dissipate within a week or two at most.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, virtue said:

It's ok. Four days is not going to cause that severe illness as you fear.

Have your mind at peace and focus on ordinary and grounding activities: The discomfort will gradually dissipate within a week or two at most.

Virtue, thanks for the answer, I will be calmer then, what happens is that I have read very bad stories of people with the same problem as mine and it fills me with fear. 

Forget about fear and anxiety. You are only harming yourself by adding more speculation and emotional distress. As I said earlier: Calmness heals.

Think of it as a learning experience and be more careful about teachings from now on.

It usually takes a lot more effort and persistence when people get long lasting or severe symptoms. Also, their practice is different and clearly more risky.

You did relatively little of Chia practice and have very mild symptoms so far. People usually report much more severe issues when they post about Chia teachings around here. You were wise to stop at the first signs.

Have faith that all will turn well.

I was doing my meditation last week(which I do uses a bit of focus) and somehow after that practice I started having pressure in the head and headaches and I got very nervous, but within 3 days without practicing they were gone. Hope you the best. Stay safe.

• Like 1

Hi, Capeador 1, I've not read Matak Chia's books and don't know how he teaches micro-cosmic orbit. MCO (both micro and macro) is an essential qi-development technique to clear blockages and qi flow to the 8 extraordinary meridians. But from what I read of your posting, perhaps your breathing is not in sync with your mental intent during mco causing a qi stagnation in your head. Somehow either you lost concentration or too much forcing of qi-flow into your head during your practice. Question: Did you end the practice with 'Sou Gong'? The solution: 1. stop the use of MCO during your practice, just use natural abdominal breathing unforced and relaxed. During closing/ending the exercise (Sou gong), breathe in and with mental intent down to your dan tian, but focus the passage of your qi down to 'Forever Spring' Yongquan que. Do this either 3, 6 or 9 times. 2. If the headaches still continue, consult a TCM acupuncturist to release your excess qi from the head. 

51 minutes ago, Sudhamma said:

MCO (both micro and macro) is an essential qi-development technique to clear blockages and qi flow to the 8 extraordinary meridians. But from what I read of your posting, perhaps your breathing is not in sync with your mental intent during mco causing a qi stagnation in your head. Somehow either you lost concentration or too much forcing of qi-flow into your head during your practice.

Are you making up stuff and wanting to sound smart?

The OP has had an injury, and he wouldn't benefit from any speculative and frankly very questionable Qigong theories that you propose. Such are what got him sick in the first place!

51 minutes ago, Sudhamma said:

The solution: 1. stop the use of MCO during your practice, just use natural abdominal breathing unforced and relaxed. During closing/ending the exercise (Sou gong), breathe in and with mental intent down to your dan tian, but focus the passage of your qi down to 'Forever Spring' Yongquan que. Do this either 3, 6 or 9 times.

It would be better if the OP just rested a while.

Besides, the missing caveat with this type of instructions is that it should be setting an extremely gentle intent just for a brief while and having no stable focusing at all.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 2

Here's a practice used in the lotus neigong school, which usually serves to correct errors from qigong deviation, including mircocosmic orbit. 

And eventually:

Best of luck with it all

• Like 6

@Capeador1 What @Vajra Fist posted above is good place to start anew once you feel better or if the symptoms are prolonged. I would still urge for you to have patience and rest a week at least instead of seeking more active methods.

Damo Mitchell has a good reputation and actually knows what he teaches. If you are really interested in the internal work, then he is a trustworthy teacher you could look up and examine closer.

• Like 3

On 02/07/2021 at 8:57 AM, Capeador1 said:

Now, eventually doing Asian squats should the energy return to its original flow?

Yes as long as you don't go back and do the stuff that caused you trouble.

Focus on ground work and when the head is clear again learn to meditate properly. Focus on BREATHING and watching YOUR THOUGHTS and various BODILY SENSATIONS.

This is a skill that takes many years of practice.

Stay away from energy building stuff.

Tips:

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-vipassana-insight-meditation/

I favour Buddhist seated meditation methods above any others. Safer for sure. 

Edited by Gerard

On 7/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, virtue said:

very questionable Qigong theories that you propose.

What theories have I propose?

31 minutes ago, Sudhamma said:

What theories have I propose?

These three:

On 7/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sudhamma said:

MCO (both micro and macro) is an essential qi-development technique to clear blockages and qi flow to the 8 extraordinary meridians.

MCO is one of the most misunderstood meditation phenomena, which many charlatan teachers try to market as a Qigong technique. Thus your statement is pure theoretical conjecture based on hearsay, in my opinion.

But from what I read of your posting, perhaps your breathing is not in sync with your mental intent during mco causing a qi stagnation in your head.

Offering health advice to anyone is not a guessing game about the causes of symptoms.

Somehow either you lost concentration or too much forcing of qi-flow into your head during your practice.

It's highly unethical to diagnose people without seeing them in person and without having a proper medical training.

OK, I understood now where you are coming from.

MCO of both micro and macro are practised by me for many years now, and what was described by Capeador1 was typical of qi-stagnation in the head caused by over-focusing of qi attempting to cross over baiweique, the meeting of hundred pressure point. I had gone through those problems when I first began Micro-Cosmic Orbit. My experience gives me the confidence of stating my assumption and also the solution to the problem. It is my sharing of what it is worth in this forum. Of course, it is up to Capeador 1 to confirm whether my assumption is correct and if incorrect, then my solution is also simply not valid.

MCO if not practised properly under proper guidance is dangerous and more so for people initiating and attempting it at an advanced age and those with hardened blood vessels. 

In fact, all techniques which focus in the head region is risky.   MCO is only one of them.  If we concentrate on a certain body part, say the hand, blood and body fluid go there, they may or may not accompanied with some Chi.  These create pressure on the blood vessels.  It is why Taoist alchemy normally starts from lower Dantian in the belly region, comparing with Buddhist or Yogi who more often put the concentration in the head region like the crown chakra, third eye, eye brow or top of the head and so on.   Many people mistaken that these meditation (or physical exercises) are pure energy work.  But this is only a modern interpretation.  Traditionally, Chi and blood are always mentioned together, even normal people know.   When so much blood flow to the head following self suggestion, visualization or minute muscle movement, we have to be very careful. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this